Ebay problem...advice on lost parcel... (7 Viewers)

this is all I got on USPS tracking info...

Label/Receipt Number: LC10 4644 321U S
Service(s): International Letter

Your item was processed through and left our NORTH HOUSTON, TX 77315 facility on February 02, 2011 at 10:05 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination. No further information is available for this item.

Information on this item has been restored from offline files and will be available online for 30 days from 04/04/2011.

Detailed Results:
Processed through Sort Facility, February 02, 2011, 10:05 pm, NORTH HOUSTON, TX 77315
Acceptance, February 02, 2011, 3:48 pm, GALVESTON, TX 77551

Cheers Michael,

Sorry to hear about your shipping issues as that USPS update verbage looks all too familiar to me. I use USPS Priority or Express Mail depending on the buyer's choice but have had issues with both. I have of course called USPS but all they do is screen read what you can pull up even if it shows the package sitting at LAX for three weeks. Of course, I can be a smart a_s and have to ask if they are having cargo loading issues resulting in the delay. Anyway, I always use insurance and have filed the claims at the 30 day mark and in two cases there have been miraculous deliveries within 72 hours. One other fiasco was paid out to me within three weeks but I had previously refunded the buyer beforehand. Insurance or not, make certain that you file a lost parcel/package claim at the 30 day mark as it might just jar someone into doing a more thorough job resulting in a successful delivery. As others have noted, there really has been an increase in delivery delays the last couple of months. Hopefully, continual updates and thorough communication with your buyer will reassure them that you are a responsible & professional seller resulting in the same behavior in return. However, there are always those lovely individuals that will panic when there international parcel is not delivered within ten days no matter how much information you provide them inclusive of USPS emails and scans of the custom forms and acceptance receipts from USPS-but then the fun begins and usually another addition to the blocked buyer list. Hang in there & best of luck. I wonder if using the eBay provided insurance which you file the claims through the eBay site will better protect the seller. If you ship online from the Bay site in the add insurance section you will note a second choice other than UPS, USPS, etc.-that is the eBay provided insurance carrier (ShipCover Insurance) is what it is named and I have listed their details in the next post which I copied from the eBay site and took the liberty of highlighting a few important points. FYI I always use online shipping as it results in a 10% savings and free confirmation with Priority shipping and something close to a $0.19 charge for Parcel tracking. I think I will give eBay a shout and ask about that as am now more curious about that option...

*ShipCover Insurance information to follow in the next post due to exceeding post length parameters

Cheers,
Marc aka Beaufighter

Cheers Forum Squadron Members,

Here is Part II as promised. I hope this information helps someone!

"INSURING COMPANY: THE AMERICAN INSURANCE COMPANY
Cincinnati, Ohio

The following outlines your agreement with Parcel Insurance Plan ("PIP") who is acting as our agent, and The American Insurance Company, a subsidiary of Fireman's Fund Insurance Company ("Insurer"), relating to your purchase of parcel insurance (the "Parcel Insurance") from PIP and underwritten by Insurer.
This document is issued as a summary of insurance for information only. It does not constitute a legal contract of insurance. The summary is furnished in accordance with, and in all respects is subject to, the terms of the Master Policy. The insurance is underwritten by The American Insurance Company under a Master Policy, a copy of which is available via a link at the end of this document.
Insurer agrees to provide you with the coverage set forth below in exchange for payment of the applicable premium. Pricing mentioned below is only an estimate and actual pricing may vary at the time of purchase.
Shipments VIA PER PACKAGE LIABILITY LIMIT PER PACKAGE DEDUCTIBLE PREMIUM (per $100 value)
USPS $1000 $0.00 $1.23 per $100
USPS INTL. $1000 $0.00 $1.23 per $100
*All pricing includes coverage for losses resulting from Certified Acts of Terrorism.
$0.02 per $100 of Package value ($0.01 per $100 of Package value in Florida and $0.015 per $100 of
Package value in Georgia)
I. WHAT THE INSURANCE INSURES:

Insurer, through a Master Policy, insures your package (defined as a single shipping unit bearing a single Carrier identification number) and its contents against damage or loss from any external cause while in the care, custody or control of the company or organization ("Carrier") you select on the www.ebay.com website to deliver a Package to an eBay purchaser. Coverage applies only during transit from your premises to the shipping destination, EXCEPT as hereinafter excluded. Neither PIP nor Insurer will be liable for more than the declared value, actual cash value, cost to repair or replace, or per package liability limit, whichever is less. Your coverage becomes effective when you ship the insured package.

