Diamond T Tank Transporter (1 Viewer)

Andy & Arnold,

One word/syllable sums your work up...WOW! I look forward to this K&C release & viewing Arnold’s work is beyond words!

Cheers & Thanks,
Marc

Thankyou Marc...You won.t have too long to wait...last quarter of April!
All the best,
Andy.

This new set will make from some great recovery scenes.
Hi Duke,
I meant to say, love your Recovery shot. Your images are always so vivid. Looking forward to seeing what you might do with this new piece (if you end up purchasing).

Thanks RobJ. Looking forward to the release of the desert version myself as I have an extensive collection of KC Eight Army. Got the Figarti's E8 Sherman's and early Stuarts too. Need to start filling up the coffers as I read somewhere in this thread that the set cost is $498...almost a thousand dollars for the 2 versions. Its worth the wait! Attached is front cover of Signal Publication M19-20 in Action...it is tempting to work on those winshield to flip open.

You're most welcome Noli; have to give credit when credit is do. It's also nice of you to take time to respond.
It is a lot of money; would be nice to see the set offered in two separate pieces. Thanks for sharing that great image from Signal Publication. I see what you mean about the windshield; would be very cool! Look forward to seeing images of your British 8th down the road! :salute::

This is a great vehicle set, I asked UK stockists what the cost will be and it is £470, which is $613. Great set as I have said, but at this price it is out of my range, especially when you consider what else I could get for the same money, 12 or more T Gunn Romans [dealers gives a discount on buying multiples] or 8 to 10 J Jenkins Aztecs.

This is not me 'having a go at K & C' because prices are set, but just a statement about the multiple choices many of us have. It is a great time to collect and collectors have an excellent choice out there.

The cost of this set is very similar to the FL KT so IMO cost is reasonable for what you are getting and will be a highlight in any collection.

I'm looking forward to what else is released and will also get the Desert version of the Diamond T

Certainly fills a gap as a lack of transport vehicles

Mark

The cost of this set is very similar to the FL KT so IMO cost is reasonable for what you are getting and will be a highlight in any collection.

I'm looking forward to what else is released and will also get the Desert version of the Diamond T

Certainly fills a gap as a lack of transport vehicles

Mark

Many thanks Mark!

While I totally understand our friend Peiper's point of view it surely depends on what priorities you wish to select from...For a WW2 enthusiast (and I include myself in that number) the opportunity to obtain one of the most unique (and largest) military vehicles ever produced might rank higher than multiples of Aztecs, Romans or indeed anything else come to that.

It just depends on what 'floats your boat' at any given time.

None of us has pockets deep enough to buy all our toys...all at the same time.
Best wishes to one and all,
Andy.

Many thanks Mark!

While I totally understand our friend Peiper's point of view it surely depends on what priorities you wish to select from...For a WW2 enthusiast (and I include myself in that number) the opportunity to obtain one of the most unique (and largest) military vehicles ever produced might rank higher than multiples of Aztecs, Romans or indeed anything else come to that.

It just depends on what 'floats your boat' at any given time.

None of us has pockets deep enough to buy all our toys...all at the same time.
Best wishes to one and all,
Andy.

Hi Andy

I want to highlight this was not being critical about the price, my main collection is K & C, I collect most of the WW2 ranges [except Far East and Russians] I have all the RAF, Luftwaffe [new ME109 is a delight], BotB, DD Brits EA sets and many many WW2 Germans, I have around 70% of the DD Americans but it is kind of not my 'tier 1' ranges I collect, if there s a choice when at the London show or in a dealer there are others I go for, depending on price, as with all of us we are restricted through budget. If there was a BotB version [I know it will be possible to use the current one as a BotB type] I would be pulled into the sets direction. There is a great set of pictures with this trailer towing away a King Tiger and that is what I would want to represent in one of my BotB dioramas. ironically I will be at the Chicago show for the first time in Sept 19 and the US price does work out as significantly cheaper for me to buy and bring back, but I know I am going to like a 'kid in multiple toy shops' and when I get there my budget could be spent on something I had not expected, such as ai am looking for some Build-arama dio sets.

To sound like a stuck record this is not critical, just a point of view, which is what the forum is about.

Andy will we be seeing the Bergepanther in a winter version? Do the Famo and trailer and I will in the first few to send my credit card details.

Finally thanks for being a manufacturer who take his time to be fully involved in the TFrog Forum and answering as many threads as possible. We have spoke many times at the London show and you always take time to explain the situation regarding releases, listening to the conversations you had with groups of collectors you would be very wealthy if you go £10 for every time you heard someone ask " Andy I want you to make........." or "Andy Why do you not make..........."

