Edmund''s Traditional Toy Soldiers (2 Viewers)

Did you win any. There were quite a few. I bid on a couple but was outbid.

I haven't heard anything official, but I should have won 2 sets based on the realized prices, which were below my authorized absentee bids.

I think they would have sent an invoice by now but they could be backed up because it was a three day auction and the holiday.

I sent an e-mail asking if I won any of my bids so should hear soon.

I won the 10th New York Color party and the big 10th U.S. Cavalry ( Buffalo Soldiers) set with National and Regimental colors and unit guidon. Photos to follow upon receipt.

The sets from the auction arrived, but my back has been out so I haven’t been able to climb the stairs to get up to the collection and set them up. When I can, I will go upstairs, set them up and take some photos.

The sets from the auction arrived, but my back has been out so I haven’t been able to climb the stairs to get up to the collection and set them up. When I can, I will go upstairs, set them up and take some photos.

Sorry to hear about your back Louis.

Sorry to hear about your back Louis.

Thanks Brad. I see my surgeon on December 10th. I have been in a bad relapse for around 5 weeks. I hope they can figure something out, it is getting hard to live with.

Edmund just agreed to do the 14th New York WWI Color Party for me!!^&cool^&cool^&cool^&cool He said it may take a while, but photos will follow upon receipt.:smile2:

The custom 14th New York Color Party arrived and it is amazing! Here are some photos:

Attachments

• Edmunds WWI 14th NY Color Party 3.jpg
    Edmunds WWI 14th NY Color Party 3.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 157
  • Edmunds WWI 14th NY Color Party 2.jpg
    Edmunds WWI 14th NY Color Party 2.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 160
  • Edmunds WWI 14th NY Color Party 1.jpg
    Edmunds WWI 14th NY Color Party 1.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 162
Look at Edmund's version and the real WWI 14th New York Standard from my collection side by side, he is truly amazing:

Attachments

• Edmunds WWI 14th NY Color Party 2.jpg
    Edmunds WWI 14th NY Color Party 2.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 198
  • 14th Brooklyn WWI Regimental Color.jpg
    14th Brooklyn WWI Regimental Color.jpg
    272.8 KB · Views: 232
A remarkable likeness, especially so as it is hand-painted. A beautiful job. -- Al

Such a talent he has. To paint something like that illustrates the love of his work.

Joe

That's just exceptionally good Louis - a big well done to Edmund. jb

Edmund made 8 Union and 8 confederate action sets for the 150th anniversary of the First Battle of Bull Run (Manassas). The 8 Union sets were 4 of the 11th New York, and 4 of the 69th New York. They have been out of production for some time, but I was lucky enough to win the 4 69th New York Anniversary Action sets in an ebay auction this morning:

Attachments

• Edmunds 69th New York Anniversary Sets 3.jpg
    Edmunds 69th New York Anniversary Sets 3.jpg
    204.4 KB · Views: 273
  • Edmunds 69th New York Anniversary Sets 1.jpg
    Edmunds 69th New York Anniversary Sets 1.jpg
    301 KB · Views: 202
  • Edmunds 69th New York Anniversary Sets 4.jpg
    Edmunds 69th New York Anniversary Sets 4.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 220
For those who may not have met Edmund (who is a gentleman and a really nice guy), here is a photo of him at a toy soldier show:

Attachments

• Edmund at a Toy Soldier Show.jpg
    Edmund at a Toy Soldier Show.jpg
    174.9 KB · Views: 315
I finally feel good enough to make it upstairs, so here are some shots of Michigan Volunteer Cavalry from the Civil War and the Buffalo Soldiers from the Indian War period:

Attachments

• Michigan Volunteer Cavalry.jpg
    Michigan Volunteer Cavalry.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 215
  • Edmund's Buffalo Soldiers 1.jpg
    Edmund's Buffalo Soldiers 1.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 212
  • Edmund's Buffalo Soldiers 2.jpg
    Edmund's Buffalo Soldiers 2.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 209
  • Edmund's Buffalo Soldiers 3.jpg
    Edmund's Buffalo Soldiers 3.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 208
Here are the 10th New York Volunteers I got from the same auctions as the Buffalo Soldiers:

Attachments

• Edmund's 11th New York 1.jpg
    Edmund's 11th New York 1.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 222
  • Edmund's 11th New York 2.jpg
    Edmund's 11th New York 2.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 231
Edmund made 8 Union and 8 confederate action sets for the 150th anniversary of the First Battle of Bull Run (Manassas). The 8 Union sets were 4 of the 11th New York, and 4 of the 69th New York. They have been out of production for some time, but I was lucky enough to win the 4 69th New York Anniversary Action sets in an ebay auction this morning:

These are great sets! I love his flags.

I just found out he also did 3 action sets of the 14th New York (Brooklyn Chasseurs or "Red Legged Devils", one of my three favorite NY Volunteer Regiments) for the anniversary, a must find for me!!^&cool^&cool^&cool^&cool^&cool

Attachments

• Edmunds 14th New York Anniversary Set 1.jpg
    Edmunds 14th New York Anniversary Set 1.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 240
  • Edmunds 14th New York Anniversary Set 2.jpg
    Edmunds 14th New York Anniversary Set 2.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 286
  • Edmunds 14th New York Anniversary Set 3.jpg
    Edmunds 14th New York Anniversary Set 3.jpg
    213.9 KB · Views: 256

Users who are viewing this thread

Back