Connoisseur Figures (1 Viewer)

A stirring new Aeroart figure.....Count Raymond of Toulouse from the First Crusade:

P1110878.jpg

Joe

Fabulous figure! These figures rarely get attention on this forum and they look so neat. I've got to get some Samurai for my collection soon, maybe some FL pieces?

That looks awesome Frank, is it a 10?

I would guess it's a 10...it is an unbelievable figure. Certainly no less than a 9/10. Thanks for the amazing pics Frank and congratulations on the brilliant acquisition.

Joe

Glad you guys like it. I wouldn't rate it a 10 but it's definitely up there.

Glad you guys like it. I wouldn't rate it a 10 but it's definitely up there.

Hi Frank,

In parallel with what others have said, your Samurai figure is truly remarkable. The detailing and painting are wonderful and the manner in which you have displayed it is outstanding. However,...

Since I have an unpracticed eye and since I am overwhelmed with the beauty of this figure, can you elaborate on what prompts you to conclude it is not a 10? I find it most difficult to suggest any improvements in the quality of this figure. Consequently, I would very much enjoy hearing your observations.

Warmest personal regards,

Pat :)

Nevskaya Miniatura ( Tatyana Gapchenko's studio) is one of the best studios
Level of sculpting & painting is close to 10
St-Petersburg school !!!!

I think this is a truly spectacular figure, Henry VIII on horseback. The jewels right below his neck are real jewels. It's from the St. Petersburg collection.

IMG_0956.JPG

IMG_0953.JPG

IMG_0954.JPG

IMG_0955.JPG

Hi Frank,

In parallel with what others have said, your Samurai figure is truly remarkable. The detailing and painting are wonderful and the manner in which you have displayed it is outstanding. However,...

Since I have an unpracticed eye and since I am overwhelmed with the beauty of this figure, can you elaborate on what prompts you to conclude it is not a 10? I find it most difficult to suggest any improvements in the quality of this figure. Consequently, I would very much enjoy hearing your observations.

Hi Pat, thanks

As you know I have numerous samurai from various studios. All of the figures I have received that were painted by Gapchenko's studio are exceptional including this one. For me some of the transitions between shading and hilighting, particularly in the face aren't quite as smooth as some of my other examples. To say something is a 10 is to say it is absolutely show winning perfect. I'll give this figure a 9.5.

It should be noted that I'm not an expert at assessing these figures so this is strictly the opinion of an amateur.

Hi Frank,

Thanks a million for replying to my question. I have re-examined the figure and I think I can "almost" see what you are referencing concerning the shading of the face. I would never have noticed the shading had you not pointed it out to me and,...still,...it is a remarkably beautiful figure that would be a prize in any collection. My compliments for an excellent addition to your fine collection.

By the way, I am the rank amateur, not you. ^&grin

Thanks, again, for responding to my inquiry. I appreciate your opinion very much.

I think this is a truly spectacular figure, Henry VIII on horseback. The jewels right below his neck are real jewels. It's from the St. Petersburg collection.

View attachment 102039

View attachment 102040

View attachment 102041

View attachment 102042

Awesome figure and pics Brad. Those EW series figures from Aeroart are breathtaking. Have you seen the mounted Saladin figure from the EW series? It's really incredible too....right up there w/ the bejeweled Henry VIII.

Joe

Beautiful piece! I purchased the prototype of this figure from Thor years ago. It actually won a gold medal at the Chicago show in 2001/2002. I have a couple photos 10731.jpg10730.jpg10729.jpg Different paint but all beautiful!
JW

Beautiful piece! I purchased the prototype of this figure from Thor years ago. It actually won a gold medal at the Chicago show in 2001/2002. I have a couple photos View attachment 103120View attachment 103121View attachment 103122 Different paint but all beautiful!
JW

That is in deed a show stopper JW!! What an incredible version of Aeroart's Henry VIII. and what a prize to have in your collection! Thanks for sharing the pics of the stunning prototype. Do you have any of the ME series foot knights by chance? I've been looking for ME28 (knight running w/ axe, shield and flowing cape). It's a figure hat has long eluded me.

Joe

Joe,
Thanks for the nice words. I was lucky to get it. I do not have ME28, but I have recently purchased some of the mounted ME pieces. It is a great series. I will try to get some photos up of my latest Arsenyev stuff.
JW

That is in deed a show stopper JW!! What an incredible version of Aeroart's Henry VIII. and what a prize to have in your collection! Thanks for sharing the pics of the stunning prototype. Do you have any of the ME series foot knights by chance? I've been looking for ME28 (knight running w/ axe, shield and flowing cape). It's a figure hat has long eluded me.

Joe

Joe,
Thanks for the nice words. I was lucky to get it. I do not have ME28, but I have recently purchased some of the mounted ME pieces. It is a great series. I will try to get some photos up of my latest Arsenyev stuff.
JW

JW, Thanks for the reply. I may have to bite the bullet and order the ME28 foot knight from Russia. I'd love to see pics of your newly acquired mounted ME series Arsenyev pieces, or any others you'd like to share. I hope to someday add mounted pieces nos. ME31 & ME422 to my collection. Both are absolutely brilliant sculpts.
Joe

Joe,
ME31, ME32, & ME422 are the ones I picked up the last year or so. I agree the sculpts on all are fabulous. All three were done by Juri Serebriakov and I have always like his work. I will try to get more photos up soon. I have many to photograph yet. I think the painting on my ME31 is the best, maybe a 9/10, the others are 8/10 but still nice. Take care
JW

JW, Thanks for the reply. I may have to bite the bullet and order the ME28 foot knight from Russia. I'd love to see pics of your newly acquired mounted ME series Arsenyev pieces, or any others you'd like to share. I hope to someday add mounted pieces nos. ME31 & ME422 to my collection. Both are absolutely brilliant sculpts.
Joe

Joe,
ME31, ME32, & ME422 are the ones I picked up the last year or so. I agree the sculpts on all are fabulous. All three were done by Juri Serebriakov and I have always like his work. I will try to get more photos up soon. I have many to photograph yet. I think the painting on my ME31 is the best, maybe a 9/10, the others are 8/10 but still nice. Take care
JW

JW,
If you get a chance I'd love to see pics of those ME series figures. That's quite coincidental that two of three that you have recently picked up are also on my wishlist! I only have a few mounted figures, but someday I hope to get ME31 and ME422. Congratulations on scoring these absolute classic sculpts and works of art, and one of them is a 9 at that!!
Best,
Joe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back