does mixing the K&C figures with CS figures Look good (1 Viewer)

Ironcross

Private
as I am just getting into this Hobby I would like to know does the K&C figures go with the Collectors showcase figures ?? I am thinking of starting with the LAH blood flag bearer and the LAH truppeters from showcase and also getting some K&C LAH

Its going to be down to individual taste some will say they mix fine some, like myself, like to keep them separate. I think CS are excellent LAH figures (I mean the true Leibstandarte in their parade dress) and, IMO are better than any other portrayal of these troops.

My only fault id Brian won't make something as popular an open ended series which, is annoying when one wants to collect large numbers and the range is only 300!!

I posted a series of comparison pics on here a while back showing the differences between similar poses of CS K&C etc I will dig the links out. as a quick guide I would say in terms of troops the CS are leaner in stature than K&C and the painting is done in CS style which, for me, is more gritty.

My own taste means that I keep my manufacturers LAH offerings separate but, that is just me a few have shown very nice LAH displays where multiple manufacturers mix well.
Mitch

Iron Cross:

(Great name by the way).

One of the best ways to see if one company mixes with another is to simply set them up and see. Your eyes are usually pretty honest about it.

Best,
Jason

The newer figures tend to mix fine. I've got both Germans at Rest sets and the Wittman Crew set displayed together with KC figures and they look very good together.

The Naps cavalry figs go very well togther size wise. KC colors are a bit brighter. Chris

If it's WW II, in my opinion, no. The facial style of CS is different, harder in appearance.

Some K & C figures blend well with TCS imo, for example Waffen SS. I'm not sure about LAH as I no longer collect that range, best way is to check them out for yourself as some members have photos of mixed TCS and K & C LAH on the forum.

Depends on which figures in my experience. The CS Helferin female figures (i have 2) blend in fine with K&C. Not so sure about the SS soldiers as they are quite different in style. This thread, in the General Matte discussion section, has comparison photos:

'Are K&C Berlin Civilians and CS Berlin Civilians compatible?' (its on page 2)

Agree with PA. For me no issues. I figure at the end of the day. There is no right or wrong. Whatever you like. That is the main thing. (Enjoying the hobby :) ) Brad

Mixing the two works for me. From this shot, one could surmise the CS figure is better proportioned. The K&C guy looks like he has a big head...LOL. But I love them both.

KingampCountryvsCS005_zps789e0bbc.jpg

Last edited:
I was just at Sierra in Los Gatos and got a look at more of the CS figures. As far as mixing them successfully, I think it may depend on how you use them and how you set them up.

I was just at Sierra in Los Gatos and got a look at more of the CS figures. As far as mixing them successfully, I think it may depend on how you use them and how you set them up.
Yes I think you are right there Panzer ace !

Mixing the two works for me. From this shot, one could surmise the CS figure is better proportioned. The K&C guy looks like he has a big head...LOL. But I love them both.

KingampCountryvsCS005_zps789e0bbc.jpg

Interesting comparison photo. The K&C figure is bulkier and the head, hands and feet look a bit big to me and the CS figure head and feet look small. Probably these parts would look OK if the figures were separate, but together I think it draws attention to the sizes, large and small of the heads, hands and feet.

Terry

I would say that you can mix them, but, don' t put them very near to each other;even a few centimeters distance will be enough to make them homogeneous.:cool:

CIMG9724 (800x600).jpg

Let us judge not as not all men have soft looking faces

In my opinion, some of the WW II figures still have the look from the Raiders of the Lost Ark movie. This doesn't apply the Civil War figures as I've seen some there that I like.

To me......If you mix both brand figures and "YOU" like the way they look........Who cares what anyone else thinks. If it looks good to you so be it :wink2:

To me......If you mix both brand figures and "YOU" like the way they look........Who cares what anyone else thinks. If it looks good to you so be it :wink2:

I agree with the first part of PanzerAce's statement, but I find people's commentary on what they like together very helpful. It seems there are three broad categories for mixing:

1. I rarely/never mix
  2. I mix particular combinations
  3. I mix everything to make the scene I want

I fall into the middle category. There are certain brands I mix together, but others I don't. The forum allows me the opportunity to identify "birds of a feather" when it comes to how people mix. It has helped me identify combinations I prefer as well as methods for integrating some existing pieces that "don't fit my current framework."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back