Dispatches are up!! (1 Viewer)

Well, as so many others have said, the Typhoon is stunning. I haven't missed any RAF planes yet, and I will scrounge up the money for this one somehow. Already ordered a Bowser long ago!

How cool is that!!! Nice one K&C!

RAF030.jpg

Rob

Any knowledge of the price for this Typhoon ? If I were to guess I would place it in the $289.00 range ??? Again awesome plane !!!

if one of those rockets accidently discharges that guy on the wing will be singing supprano!!!!
We all knew how good the typhoon would look but, i just said yesterday the fig heinkel was the best to date but, its just been pipped at the top
Mitch

I hate saying any of K&C's aircraft are better than the Spit...but this may just be. I really like the shade of Green they've captured here and the whole paint job looks top notch, there is something about those D Day stripes that are very evocative. The ground crew are also very well done and set the scene up superbly. For me this whole scene is K&C firing on all cylinders, great stuff.

Rob

Yes, This Typhoon is A beautifully done aircraft.This is a "MUST HAVE" which would make it my first RAF aircraft, But what a grand first it will be !

Will also be my first RAF Polystone, I hope.....

This Typhoon is spot on and looks great in the D Day stripes, I think this is going to be my purchase of the year^&cool

Rob

Think your right Rob & looking forward to seeing how Andy expand the range in the future^&cool

Last edited by a moderator:
The Tiffie looks so good that I am actually considering purchasing it (even though it's not red with 2 or 3 wings). Really think KC nailed this one. Must be a relatively large aircraft, like the P-47. It is an iconic D-Day/Normandy piece. Any guess as to price? --Al

Guys, along with the fuel bowser, how cool will the Mickey mouse Tilly look with the Typhoon too!

Rob

I think this Typhoon is the best polystone plane I have seen to date. ^&cool^&cool I will probably get the ground crew to service my two K&C wood Tiffies, and already pre-ordered one of the Blue and Yellow fuel bowsers.

Guys, along with the fuel bowser, how cool will the Mickey mouse Tilly look with the Typhoon too!

Rob

I agree Rob! I am just thinking about starting the RAF range and this has made my mind up for me. Personally I am not one for fuel trucks/utility vehicles in my dioramas, I prefer the AFV's...but there is not way that I could have the Typhoon sat there without the Mickey Mouse fuel bowser and Tilly as you suggested!

I agree Rob! I am just thinking about starting the RAF range and this has made my mind up for me. Personally I am not one for fuel trucks/utility vehicles in my dioramas, I prefer the AFV's...but there is not way that I could have the Typhoon sat there without the Mickey Mouse fuel bowser and Tilly as you suggested!

Hey Chris, I can't recommend the RAF range enough, it really is excellent and one of my very favourite that K&C produce. I think all these new items will go superbly together and you can add some figures from the RAF range too.

Cheers

Rob

Hey Chris, I can't recommend the RAF range enough, it really is excellent and one of my very favourite that K&C produce. I think all these new items will go superbly together and you can add some figures from the RAF range too.

Cheers

Rob

Rob,

I have wanted to collect RAF for a while but I thought I had been good and managed to limit my range down to WWII Normandy and D-Day...but now!!! I know this plane still fits into that timeframe and theatre but if I get it, then I will surely have to get the other RAF stuff that is from 1940. But I guess that is what this hobby is all about! Maybe I can make the exception for this relatively small range of figures/planes...

Chris

Rob,

I have wanted to collect RAF for a while but I thought I had been good and managed to limit my range down to WWII Normandy and D-Day...but now!!! I know this plane still fits into that timeframe and theatre but if I get it, then I will surely have to get the other RAF stuff that is from 1940. But I guess that is what this hobby is all about! Maybe I can make the exception for this relatively small range of figures/planes...

Chris

You won't regret it Chris. The 1940 RAF releases are so good and so evocative of the Battle of Britain Victory and it makes the range very addictive! . I'm really glad I got all three Tillys now.

Rob

You won't regret it Chris. The 1940 RAF releases are so good and so evocative of the Battle of Britain Victory and it makes the range very addictive! . I'm really glad I got all three Tillys now.

Rob

Rob,

I think that is the clincher for me, the importance of the battle in world history and it's Britishness (forgive the word), your use of the word 'evocative' is perfect, the figures conjour up strong feelings for that summer of 1940.

I have just started hunting the net for the Normandy Tilly and it seems pretty hard to find (I am aware only 250 were made), but I did find a new one for $99 which seems a bargain...think I am going to have to buy it today!

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Back