Conte breathing again (1 Viewer)

villagehorse

Lieutenant General
New website up and running. Something is stirring.
contecostore.myshopify.com

Who would have thought.
Robin.

Robin...
I hope he comes in like gangbusters...
I really do...
I have signed up for emails twice on his website...
but have yet to be added to his mailing list...

Lots of cool stuff, I tell you Richard can get you excited for sure, I hope these are coming, lost of neat stuff on there!

TD

At one time I would have really got excited but not anymore. Lots of cool stuff if he comes through with them or is this just to sell what's left.
Mark

Lots of cool stuff, I tell you Richard can get you excited for sure, I hope these are coming, lost of neat stuff on there!

TD

You ain't kidding, he gets me every time. I signed up again for the updates..... again. Gotta have the Color Sergeant with the revolver and knobkerrie!

I have seen this before from Conte and nothing happened, but I really hope I am wrong and there are new sets. I think they will do very well.

I would love for Richard to start manufacturing again, If it wasn't for him I might still be collecting marx playsets.
I bought my first metal soldiers because of his WW2 range and everything followed after that.
And another flying zulu coming :salute::
Chuck

At one time I would have really got excited but not anymore. Lots of cool stuff if he comes through with them or is this just to sell what's left.
Mark

I just looked at the website and went through the pages of products. There is not one new single figure or set ready to ship out to customers. New figures, sculpts, not previously released or shown, are entirely of previously released lines or subjects that were promoted/announced on their conteco website for years.
Lots of “coming soon”, but didn’t we hear that for many years?
Conte was so good, Conte can be very good, but what I see on the four pages of products is selling out remaining sets from years ago. Giving it one more boost, so the inventory goes low.
I don’t know, but I just don’t trust this new attempt of “comeback”.

If they really do come back, congratulations and welcome back!

Konrad

I just looked at the website and went through the pages of products. There is not one new single figure or set ready to ship out to customers. New figures, sculpts, not previously released or shown, are entirely of previously released lines or subjects that were promoted/announced on their conteco website for years.
Conte was so good, Conte can be very good, but what I see on the four pages of products is selling out remaining sets from years ago. Giving it one more boost, so the inventory goes low.

Konrad

My thoughts exactly Konrad.
Mark

Konrad

Yeah, looked at the Zulu page and all previously released figs. None of the new but yet to be released sculpted he had posted several years ago. No pulse detected. Chris

Far from being alone in this regard. As recent events have shown. Personally I've never known RC to go "underground". There's normally good reason. Cottage industries are naturally susceptible to unexpected events.

Breathing or gases just escaping the corpse! For years Conte have been on the brink of new releases and we have seen nothing tangible. It is easy to produce pictures and put them on the website and deliver nothing or very little, just ask Britains. We collect and buy Toy Soldiers, not pictures, life is full of could, might and going too, but delivering is another matter.

Sorry to be harsh but this thread of Conte coming back come round time and again, pretty much like the following threads,
Why are Toy Soldiers more expensive in the UK than the USA?
Did the Elefant and/or Tiger 1 see action in the Battle of the Bulge?
When is Richard going to do some more Del Prado sets?
Why are First Legion or K & C so expensive?

I am sure there are others you could add!

I think we will be lucky to see any new releases from Conte, maybe they will do an 88mm gun [sorry out of taste joke for those who collect Britains].

I'm optimistic! There's plenty of justification for pessimism of course but I'm ready to buy if it comes to pass. I'm particularly interested in the Viking sculpts I've seen on Facebook. I've got a nice little Britains army that I'm keen to add to. Previously I've fleshed out my Zulus/24th Foot with Britains, so if Conte sticks to proper 54mm scale that should work again.
The one thing to bear in mind is price. They'll surely be more expensive than in the past. Again, I don't mind - if he makes them, I will buy them!

Breathing or gases just escaping the corpse! For years Conte have been on the brink of new releases and we have seen nothing tangible. It is easy to produce pictures and put them on the website and deliver nothing or very little, just ask Britains. We collect and buy Toy Soldiers, not pictures, life is full of could, might and going too, but delivering is another matter.

Sorry to be harsh but this thread of Conte coming back come round time and again, pretty much like the following threads,
Why are Toy Soldiers more expensive in the UK than the USA?
Did the Elefant and/or Tiger 1 see action in the Battle of the Bulge?
When is Richard going to do some more Del Prado sets?
Why are First Legion or K & C so expensive?

I am sure there are others you could add!

I think we will be lucky to see any new releases from Conte, maybe they will do an 88mm gun [sorry out of taste joke for those who collect Britains].

This post needs to be bronzed; as a matter of fact, we should start a "Post of the year" thread, this one would get my vote, lock it down, end the contest, this one wins.

Outstanding work.

I guess I don't see the point of continually teasing collectors with pictures of things that "might" come out soon; look, either start up the company again, make little army guys for people to buy or ride off into the sunset and stop torturing people with all the things you're planning on doing, either do them or hit the bricks, it's really that simple.

You did leave out;
I'm not collecting toy soldiers anymore and here's the reason why

Again; nice work Walsingham..................;).............

thanks for sharing that...very informative...it answers lots of questions...lets be patient...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back