Critiquing or mocking a set you don't like? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, here's another potentially unintended victim who just brings his dios to us for our enjoyment. Why should Wayne suffer? ^&confuse :rolleyes2:

Brad

I know Wayne quite well...there are ten good reasons why he deserves to suffer!

Brad, you are a good friend and I very much appreciate this, as the member with most posts I guess this is partly aimed at me. Lots of people have asked me (I'm told one guy on another forum routinely insults me because of it) how can I have posted 22,000 posts, the answer is as simple as it is painful. For almost twenty years I've had a back injury following an accident at work, for many years I had spells of weeks at a time laid up at home just waiting and waiting for it to settle again. During these weeks the forum was not only an enjoyable hobby but a lifeline to friends and other collectors in the hobby, on these days and in various discussions I could rack up thirty or forty posts a day no problem, a lot I know, but it helped stopped me going insane!

Rob

Well Rob I always like your post mate and the great work you do with dispatches each month , for me it my only change to talk about the great hobby :)

For some reason, this scene from Woody Allen's Bananas comes to mind.

The End Of The Forum

If mocking sets and other collectors is no longer allowed, what's next? The end to long pointless circular arguments that go on ad naseum? That would leave the Forum with nothing to discuss but toy soldiers. Can a Forum like that survive? {eek3}

Terry

Capitolron is not the only one who can peer through the mists of time and see into the future. Of course Ron works in Washington so his predictions take years to happen, if ever. {sm4}

Terry

Well Rob I always like your post mate and the great work you do with dispatches each month , for me it my only change to talk about the great hobby :)

Thank you Neil, I appreciate that. That is the whole point of my Dispatches threads, to get folk talking, because thats when this forum is at its best, lots of different opinions and viewpoints, always has been.

Cheers Neil

Rob

I have not read all the posts. If I have missed this point well so be it. I am weighing in here. Critiquing does not have to be always negative. It should be fair and unbiased.Just capping on something is pointless. Those who are just doing it because they do not like a manufacturer well, it can be pretty obvious. Thick skins are a good thing to develop but constant badgering gets tiring and old. We are here for a common interest. Our toys! I said it they are toys.:p If you want a scale model go build one. I will share in the joy of your build. You guys know me I build and paint and have fun. That is what I am supposed to be doing. I am going to have fun. Speak with your wallets and share in the good fortune of a great hobby. Celebrate what we have in common. TOYS{sm3}{sm4}{sm3}{sm4}

Thank you Neil, I appreciate that. That is the whole point of my Dispatches threads, to get folk talking, because thats when this forum is at its best, lots of different opinions and viewpoints, always has been.

Cheers Neil

Rob

No problem mate . Think it been a great year for dispatches so far mate with the D-Day and the great warbirds , love the new Dora that much I'm going to get a second one it that good ^&cool

No problem mate . Think it been a great year for dispatches so far mate with the D-Day and the great warbirds , love the new Dora that much I'm going to get a second one it that good ^&cool

Neil, that will look good, two Dora's together, Wayne will have you doing fighter sweeps for him soon mate:wink2:

Rob

I have not read all the posts. If I have missed this point well so be it. I am weighing in here. Critiquing does not have to be always negative. It should be fair and unbiased.Just capping on something is pointless. Those who are just doing it because they do not like a manufacturer well, it can be pretty obvious. Thick skins are a good thing to develop but constant badgering gets tiring and old. We are here for a common interest. Our toys! I said it they are toys.:p If you want a scale model go build one. I will share in the joy of your build. You guys know me I build and paint and have fun. That is what I am supposed to be doing. I am going to have fun. Speak with your wallets and share in the good fortune of a great hobby. Celebrate what we have in common. TOYS{sm3}{sm4}{sm3}{sm4}

Well said Mike, I do love my 'TOYS" and enjoy this hobby as well as the forum, hopefully less badgering as you say will continue and we can all enjoy our toys...Sammy

Well it looks like the first casualty of these endless debates is Rob. He sent me a PM asking me to post that he is temporarily not allowed to post for a while. So he will not be able to respond to further argument.

No - it isn't Peter clamping down. It's much funnier than that. He exceeded the number of posts allowed in a 30 day period. Hard to believe (or not that hard to believe) but Rob has finally been silenced. Now I can post whatever I want and get the last word. :D

The Canadians got Wittmann.
Don't anyone let him know that Pete can probably reset the post counter for Rob. {sm4} Do not smile, first thing that ran through my mind!!^&grin

Terry

Great post. If anything was accomplished at all...cutting Rob off was tantamount to a miracle. No more pages of dispatches!!!!{sm4} Who loves ya Rob!!We can all find them on the Kings X site or under the dispatch link on the HK forum

A problem is that some people pointing out flaws (nah nah's) are usually attacked first by the loyalists (rah rah's) accusing them of being negative against K&C and it goes off from there. As far as the Typhoon goes I don't think anybody didn't like it quality wise but the overpricing of it was the main issue. Nobody can use the word RAMJAGER without getting censored and the color of the fuel browser usually generates a debate as well. The color of it was proven to be inaccurate for the time,still a great looking piece,but loyalist still defended it. I understand Andy reads the threads but he mainly replies to the negativity and in a less than constructive way. He comes off way too arrogant when he is wrong. I said before we as collectors don't have the experience of running a successful toy soldier company but that doesn't mean 1) we don't know what we want 2) we don't know when something is overpriced 3) we don't know what we are talking about as many members seem to know their history 4) we don't have some pretty darn good ideas for releases. Keith

This was the best post I have read on this thread. Thanks Keith. Oh...everyone I am not Keith.....however I would like to meet him.

