Dispatches are up!! (3 Viewers)

You could be on to something there...perhaps there could be a picture of Rob holding a huge pile of valuable K&C models and the more the ladies shake the phone, the more he drops. What do you think? Maybe that way they will 'feel' like they are attacking the hobby, without having to do it for real???

^&grin

So Chris, all the RAF pieces on the way to you yet???:smile2:

I think I'm going to have to invest in another Nissen Hut, there's no way all the Pilots and WAAFs will fit in one!

Rob

^&grin

So Chris, all the RAF pieces on the way to you yet???:smile2:

I think I'm going to have to invest in another Nissen Hut, there's no way all the Pilots and WAAFs will fit in one!

Rob

Rob,

Haha, not quite, I just have to click the BUY button...but I am settling down tonight to watch 'Battle of Britain' as per your suggestion (good think it's quiet at work tonight ^&grin).

The Tilly's seem rather hard to come by now and I have a chance to get both the RAF and Normandy version for $99 a piece, no shipping charges. Thing is, I do have limited funds so I really can only get one, and I tend to only have one of each type of vehicle in my collection anyway.

So here is my dilemma. RAF or Normandy? RAF version would of course go with my future and soon-to-be 1940 RAF diorama, easy enough. But the Normandy version, it is an army truck I believe so would it be better placed with my 'British in the Bocage' diorama (although the blurb for th truck mentions it was mainly an HQ behind-the-lines vehicle, or with the Typhoon which I will be getting. That presents another issue, would an army behind-the-lines truck be kicking around a Normandy airfield with a Typhoon???

You maybe getting the impression I am a bit of a perfectionist and like everything to be proper and historically accurate!

Chris

Chris, well from films and DVDs I've seen they seemed to be everywhere and I don't think it would look out of place at all on an airfield, but not as you say front line. We recently went to Hughenden manor where bombing maps of Germany were made and sent to airfields , in the museum there were photos featuring Tillys delivering the maps to bomber stations.

If it were a choice for me I'd definitely go for the RAF version. The Mickey mouse camo is really very nice, but there is something that little bit special about that RAF Blue.

Enjoy the Film!

Rob

Chris, well from films and DVDs I've seen they seemed to be everywhere and I don't think it would look out of place at all on an airfield, but not as you say front line. We recently went to Hughenden manor where bombing maps of Germany were made and sent to airfields , in the museum there were photos featuring Tillys delivering the maps to bomber stations.

If it were a choice for me I'd definitely go for the RAF version. The Mickey mouse camo is really very nice, but there is something that little bit special about that RAF Blue.

Enjoy the Film!

Rob

Rob,

That was the way I was heading too, it can be my first purhase in the world of K&C RAF! I will start the film and I'm sure by the end I will be $99 down {sm4}

Perhaps I will do the RAF Tilly for 1940 and the Mickey Mouse Bowser for 1944.

As always, your wise words are much appreciated Rob. You are the Wikipedia of K&C, just without all of the "citations need confirming" of the original!!!

Cheers,

Chris

Me , wise? Somewhere my wife is rolling around laughing!^&grin

Actually whichever you get you can't lose Chris, they are all just excellent.

Rob

QUOTE=chrisharrison;398696]Rob,

That was the way I was heading too, it can be my first purhase in the world of K&C RAF! I will start the film and I'm sure by the end I will be $99 down {sm4}

Perhaps I will do the RAF Tilly for 1940 and the Mickey Mouse Bowser for 1944.

As always, your wise words are much appreciated Rob. You are the Wikipedia of K&C, just without all of the "citations need confirming" of the original!!!

Cheers,

Chris[/QUOTE]

Rob,

Haha, not quite, I just have to click the BUY button...but I am settling down tonight to watch 'Battle of Britain' as per your suggestion (good think it's quiet at work tonight ^&grin).

The Tilly's seem rather hard to come by now and I have a chance to get both the RAF and Normandy version for $99 a piece, no shipping charges. Thing is, I do have limited funds so I really can only get one, and I tend to only have one of each type of vehicle in my collection anyway.

So here is my dilemma. RAF or Normandy? RAF version would of course go with my future and soon-to-be 1940 RAF diorama, easy enough. But the Normandy version, it is an army truck I believe so would it be better placed with my 'British in the Bocage' diorama (although the blurb for th truck mentions it was mainly an HQ behind-the-lines vehicle, or with the Typhoon which I will be getting. That presents another issue, would an army behind-the-lines truck be kicking around a Normandy airfield with a Typhoon???

You maybe getting the impression I am a bit of a perfectionist and like everything to be proper and historically accurate!

Chris
I've gone for the Mickey Mouse Tilly & will us it to bring the crew to the planes^&cool

I've gone for the Mickey Mouse Tilly & will us it to bring the crew to the planes^&cool

Nice idea, I would love to have both Tillys and have both Bowsers but there are so many things I want and my collection is relatively new that I can't afford it. Plus so much of the British D-Day stuff is retired, it is costing me more than if I had collected it a few years ago.

I guess thats the fun of making the dioramas, even if a vehicle wouldn't 'normally' be in that situation, a great little story can be weaved in order to justify it!

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Back