II. THE INSURANCE DOES NOT INSURE:

Coins, bullion, loose diamonds or stones, stocks, bonds, currency, deeds, evidences of debt, travelers checks, money orders, gift certificates, calling cards, lottery tickets, admission tickets, or any other negotiable documents.
Loss from delay, deterioration, spoilage or contamination of perishable merchandise except when resulting from fire.
Merchandise shipped on consignment, memorandum or approval unless shipped in fulfillment of an order or request.
Plasma televisions or monitors.
Loss, damage or non-arrival of any Package which:
Is addressed, wrapped or packed insufficiently, incorrectly or contrary to Carrier’s packaging requirements; or
Bears a descriptive label or packaging which tends to describe nature of contents EXCEPT if shipped via Parcel Post and required by Postal Law and Regulations.
Against loss or damage arising out of dishonesty on the part of you, your employees, a Certificate Holder or a Certificate Holder’s employees.
Against loss or damage caused by or resulting from:
Hostile or warlike action in time of peace or war, including action in hindering, combating or defending against an actual, impending or expected attack by:
Any government or sovereign power (de jure or de facto);
Any authority maintaining or using military, naval or air forces;
Military, naval or air forces; or
An agent of any such government power, authority or forces;
Any weapon of war employing atomic fission or radioactive force whether in time of peace or war;
Insurrection, rebellion, revolution, civil war, usurped power, or action taken by governmental authority in hindering, combating or defending against such an occurrence;
Seizure or destruction under quarantine or Customs regulations;
Confiscation by order of any government or public authority or risks of contraband or illegal transportation or trade; or
Nuclear reaction or radiation, or radioactive contamination, however caused. But if nuclear reaction or radiation, or radioactive contamination, results in fire, we will pay for the loss or damage caused by that fire.

III. CONDITIONS OF THIS INSURANCE:

Coverage is contingent upon the Carrier being liable for loss, damage or shortage relating to a Package.
The Deductible, if applicable, will be deducted from the amount of claim. You shall be entitled to and be responsible for collecting from the Carrier any part of the Deductible for which the Carrier is liable.
The Insurer will not be liable if packages are not reported to PIP and related premiums are not remitted. If the premium payment is not received within ten days of your request for insurance, all coverage and pending claim payments under this Insurance will be suspended until reinstated by PIP or the Insurer.
No suit or action for the recovery of any claim under this Insurance shall be sustainable in any court of law or equity unless commenced within twelve (12) months after you discover the occurrence which gives rise to the claim, provided, however, that if by the laws of the State within which the Master Policy is issued, such limitation is invalid, then any such claim shall be void unless such action or suit commences within the shortest limit of time permitted by the laws of that State.
Changes to the Master Policy can only be effected by endorsements signed by you, PIP, and the Insurer.
This Insurance treats banded boxes and pallets of boxes as one single package.
If a part of a pair or set is lost or damaged, this Insurance will only pay you a reasonable and fair portion of the total value of the pair or set and NOT the total value.
This Insurance is void if you have intentionally concealed or misrepresented any material fact or circumstance relating to this insurance.
Whenever coverage provided by the Master Policy would be in violation of any U.S. economic or trade sanctions, such coverage is null and void,
CLAIM PROCEDURE
You will electronically file claims with PIP via the www.eBay.com website within 90 days of the effective date of coverage.
Claims may not be submitted earlier than:
30 days after the effective date of coverage for lost claims; and
7 days after the effective date of coverage for damage claims.
All damaged property for which payment (not repaid costs) or replacement has been requested or made must on request be returned to PIP.
A covered loss will be paid to you or your assignee within 7 business days of PIP’s receipt of all required claim documentation and requested damaged goods.
Upon payment or replacement for loss or damage, your rights to recover from the Carrier, excluding amount equal to your deductible, are transferred to the Insurer. You will assist us in every reasonable manner to secure recovery.
If you have questions concerning a pending claim, please contact PIP at 1-877-325-2462 or http://www.pipinsure.com/ShipCoverContacts.html

IV. INFORMATION SHARING
Any personal information you provide in connection with the purchase of the Parcel Insurance, any claims filed in connection with the Parcel Insurance, or both, will be shared with PIP and the Insurer. Such information may also be shared with other persons or companies involved in the management or service of the Parcel Insurance, related claims, or both. Specifically, such personal information may be shared with unaffiliated third parties, including agents, brokers, other insurance companies, reinsurers, regulators, administrators and service providers and as otherwise permitted or required by law. Note that such sharing of data may be outside the jurisdiction in which the data was obtained."

All The Best,
Marc aka Beaufighter

this is all I got on USPS tracking info...