I will be listening out for you on Radio 4 Desert Island Disk [sorry to all my Tfrogger cousin outside the UK who do not understand this comment].

Been looking for a captured one by Germans look good in Grey lol
The search continues

Been looking for a captured one by Germans look good in Grey lol
The search continues

Are there records of one being captured, got me interested in looking at it, I have read Hitler's Panzer Heist and a number of books that have chapters on the use of Allied captured vehicles, the Jeep and the Dingo scout car were particularly popular, the Universal [Bren Gun] carrier gets some glowing reviews from frontline troops as well for there use in Russia. I have all the Concord Publications, Pen & Sword Images of War and Panzer Colours, added with my other WW2 reference texts there are around 300, all on 4 'Ikea Billy Bookcases'. French vehicles and conversions of are, of course, the most used, but one think that always amazes me is the Germans manufacturing of niche and short run vehicles using captured chassis and guns.

What about a British WW2 tank Transporter, Scammell Pioneer. But I think what would make Tfroggers heads explode is a conversion of the K & C Dragon Wagon in a new version with a trailer........ I saw one in a Museum while in Normandy and it was incredible.

Hi Andy

I want to highlight this was not being critical about the price, my main collection is K & C, I collect most of the WW2 ranges [except Far East and Russians] I have all the RAF, Luftwaffe [new ME109 is a delight], BotB, DD Brits EA sets and many many WW2 Germans, I have around 70% of the DD Americans but it is kind of not my 'tier 1' ranges I collect, if there s a choice when at the London show or in a dealer there are others I go for, depending on price, as with all of us we are restricted through budget. If there was a BotB version [I know it will be possible to use the current one as a BotB type] I would be pulled into the sets direction. There is a great set of pictures with this trailer towing away a King Tiger and that is what I would want to represent in one of my BotB dioramas. ironically I will be at the Chicago show for the first time in Sept 19 and the US price does work out as significantly cheaper for me to buy and bring back, but I know I am going to like a 'kid in multiple toy shops' and when I get there my budget could be spent on something I had not expected, such as ai am looking for some Build-arama dio sets.

To sound like a stuck record this is not critical, just a point of view, which is what the forum is about.

Andy will we be seeing the Bergepanther in a winter version? Do the Famo and trailer and I will in the first few to send my credit card details.

Finally thanks for being a manufacturer who take his time to be fully involved in the TFrog Forum and answering as many threads as possible. We have spoke many times at the London show and you always take time to explain the situation regarding releases, listening to the conversations you had with groups of collectors you would be very wealthy if you go £10 for every time you heard someone ask " Andy I want you to make........." or "Andy Why do you not make..........."

I will be listening out for you on Radio 4 Desert Island Disk [sorry to all my Tfrogger cousin outside the UK who do not understand this comment].

Hi again!
Believe me I did not take your comment as being critical in the slightest...And I appreciate all feedback from all collectors ...That's one of the great benefits of this and other forums.

Now, I may not agree with everything everyone says but I do enjoy the banter and the back and forth that goes on between collector and producer.

Whenever possible I try and let Collectors know if and when new items may appear but I try not to give too much away as priorities and production schedules frequently get adapted and altered PLUS there's no need to give any of the opposition a front row seat on what we're planning or working on!!!

So, forgive me for not answering every question here and now but suffice to say we've still got a few surprises 'up our sleeve'.

In the meantime, all the best and, of course, happy collecting!
Andy.

Are there records of one being captured, got me interested in looking at it, I have read Hitler's Panzer Heist and a number of books that have chapters on the use of Allied captured vehicles, the Jeep and the Dingo scout car were particularly popular, the Universal [Bren Gun] carrier gets some glowing reviews from frontline troops as well for there use in Russia. I have all the Concord Publications, Pen & Sword Images of War and Panzer Colours, added with my other WW2 reference texts there are around 300, all on 4 'Ikea Billy Bookcases'. French vehicles and conversions of are, of course, the most used, but one think that always amazes me is the Germans manufacturing of niche and short run vehicles using captured chassis and guns.

What about a British WW2 tank Transporter, Scammell Pioneer. But I think what would make Tfroggers heads explode is a conversion of the K & C Dragon Wagon in a new version with a trailer........ I saw one in a Museum while in Normandy and it was incredible.

Will bring a bottle of Drambuie over and help with the search mate your library sounds larger than mine.

Will bring a bottle of Drambuie over and help with the search mate your library sounds larger than mine.

