Connoisseur Figures (2 Viewers)

:smile2::tongue: GOT THESE THE OTHER DAY FROM AEROART.THANKS TO COMBAT FOR POSTING THE MARK A.SO I KNEW IT WAS BACK IN STOCK.MIKE B.^&grin^&grin
DSC01235.jpg

AeroArt and K&C desert village piece. Obviously needs some desert.

Attachments

• Copy of Picture 023.jpg
    Copy of Picture 023.jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 313
  • Copy of Picture 039.jpg
    Copy of Picture 039.jpg
    228.7 KB · Views: 320
  • Copy of Picture 031.jpg
    Copy of Picture 031.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 309
Excellent figures MC Bowen and Chasbo! Thanks for sharing. Between the two of you, you can for an Aeroart Legion! Great stuff and thanks again for sharing. I love those AA Romans!!

Here's an Aeroart figure I just found on ebay that I haven't seen before. I thought I'd post it here because the sculpt features a lot of the characteristics of figures sculpted by Figarti.

XX301Main.jpg

thanks Joesgis, two of the romans came south from the northerly outpost. I was ready to pull the trigger and purchase the roman archer
but McBowen must've beat me to it.I need to be quicker off the mark. Would like to see those wwII figures Patton and Montie up close, to see the detail and coloring. Looks like the one you got is nicely done.

HI GUYS A FEW MORE KOLOBOB-- PAINTED FOR HIM ANYWAY FIGURES.MIKE B.

DSC01297.jpg

DSC01303.jpg

DSC01298.jpg

Here's an Aeroart figure I just found on ebay that I haven't seen before. I thought I'd post it here because the sculpt features a lot of the characteristics of figures sculpted by Figarti.

XX301Main.jpg

Aeroart appears to be re-sculpting some very similar WWII figures they released a few years ago. And selling them at slightly reduced rates. Likely a sign of the times. You can see slight differences like the dog is beside and not in front of Patton in the original. Here are pictures of the originals and some from my own collection:

http://www.treefrogtreasures.com/forum/showthread.php?7828-Connoisseur-Figures/page12

http://www.treefrogtreasures.com/forum/showthread.php?7828-Connoisseur-Figures/page29

Aeroart appears to be re-sculpting some very similar WWII figures they released a few years ago. And selling them at slightly reduced rates. Likely a sign of the times. You can see slight differences like the dog is beside and not in front of Patton in the original. Here are pictures of the originals and some from my own collection:

http://www.treefrogtreasures.com/forum/showthread.php?7828-Connoisseur-Figures/page12

http://www.treefrogtreasures.com/forum/showthread.php?7828-Connoisseur-Figures/page29

Thanks for the info Combat. I think that you are indeed correct. Fantastic collection of figures you have featuring world class paint jobs. But even though I followed the links, I didn't see your version of Patton w/ dog so that I could compare the sculpts. Maybe somehow I'm juts passing it by...will go triple check for it.

Thanks for the info Combat. I think that you are indeed correct. Fantastic collection of figures you have featuring world class paint jobs. But even though I followed the links, I didn't see your version of Patton w/ dog so that I could compare the sculpts. Maybe somehow I'm juts passing it by...will go triple check for it.

How come the ST. PETERSBURG COLLECTION doesn't have a "thread" in the main section???

Mine is the same as that shown on the p.12 link (post #119). So I did not post one of my blurry pictures.

HI GUYS HERE IS AN OLDIE BUT GOODIE THE AEROART KUBEL[PROTOTYPE]WITH ROMMEL.MIKE B.{eek3}

DSC00106.jpg
{sm4}{sm4}

I agree, they should have their own categorical heading or sub-forum.

SHANNON-- PETER PLEASE OPEN AEROART AND OTHER RUSSIAN FIGURES TO A NEW SECTION .I THINK THE NUMBERS SUPPORT IT.MIKE B.AND THEY DESERVE ONE.^&grin^&grin

Mine is the same as that shown on the p.12 link (post #119). So I did not post one of my blurry pictures.

Oh yes, I see it now, thank you. There's definitely a difference between these figures, and quite a pronounced one. In particular, the face of your figure features a far superior sculpt, full of character, while the newer one is very "flat". The paint on your figure is top of the line, while the other, while very good, is not comparable IMHO.

Been a while since I have posted here as I haven't been active in acquiring new connoisseur figures recently. I've posted pics of thiis figure before but these are taken with a better lens.

Russian Vityaz PB704

2011_3_18_DSC_0012.jpg

2011_3_18_DSC_0003a_small.jpg

HI GUYS HERE IS AN OLDIE BUT GOODIE THE AEROART KUBEL[PROTOTYPE]WITH ROMMEL.MIKE B.{eek3}

DSC00106.jpg
{sm4}{sm4}

Mike Great figure ,
I have this one also {bravo}} one of the few modern figures I have from them . I would also vote that Aeroart deserves their very own thread :wink2: Mr Thor is a true pioneer in the industry , I love to hear him tell stories of the old days when he would come home from business trips in Russia with a suitcase full of these figures before he got up and running . Of course that's when the Dollar was worth a lot more :mad: .. Regards Gebhard

Needless to say, but great looking Rommel figure. Thanks for posting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back