Favorite quotes (1 Viewer)

"I thought I saw a bald eagle once but it was just a man standing on a rooftop doing work"

- my 10 year old daughter Victoria, said this the other day :)

"I thought I saw a bald eagle once but it was just a man standing on a rooftop doing work"

- my 10 year old daughter Victoria, said this the other day :)

Are you sure you didn't show Victoria those bar photos? Any chance for a dig.....:D;)

Great quote Chris! I do love the stuff that my kids say! Obviously Victoria and my daughter Samantha need to meet someday.

Hope all is going ok for you in the recovery from the house fire.

Drop me a line when you have a chance

Dave

«Gloire existe seulement où il y a péril... La paix est un mot vide de sens; c'est une paix glorieuse qu'il nous faut.»

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."
— Christopher Hitchens

who said this my friend?

Chris

I don't know if it was ever attributed, it came up in a biography I read of him and relates to his time as a cadet at Sandhurst I think. He was nearly thrown out after some wild 'high spirits' and was not universally popular.

There were of course, many more positive tributes.:) Before anyone starts suggesting I am anti Monty, seek legal counsel from Louis. :D Most British and Commonwealth troops thought he was terrific, but he did sack a lot of officers, so...............

Success is getting what you want; happiness is wanting what you get.

Sign on the back of a large truck: I may be slow, but I'm ahead of you.

I know what's in all the books in all the libraries in all the world - Words!

All by Brother Dave Gardner.

"We feel sorry for people that dont drink,,cause when they get up in the morning thats as good as they are gonna feel", Dean Martin

"We feel sorry for people that dont drink,,cause when they get up in the morning thats as good as they are gonna feel", Dean Martin

Ha!! Though I would venture to say I feel better either pulling into the gym parking lot or clocking out of work for the day!! :D

Ha!! Though I would venture to say I feel better either pulling into the gym parking lot or clocking out of work for the day!! :D

Gym parking lot? My idea of violent exercise is when I have to turn the ignition switch twice! Trooper

"They are all dead ,and I only painted them last night",,General Binden Mudd ,as his new unit of Highlanders was exterminated to a man on their first outing by arab horsemen,,2nd Battle of Goldwasser,,

"EKIA (enemy killed in action)- Geronimo"

US Navy Seal Operator transmission upon dispatching of UBL. May 1, 2011.

"I spent thirty-three years and four months in active military service as a member of this country's most agile military force, the Marine Corps. I served in all commissioned ranks from Second Lieutenant to Major-General. And during that period, I spent most of my time being a high class muscle-man for Big Business, for Wall Street and for the Bankers. In short, I was a racketeer, a gangster for capitalism."

General Smedley D. Butler USMC.

Cheers Forum Squadron Members,

An appropriate quote during the days of our Toy Soldier Lives...

"Men's arguments often prove nothing but their wishes."

Charles Caleb Colton,
British cleric, writer and collector

Tally Ho,
Beaufighter and sometimes Marc

By Albert King, one of the legendary Bluesmen, from the Song Born Under a Bad Sign:

"If I didn't have bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck at all" and (my favorite) "All I crave is wine and women."

I've got the wine part down good :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back