It is a large collection and my ex-wife used to say I harvest books, she did also once say it was either her or the books and I do miss her sometimes.........
The Battle of the Bulge [192 books] and D-Day [223 books] are my main WW2 theatres of interest, with a further 300 [which I mentioned previously] on vehicles, tanks, units, etc. Not to mention the 60ish books I have on Roman and particularly Roman Britain including Hadrian's wall. Plus the hundred or so on the Napoleonic Wars. Push into that the hundreds of fiction texts I have, historical fiction and military/spy thrillers I will be busy next year when I move 350 miles from my place in the South of England to a house where I can either see Hadrian's wall from my window or I can walk there in under 20 minutes. Put together with my Toy solder collection there will 5 transit vans trips needed just to move my books and T Soldiers. I will however have a huge space to display and surround myself with books and my collection.

No alcohol as I gave up the booze 10 years ago, just the odd beer, but Tea by the pint........

It is a large collection and my ex-wife used to say I harvest books, she did also once say it was either her or the books and I do miss her sometimes.........
The Battle of the Bulge [192 books] and D-Day [223 books] are my main WW2 theatres of interest, with a further 300 [which I mentioned previously] on vehicles, tanks, units, etc. Not to mention the 60ish books I have on Roman and particularly Roman Britain including Hadrian's wall. Plus the hundred or so on the Napoleonic Wars. Push into that the hundreds of fiction texts I have, historical fiction and military/spy thrillers I will be busy next year when I move 350 miles from my place in the South of England to a house where I can either see Hadrian's wall from my window or I can walk there in under 20 minutes. Put together with my Toy solder collection there will 5 transit vans trips needed just to move my books and T Soldiers. I will however have a huge space to display and surround myself with books and my collection.

No alcohol as I gave up the booze 10 years ago, just the odd beer, but Tea by the pint........

Not captured but looks awesome

Andy mate,
I have advised young Wayne that I still have three sets of DD088 G.I. Tank Crew in stock.

Cheers Howard

These vehicles open a multitude of possibilities for associated figures, including new sets,
US Crew - summer
US Crew - Winter - as above but painted differently [slight]
US Crew Desert
All the above could be similar poses and just painted appropriately?
British version of the set,
Crew - summer
Crew desert - would poses from the EA range work such as EA112 and the RAF set 50 work if they were painted differently?

These vehicles open a multitude of possibilities for associated figures, including new sets,
US Crew - summer
US Crew - Winter - as above but painted differently [slight]
US Crew Desert
All the above could be similar poses and just painted appropriately?
British version of the set,
Crew - summer
Crew desert - would poses from the EA range work such as EA112 and the RAF set 50 work if they were painted differently?

Lots of terrific suggestions including some I've considered myself...Here's the problem...The majority of collectors only have a finite amount of dosh, as you yourself noted earlier, and most collectors pick and choose what and when they will buy certain items.

Here's one little true story from a few years back...One particular U.S. Collector was always onto K&C to produce a 'Long Range Desert Group' Chevrolet truck. He would send me faxes (before emails), corner me at shows, visit the K&C rooms in Chicago and The Westcoaster always saying,"When K&C decide to make that LRDG Truck...I'll be your first customer!"

Well, about 12 months later we did indeed produce the much requested item and brought a special sample for this particular collector to one of The Westcoaster Shows where I was very happy to see the same collector come into our room..."Well, my friend here is your LRDG Truck", I proudly pointed out the model on a very nice 'Desert' Diorama built by Gordon.

There followed a slightly embarrassing pause before the collector said," Ah Yes...very nice but I no longer collect LRDG vehicles or the 'Desert' series...I've just started collecting Russian made Medieval Knights!"

It's definitely a truism and worth repeating...No matter what you produce, when you release it, you won't please or satisfy everyone or be able to provide all the 'extras' everyone wants.
However, we'll do our best...
Cheers!
Andy.

Well, about 12 months later we did indeed produce the much requested item and brought a special sample for this particular collector to one of The Westcoaster Shows where I was very happy to see the same collector come into our room..."Well, my friend here is your LRDG Truck", I proudly pointed out the model on a very nice 'Desert' Diorama built by Gordon.
There followed a slightly embarrassing pause before the collector said," Ah Yes...very nice but I no longer collect LRDG vehicles or the 'Desert' series...I've just started collecting Russian made Medieval Knights!"
Hi Andy,

If it's any consolation; I missed out on your first version but am very appreciative that you offered one again. THANK YOU!
I am curious; how did you respond after he told you that he no longer collects LRDG/desert series?

attachment.php

Users who are viewing this thread

Back