Dispatches are up! (1 Viewer)

The tank depicted by K&C is of an actual tank used by the Russians to lead the attack in Operation Uranus which was the encirclement of the Germans at Stalingrad.

Uranus predated that turret by a bit. Are you sure the Russians use a hybrid in the capture of the Kalach bridge?

It's always an exciting time of year when K & C's Bulge releases come up. I'm planning on getting most if not all of the tank riders. BBG077 & BBG079 look great as well. I really like the whitewash & weathering on the Panzer IV and the cap the commander is wearing, but I haven't bought any AFV's in awhile.....will wait to see in person.
I'll definitely pick up several of the classic Germans. I really like WS233, 237, 238, & 240. A few of the new Germans appear to have some odd-looking facial sculpts though. From the snow to the sand......the MK106 mounted Teutonic Knight really caught my eye. With his chin down toward his chest as the knight peers out of his eye slits and rests his axe on his shoulder...a fantastic design and sculpt with a lot of presence. My favorite dispatch in some time. I'm looking forward to the forthcoming BBA releases too.

Joe

It's always an exciting time of year when K & C's Bulge releases come up. I'm planning on getting most if not all of the tank riders. BBG077 & BBG079 look great as well. I really like the whitewash & weathering on the Panzer IV and the cap the commander is wearing, but I haven't bought any AFV's in awhile.....will wait to see in person.
I'll definitely pick up several of the classic Germans. I really like WS233, 237, 238, & 240. A few of the new Germans appear to have some odd-looking facial sculpts though. From the snow to the sand......the MK106 mounted Teutonic Knight really caught my eye. With his chin down toward his chest as the knight peers out of his eye slits and rests his axe on his shoulder...a fantastic design and sculpt with a lot of presence. My favorite dispatch in some time. I'm looking forward to the forthcoming BBA releases too.

Joe

Yes Indeed ! Sure is a great time to be a WWII European Theater collector isn't it ! I am impressed by all of these new releases. {bravo}}

Time to spend money on the knights. These are going to add lots of color. Incidentally, more than half of the MK series is already retired. Glad I started early.

Rgdd,Chtis

Those Crusaders are fantastic! I'll be getting three or four of those. It's a relief that no retirements worry me.

Time to spend money on the knights. These are going to add lots of color. Incidentally, more than half of the MK series is already retired. Glad I started early.

Rgdd,Chtis

the MK106 mounted Teutonic Knight really caught my eye. With his chin down toward his chest as the knight peers out of his eye slits and rests his axe on his shoulder...a fantastic design and sculpt with a lot of presence. My favorite dispatch in some time. I'm looking forward to the forthcoming BBA releases too.

Joe

Agreed...very nice...very, very, very nice...5 mounted at one time is a bit pricey...but I'm in for all 5...great addition to the MK's...I hope the Saracens will get some more mounted to even the score up...

Andy. Thank You for the new early Germans. Love the poses. They have early Stalingrad written all over them. Beautiful....... And the winter Germans as well. Outstanding...

Andy. Thank You for the new early Germans. Love the poses. They have early Stalingrad written all over them. Beautiful....... And the winter Germans as well. Outstanding...

Agreed, These are some welcome releases to many ! :salute::

Dealers just been sent a message by K&C indicating new image now up on BBG65 Pzr IV and the T34 variant no longer showing.

Agreed...very nice...very, very, very nice...5 mounted at one time is a bit pricey...but I'm in for all 5...great addition to the MK's...I hope the Saracens will get some more mounted to even the score up...

Me too! And the X-MAS figure. October will be a direct road to bankruptcy :salute:: So if the next figures could be footmen, i would clap my small hands! :wink2:

Guys, just wanted to say thanks very much for all your posts here, it's really interesting to hear your thoughts, likes, dislikes etc. I keep hearing moans about this thread each month but from pm's I'm getting it seems many of you still enjoy them, as witnessed by this thread. Thanks again:salute::

Rob

Michael...

You seem to be heavily slanted and biased towards K&C if that is your way fine. It is easy for you to critically evaluate what CS bring out and what you dislike about their sets and complain every release about the expected scale etc yet, when people evaluate K&C you seem to take umbrage and always come in with some comment or other that usually is derogatory as you have here.

Perhaps you should re-evaluate how you respond to people in the K&C section because you don't get such childish names thrown at you elsewhere on this forum when you critique other manufactures sets. Nice to see the mods allowing certain people to be name called.
Mitch

Mitch, I like you most times, but have you ever had a happy thought in your life. You can become such a negative nellie at times..:( Michael

Guys,

Please lets keep this on track. We all have our position on things, some like, some don't and some are undecided. Lets keep it civil because I am really enjoying all views and would not like to see this descend into another row with deleted posts. Your co operation would be as much appreciated as your views are. :salute::

Roberto.