My wife found fault this morning with my contribution to domestic duties.

I said 'fine, but you only have seven posts left for the day' and then laughed (I generally find myself very amusing). Mistake One.

I explained my joke. Mistake Two

Great post Jack. Me I am not going to tell my wife. Not my first rodeo...^&grin ......no extra housework for me!!!

What are you doing You have just squandered one of your limited posts on a single word. {eek3} What a waste.

I predict the limits will

1) Encourage much longer posts to make them worthwhile. No more posts that just say "nice dio"
2) cut down on photos from the toy soldier shows
3) Allow people near their posting limit get nasty and suffer a short suspension to match their overposting time out. Can't hang a man twice.
4) Dramatically reduce the activity on the Forum as several prolific posters carry a lot of thread dialogue.

Drat! I've run out of comments - the rest of my post is blank and wasted.

Terry

Great Terry I just love the humor!! In all of that you have made some good points. Just a few more for your lists.

There is a fairly new member that has posted a question on a Napoleonic figure by thread. It has thirty views I believe and no answer. He even added it to the ask Andy thread some other somewhat new guy posted. That answer ought be just around the corner.

Add this as Item 5). New collectors and new forum members not being answered by some of the most knowledgeable members and collectors in the business due to eight a day posts.

Item 6). Collections and dioramas not being posted due to the limits...only part or parcel.

Item 7). Sales lost as I personally think the presentation on the forum creates for quite a bit of buying.

Maybe not!! Anyway, hoped I used one of my posts to everyone's satisfaction!!!!!

Oh only one question: Can we sell posts like green coupons from the Refineries!!!??? If so, they will not be cheap!

Ludwig

Great post. If anything was accomplished at all...cutting Rob off was tantamount to a miracle. No more pages of dispatches!!!!{sm4} Who loves ya Rob!!We can all find them on the Kings X site or under the dispatch link on the HK forum

This was the best post I have read on this thread. Thanks Keith. Oh...everyone I am not Keith.....however I would like to meet him.

Great post Jack. Me I am not going to tell my wife. Not my first rodeo...^&grin ......no extra housework for me!!!

Great Terry I just love the humor!! In all of that you have made some good points. Just a few more for your lists.

There is a fairly new member that has posted a question on a Napoleonic figure by thread. It has thirty views I believe and no answer. He even added it to the ask Andy thread some other somewhat new guy posted. That answer ought be just around the corner.

Add this as Item 5). New collectors and new forum members not being answered by some of the most knowledgeable members and collectors in the business due to eight a day posts.

Item 6). Collections and dioramas not being posted due to the limits...only part or parcel.

Item 7). Sales lost as I personally think the presentation on the forum creates for quite a bit of buying.

Maybe not!! Anyway, hoped I used one of my posts to everyone's satisfaction!!!!!

Oh only one question: Can we sell posts like green coupons from the Refineries!!!??? If so, they will not be cheap!

Ludwig

No problem Ludwig, you don't have to like my Dispatches threads my friend, they are just a service so we can all look at them over here, but of course you can go to HK or Kings X.:smile2:

All the best

Rob

I know Wayne quite well...there are ten good reasons why he deserves to suffer!
Jack, I feel insulted! offended more to the point! that you can find only TEN good reasons, I thought I would have deserved more than only ten?.......:wink2:{sm3}
Wayne.

No problem Ludwig, you don't have to like my Dispatches threads my friend, they are just a service so we can all look at them over here, but of course you can go to HK or Kings X.:smile2:

All the best

Rob
Well I really like Rob posting dispatches on the forum as I find it a lot easier viewing when I'm at work and think he does a great job Every month {bravo}}

Well I really like Rob posting dispatches on the forum as I find it a lot easier viewing when I'm at work and think he does a great job Every month {bravo}}

Thank you kind Sir:salute::

He does indeed a great job; it helps to promote the hobby and K & C and get discussion going.

He also does a great at the Shows. If he now has to take into account how many photos he can post from the Shows, who suffers? We, you, me, the hobby, everybody.

I can only request and hope it doesn't fall on deaf ears that the policy be revoked.

A one Stuka post per quarter would be welcome. After that on 08.01.2012 implement a 12 year Stuka post moratorium. That should cut the number of post by half.

We may be able to exclude show reports from the count...we'll see as we go forward.

A one Stuka post per quarter would be welcome. After that on 08.01.2012 implement a 12 year Stuka post moratorium. That should cut the number of post by half.

Another unnecessary comment made here,probably by someone who doesn't even buy aircraft {eek3}

I have obviously missed something in regards to the new posting restrictions. What is the point behind restricting the number of posts a member can make in a given period? What will it accomplish except to bring some of Terry's points to the surface? I don't get it.^&confuse -- Al
Still curious about an answer to my question. Why the restriction? -- Al

He does indeed a great job; it helps to promote the hobby and K & C and get discussion going.

He also does a great at the Shows. If he now has to take into account how many photos he can post from the Shows, who suffers? We, you, me, the hobby, everybody.

I can only request and hope it doesn't fall on deaf ears that the policy be revoked.

We may be able to exclude show reports from the count...we'll see as we go forward.

If this could be done it would be great, if not I'll just have to take a leave of absence so I can post the pics from London, I appreciate how they are welcomed by those not at the show and I would feel pretty bad not posting them. Thanks to both you guys.

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back