Label/Receipt Number: LC10 4644 321U S
Service(s): International Letter

Your item was processed through and left our NORTH HOUSTON, TX 77315 facility on February 02, 2011 at 10:05 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination. No further information is available for this item.

Information on this item has been restored from offline files and will be available online for 30 days from 04/04/2011.

Detailed Results:
Processed through Sort Facility, February 02, 2011, 10:05 pm, NORTH HOUSTON, TX 77315
Acceptance, February 02, 2011, 3:48 pm, GALVESTON, TX 77551

Is it trackable in Germany? They must have a website where you can track this parcel even using the USPS tracking number. That's what happens here.

Paulo

Is it trackable in Germany? They must have a website where you can track this parcel even using the USPS tracking number. That's what happens here.

Paulo

Michael when a parcel arrives in the UK it is given a new number ending EC the same probably happens in Germany, here is a copy of an email sent to me by PARCELFORCE

"Thank you for your email.
I am very sorry that your parcel has been delayed in transit. Please accept my apologies for the disappointment this must have caused.
After checking the tracking information, I can see that your parcel was sent to the incorrect depot and is now in the process of been redirected.
When your parcel reaches Aldershot depot a Customs charges payment is required of £63.44 before it can be released for delivery.
When a parcel enters the UK it may be subject, as in this case, to duty charges from HM Revenue and Customs. It is normal practice that recipients are sent a letter to advise of these charges and how the charges can be paid. This letter provides the recipient with an unique 17-digit reference number that must be quoted to allow us to take payment for the charges and release the parcel for delivery.
If you have this letter with the 17-digit number required for us to take payment, please call us on 08448 004466 or you can pay your charges online at www.parcelforce.com and choose the relevant option "to pay a Customs charge". Once this charge is paid, the parcel can be released for delivery to the original address on the parcel, or it can be collected from the depot.
Alternatively, you can also visit your local depot with the letter, pay the charges and take your parcel home the same day. To do this, you will need to take some photo ID with you. I would recommend that you contact the depot in advance of doing this on 0844 209 6128.
From the tracking number that you have provided, I can see that the parcel arrived in the UK on 10.02.11. If you have not received a letter 7 days after this date advising of the Customs charges, please contact your local depot on the above 0844 number. You will need the parcel tracking number and confirmation of the recipient's address, along with a contact name and telephone number.
Please accept my apologies for the delay and for any inconvenience this may have caused you.
If you require further assistance, please contact us at: parcelforce@parcelforce.co.uk
Our hours of business are Mon to Fri: 8am to 7pm, Sat: 8.30am to 5.30pm and Sun: 9am to 5pm.
Kind regards"

Hopefully the parcel has gone into German Customs, the recipient was sent a letter advising him of this and it never arrived. Get the recipient to contact his delivery company and also German Customs quoting the original USPS number. No delivery Companies are infallible, my parcel was sent to the wrong depot:mad:

Cheers

Martyn

Mark...you may be right...

my Priority to Germany for 4.6 pounds in February was $37.95...

currently listed as $41.05 on their site now...

the Express Mail International is currently listed as $53.95 on their site now...

$12.90 more with the Express...

can you tell me how the Express protects me as a seller...I understand it's much faster...but am I protected any more for a lost package?

Michael,

You will be better protected because Express Mail International will have a better chance of getting your items there and likely there undamaged..."less time in transit"

1st class intl is like putting stamps on a box and sending it off. you have absolutely no recourse. at all.

I had one package take over 2 months to arrive.

International customers who choose it, I confirm with many of them that they will not hold me responsible for a lost package if they choose it.

I wish ebay would exempt sellers of any responsibility if a buyer chooses it but they'll never do that.

Sorry to hear of your problems Mike.That's why I hardly ever ship to another country.I feel bad about that but I've had trouble just crossing the border into Canada.It's just not worth it.
Mark

Sorry to hear of your problems Mike.That's why I hardly ever ship to another country.I feel bad about that but I've had trouble just crossing the border into Canada.It's just not worth it.
Mark

hi mark,
if everyone would do like you, NO collectors scene, NO trade´s no Swap´s and even NO TS items would be available in your country.

i shipp ALL THE TIME parcels to nearly all regions of the world, and the problems are marginally.

the problem with the US-postal system is: "if you pay peanuts - you will get monkey business"

THANKS to ALL collectors who trade, sell, swap and deal with other collectors around the world, and so make it happen that their is a great world-wide TS community

best regards panzerknacker

hi mark,
if everyone would do like you, NO collectors scene, NO trade´s no Swap´s and even NO TS items would be available in your country.

i shipp ALL THE TIME parcels to nearly all regions of the world, and the problems are marginally.

