CS00433 -- PzKfw IV Normandy (1 Viewer)

Many players seem to enjoy skirmish level games with 15–28mm figures. Rarely do you find anyone brave enough to place King & Country or the likes on a gaming table. There is a risk involved.

Those who do game with toy soldiers more often than not use abstract ranges where the ground scale doesn't match the size of the miniature. In Final Combat, the ground scale is 1:1. So, the weapons are always at point blank range with the possible exception of pistols and submachine guns. Those rules use 1 inch to represent a yard for 1:32 to 1:30 scale minis.

We are playing this afternoon, and I will try to post a short video displaying the new CS Pz IV. I am resorting to super glue for the side skirts. The braces will not stay on. But it still looks awesome!

The UK is simply miles ahead of the U.S. in terms of wargaming, period. However, many of my British friends who venture across the pond to HMGS conventions have enjoyed our games. David Marshall of TM Terrain is among them. :D

What is the risk? Is there danger of breakage and theft, or do other players throw stones at you 1/32 guys ;)

In the video I noticed there seemed to be a lot of misses, is that ratio the same for the smaller figures?

That video is really quite interesting. It looks like fun times with friends. Watch those Mills bombs! -- Al

That video is really quite interesting. It looks like fun times with friends. Watch those Mills bombs! -- Al

He must have edited out the cursing :mad:and fist fights :eek:as well as the player taking his figures and going home:p.:DMichael

He must have edited out the cursing :mad:and fist fights :eek:as well as the player taking his figures and going home:p.:DMichael
LOL. To paraphrase, "Gentlemen! You can't fight in here. This is a wargame!.". -- Al

Got my Normandy version. Great looking tank, that really ought have instructions included for it's assembly. With supports struts of varied angles and lengths, one has to guess the order they fit, for the side panels to sit proper. After consistently falling off, I too resorted to superglue to hold in place, which will seem to cause issues for a damaged track scenario..Also ,as to size, this beast is the same length as CS 1/30 scale Tiger, which should not be, since a Tiger is 4' longer in real life. I do not talk proper scale anymore, since it all seems reletive to who you talk to, but within a mfg. line, there ought be a relative proper size difference between models. Hence my issues with the over sized Stuart variant, and now this model. All the neat features being offered, do not overcome vehicles that do not look right together...Michael

Got my Normandy version. Great looking tank, that really ought have instructions included for it's assembly. With supports struts of varied angles and lengths, one has to guess the order they fit, for the side panels to sit proper. After consistently falling off, I too resorted to superglue to hold in place, which will seem to cause issues for a damaged track scenario..Also ,as to size, this beast is the same length as CS 1/30 scale Tiger, which should not be, since a Tiger is 4' longer in real life. I do not talk proper scale anymore, since it all seems reletive to who you talk to, but within a mfg. line, there ought be a relative proper size difference between models. Hence my issues with the over sized Stuart variant, and now this model. All the neat features being offered, do not overcome vehicles that do not look right together...Michael

Michael, thank you for your comments about the relative sizes and assembly issues, I won't be getting either of them now.

Its true, we found that the our Wittmann Tiger was still under scaled relative to the 1/30th world.

At that time, about 2.5 years ago there was still some debate as to whether or not the Tiger should be scaled down a bit to still fit into the smaller KC vehicle world. So it wound up being a " little bit of this " and a little bit of that. Big but still trying to be small enough to fit into a smaller AFV world. After the Tiger we just sort of " went for it " and started right scaling a firm 1/30th on all vehicles.

In regards to the struts: they are numbered! Each strut has an embossed number that corresponds to the holes in the schurzen.

"Ah alas the tortured life of a miniature maker: trying so hard to please all yet satisfaction is but an elusive dream":)

Anyhow hope you guys are enjoying the new model!

Best regards,

Brian

I'm just happy to know in this day and age that there are companies assembling (and painting) 95% of these vehicles for us - 15 years ago if you wanted a panzer tank you had to build it piece by piece yourself - from a kit.

Ah, then you'll just have to release the beast again! Only this time, to correct scale. I'll have to get a larger gaming board. ;) Jürgen
Here, here! I was unaware that the CS Tiger was under-scaled and I would appreciate a correct 1/30 if CS will issue another Tiger. I have always been puzzled by the current scale issues. All the "correct scale" Tigers still seemed undersize to me. When I study wartime photos I am always struck by how small the tankers appear to be in size to the Tigers (I or II). The men in the hatches are always dwarfed by the size of the hatches/covers and when outside the tanks, the size to size comparison is even more noticible. The current model releases all have the tankers overwhelming the hatch sizes. It seems to me the correct size "look" can only be achieved by putting 1/32 figures in the 1/30 tanks. I want a 1/30 Tiger to go with my 1/30 figures, please. Thanks for reading my rant. -- Al

Michael, I glued the struts to the skirting only. It is rock solid and goes on or off with ease.

To keep the integrity of the Set I used sticky dots to adhere the skirts rather than superglue. As for difficulty in afixing I found them to be very straight forward and, easy to complete. I think this is a great idea and much better than having them glued in place by the manufacturer
Mitch

Here, here! I was unaware that the CS Tiger was under-scaled and I would appreciate a correct 1/30 if CS will issue another Tiger. I have always been puzzled by the current scale issues. All the "correct scale" Tigers still seemed undersize to me. When I study wartime photos I am always struck by how small the tankers appear to be in size to the Tigers (I or II). The men in the hatches are always dwarfed by the size of the hatches/covers and when outside the tanks, the size to size comparison is even more noticible. The current model releases all have the tankers overwhelming the hatch sizes. It seems to me the correct size "look" can only be achieved by putting 1/32 figures in the 1/30 tanks. I want a 1/30 Tiger to go with my 1/30 figures, please. Thanks for reading my rant. -- Al

Not sure if you saw this comparison but part of the problem is oversize figures. If the tank is undersized then the problem is amplified.

http://www.treefrogtreasures.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22845

Users who are viewing this thread

Back