Michael...

You seem to be heavily slanted and biased towards K&C if that is your way fine. It is easy for you to critically evaluate what CS bring out and what you dislike about their sets and complain every release about the expected scale etc yet, when people evaluate K&C you seem to take umbrage and always come in with some comment or other that usually is derogatory as you have here.

Perhaps you should re-evaluate how you respond to people in the K&C section because you don't get such childish names thrown at you elsewhere on this forum when you critique other manufactures sets. Nice to see the mods allowing certain people to be name called.
Mitch

Mitch, hardly a big dig at you. OBTW, I own 10 K/C, 8 CS, 3 Figarti tanks, which allows me to comment anywhere I want about any mfg. I want, but you will not find my postings more negative about anyone or any mfg. I do not buy certain mfg. and you will not find me there, raining on any other collector's parade. Scale and size facts are right or wrong, no in between. Since you outpost most anyone in actual numbers, you can hardly say that you are singled out. The mods saw my comment for what it was, harmless nudge, no more or less. Most of the mfg's have been sculpting, painting, styling the same way for a long time. Any collector of that mfg. knows that, accepts that and that is why he buys that mfg. Michael

Last edited:
what you seem to be saying is that your only and I will use your term a ''negative nelly'' if you critique K&C for poor sculpt definition and the need to over use black lines to make detail seem there but, if you discuss scale etc that is perfectly acceptable as its a black and white concrete issue. Not sure I agree but, thanks for clearing that up.

Back on subject I don't think K&C is painting, sculpting like they have. IMO in recent years/ months a number of releases have fell below what they were a few years back and, the batch of releases this month is one of the few times I have seen this affect German releases. The recent Russians in terms of uniforms and weapons were poor and the Eighth army also.

Usually where a batch of releases come through from one range I would pick them up but, I am having to look at each figure and decide which is appealing in terms of what I want because of this. Facially I have nearly always thought K&C were good but, some of the recent faces are poor and, these Germans mirror that.
Mitch

QUOTE=maddadicus;603623]Mitch, hardly a big dig at you. OBTW, I own 10 K/C, 8 CS, 3 Figarti tanks, which allows me to comment anywhere I want about any mfg. I want, but you will not find my postings more negative about anyone or any mfg. I do not buy certain mfg. and you will not find me there, raining on any other collector's parade. Scale and size facts are right or wrong, no in between. Since you outpost most anyone in actual numbers, you can hardly say that you are singled out. The mods saw my comment for what it was, harmless nudge, no more or less. Most of the mfg's have been sculpting, painting, styling the same way for a long time. Any collector of that mfg. knows that, accepts that and that is why he buys that mfg. Michael[/QUOTE]

I really like all of the new releases and I cant wait to add these Crusaders to my collection.

At least everyone by himself has to decide what he likes and what he does not like. if someone doesn't like the way of sculpting and/or painting and won't buy these figures its ok and so is if you like the figures. Its a thing of personal feeling like so much in life.

The teutonic knight is nice,but the other knights are too shining in my opinion, they look more "Renaissance" than crusaders in colours....

I really like all of the new releases and I cant wait to add these Crusaders to my collection.

At least everyone by himself has to decide what he likes and what he does not like. if someone doesn't like the way of sculpting and/or painting and won't buy these figures its ok and so is if you like the figures. Its a thing of personal feeling like so much in life.

Quite right. You buy what you like and enjoy it, this is what the hobby is about . I don't consult anyone before I buy because its about what I want in my collection. It matters not what anyone here says Its our cash and we spend as we will. If someone says I don't like that I'm not buying it then I can respect that, but it does not affect my decisions.

Rob

Last edited:
Quite right. You buy what you like and enjoy it, this is what the hobby is about . I don't consult anyone before I buy because its about what I want in my collection. It matters not what anyone here says Its our cash and we spend as we will. If someone says I don't like that I'm not buying it then I can respect that, but it does not affect my decisions.

Rob

I have on some occasions consulted other forum members about a new release because I am not sure about some feature and they in turn have asked me questions too. Only last week I asked my supplier about a gun that I would only purchase if the arms were not frozen open as I wanted to be able to put it in a towing mode. So the forum is invaluable to give you confidence in making the correct decision as these releases are not cheap. Robin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back