the problem with the US-postal system is: "if you pay peanuts - you will get monkey business"

THANKS to ALL collectors who trade, sell, swap and deal with other collectors around the world, and so make it happen that their is a great world-wide TS community

best regards panzerknacker

I think if you look at some of the other classifieds you will see that I'm not alone feeling this way.I have sold overseas but I don't make a habit of it.If I was in business I would do it.
Mark

i can understand that someone ONLY ships inshured and maybe with services like UPS or FEDEX, but to say "i only ship in my country & and its not worth to ship to other countrys " - not - as i posted before, this will distroy the TS collectors scene world wide.

i can understand that someone ONLY ships inshured and maybe with services like UPS or FEDEX, but to say "i only ship in my country & and its not worth to ship to other countrys " - not - as i posted before, this will distroy the TS collectors scene world wide.

I do not ship uninsured but it is not worth it to me as it's not worth it to me to buy from overseas unless it's something I can't get anywhere else.I will not buy anything from overseas unless it's from a business.That is my personal preference.I don't think I have destroyed the TS scene with this view.To each his own.
Mark

.... to me to buy from overseas unless it's something I can't get anywhere else.......

look you said in your own words..... how about all the collectors around the world...
if you want something thats not available in your local market, you have to look and buy "overseas" (you postet even Kanada is Overseas to you :confused: )....
... and to buy... you allways need your counter-part... someone who sells, and ship overseas.

but you are right, its every ones personell decision how to act and collect....
... but people have to learn that such egoism will come back to their own and will also maybe complicate their own collecting wishes.....

look you said in your own words..... how about all the collectors around the world...
if you want something thats not available in your local market, you have to look and buy "overseas" (you postet even Kanada is Overseas to you :confused: )....
... and to buy... you allways need your counter-part... someone who sells, and ship overseas.

but you are right, its every ones personell decision how to act and collect....
... but people have to learn that such egoism will come back to their own and will also maybe complicate their own collecting wishes.....

I don't know where you get it's egotism.I work in a warehouse and guess what I do?Exports!We ship out large containers ,cartons.A little bit of everything so I know what a hassle it can be when something is lost or damaged and believe me when that happens it get's expensive.Now my original statement was that I hardly ever ship oversees which means that I have but I just don't want to deal with it on a personal level.I also said that when I have bought from another country (about 4-5 times in the last 20 years)It's though a business not from private collectors.If I want something and it's not in the states 99.9999% I don't get it.It's as simple as that.You hear a few of the horror stories on here and it's a turnoff and that's just a few stories and I'm sure there are many more.As for here in the states I have never ever had a problem with not recieving anything or anything I've sent.
Mark

I have bought from the US, Canada, New Zealand, Japan, Hong Kong...rarely had any problems, and in the rare ocasions when I had, they got solved. And the problem rate with packages from Europe hasn't been lower. When I am interested in items I can't find in Europe, like almost always with my Imperial collection, I buy from outside Europe, pay VAT and customs taxes, and higher shipping costs if necessary, possibly buy less elsewhere, a matter of choice. So it saddens me to find some people choose not to ship to Europe, but as marco says, to each his own and I have to respect that. Fortunately for now there are enough sellers selling worldwide to satisfy my more and more moderated needs^&grin...

Paulo

Hi Guys
Paolu makes some great points. As I wander around the globe I am usually looking for items on the web because the local market just isnt there. Currently, the closest place I found Toy Soldiers available is been about a 2 hour drive. So I must look to folks globally to feed my habit and have to say that the number of times I have had an issue with an item has been very few, 1 out of perhaps 200 transactions. When something gets lost like a box at Christmas that never showed up I just chalk it up to gremlins and drive on. No sense fretting over something that I have no control over.

I hope that there has been a resolution on this one

Dave

I refunded the buyer 100% of his payment...including his shipping...

The buyer hinted in splitting it with me...but I don't feel he is responsible at all...

He is a "stand up" guy...he has over 1,400 purchases with no negative feedback...

He has been a regular buyer from me in the past with no issues...

He exhausted his overseas efforts in communication with DHL Germany, post offices, me and customs...

I can't hold him at fault...his responsibility was to pay and he did that...

The saddest part was USPS's lack of concern or effort to assist me...I felt like I was just a nuisance they wanted to get rid of...

they accepted no liability and seemed reluctant to even help...

I feel they should have at least refunded my shipping...

Paypal did little...no refund whatsoever as I was notified 63 days after the sale concluded...

Ebay did refund my commission and ad fee...even though it was over 60 days...

I'm still hoping the box will turn up some day...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back