Favorite quotes (5 Viewers)

''This parrot is dead''
Probably the best MP scene ever!!
Mitch

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb, contesting the vote!

''This parrot is dead''
Probably the best MP scene ever!!
Mitch
I'm kinda partial to Mr. Hilter and Mr. Bimmler running for office. Also liked the re-enactment of the Battle of Pearl Harbor.:D -- Al

Some great things came from them. Was going to post it but, I think its too long for the forum but, always creases me up when I see the Parrot scene
Mitch

Some great things came from them. Was going to post it but, I think its too long for the forum but, always creases me up when I see the Parrot scene
Mitch
It was a Norwegian Blue, pining for the fjiords, right?:D Still watch the re-runs on cable twice a day. -- Al

Yo Toopers mine is.

"A man who wants to fight, is a man that has run out of ideas";)

"I haven't spoken to my wife in years. I didn't want to interrupt her."

Jeff

I'm kinda partial to Mr. Hilter and Mr. Bimmler running for office. Also liked the re-enactment of the Battle of Pearl Harbor.:D -- Al

"...und I vass not head of Geshtapo for 9 nine years-I make joke"

"Hilter--for a better Meinhead"

"Glory exists only when there is danger...peace is a word devoid of meaning...it is a glorious peace that we need." Napoleon

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb, contesting the vote!

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Benjamin_Franklin

* Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.
o Widely attributed to Franklin on the internet, sometimes without the second sentence. It is not found in any of his known writings, and the word "lunch" is not known to have appeared anywhere in english literature until the 1820s, decades after his death. The phrasing itself has a very modern tone and the second sentence especially might not even be as old as the internet. Some of these observations are made in response to a query at Google Answers.
The earliest known similar statements are:
+ A democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
# Gary Strand, Usenet group sci.environment, 23 April 1990. [6]
+ Democracy is not freedom. Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to eat for lunch. Freedom comes from the recognition of certain rights which may not be taken, not even by a 99% vote.
# Marvin Simkin, "Individual Rights", Los Angeles Times, 12 January 1992:[7]
+ Democracy must be something more than two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner.
# James Bovard, Lost Rights: The Destruction of American Liberty (1994), ISBN 0312123337, p. 333
# Also cited as by Bovard in the Sacramento Bee (1994)

“The history of intellectual progress is written in the lives of infidels”

Robert Green Ingersoll

After coming into contact with a religious man I always feel I must wash my hands
Nietzsche

In individuals, insanity is rare; but, in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule
Nietzsche
Mitch

Users who are viewing this thread

Back