Favorite quotes (4 Viewers)

Heard melodies are sweet, but those unheard are sweeter; therefore, ye soft pipes, play on...
Keats, in Ode on a Grecian Urn

"Swing those arms shoulder high, or I'll rip one off and hit you with the soggy end!" Guards Sergeant.

another favorite of mine..

"Truth is, everyone is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for."

Bob Marley

"Truth hurts so I stay away from it."

I read that one in National Lampoon 35 odd years ago.

Yogi Berra...

A nickel ain't worth a dime anymore.

Baseball is ninety percent mental and the other half is physical.

Half the lies they tell about me aren't true.

I always thought that record would stand until it was broken.

I never said most of the things I said.

I wish I had an answer to that because I'm tired of answering that question.

If you ask me anything I don't know, I'm not going to answer.

If you come to a fork in the road, take it.

It was impossible to get a conversation going, everybody was talking too much.

Nobody goes there anymore. It's too crowded.

We made too many wrong mistakes.

You can observe a lot by just watching.

You wouldn't have won if we'd beaten you.

You've got to be very careful if you don't know where you are going, because you might not get there.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

and my favorite...

You better cut the pizza in four pieces because I'm not hungry enough to eat six.

Those are great Mike. Yogi was unique as a public speaker, at least until Dan Quayle::eek:

I have made good judgements in the Past. I have made good judgements in the Future

Republicans understand the importance of bondage between a mother and child.

The American people would not want to know of any misquotes that Dan Quayle may or may not make.

The future will be better tomorrow.

We don't want to go back to tomorrow, we want to go forward.

We have a firm commitment to Europe. We are a *part* of Europe.

[It's] time for the human race to enter the solar system.

But we all lived in this century. I didn't live in this century.

For NASA, space is still a high priority.

I stand by all the misstatements that I've made.

Quite frankly, teachers are the only profession that teach our children.

And my personal favorite:

What a waste it is to lose one's mind. Or not to have a mind is being very wasteful. How true that is.:confused::rolleyes::D

Those are just too funny Bill..."your favorite" is a keeper but this one is pretty good (confusing) too...

The Holocaust was an obscene period in our nation's history. I mean in this century's history. But we all lived in this century. I didn't live in this century.

I bet George Jr. would have a nice list...

Those are just too funny Bill..."your favorite" is a keeper but this one is pretty good (confusing) too...

The Holocaust was an obscene period in our nation's history. I mean in this century's history. But we all lived in this century. I didn't live in this century.

I bet George Jr. would have a nice list...
I suspect he does. That quote above is classic but he is right about one thing; he didn't "live" in this century if life is taken to include a conscious awareness on one's surroundings.:D

BTW, this is not political, he said what he said, no matter whose party he is from.;)

My all time favourite

George Jr to HM Queen Elizabeth II

"You helped our nation celebrate its bicentennial in 17 -- 1976." Washington, D.C., May 7, 2007

If ever there was a time for the ground to open up and swallow you whole, this would have been it!

Ok, credit these to Mike and Scott but here are some of my favorite GW classics::p

Too many good docs are getting out of the business. Too many OB-GYNs aren't able to practice their love with women all across this country.

You work three jobs? ... Uniquely American, isn't it? I mean, that is fantastic that you're doing that.

Rarely is the questioned asked: Is our children learning?

See, in my line of work you got to keep repeating things over and over and over again for the truth to sink in, to kind of catapult the propaganda.

For every fatal shooting, there were roughly three non-fatal shootings. And, folks, this is unacceptable in America. It's just unacceptable. And we're going to do something about it.

I promise you I will listen to what has been said here, even though I wasn't here.

I couldn't imagine somebody like Osama bin Laden understanding the joy of Hanukkah.

I'm the commander -- see, I don't need to explain -- I do not need to explain why I say things. That's the interesting thing about being president.

I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully.

There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again.

And my personal favorite, although it was a close call since the first one on the list cracks me up every time I read it::D:D

Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.

Mike and Spitfrnd, Thank you for making me laugh with Dan, GW and Yogi.

This one isn't so funny. From Upton Sinclair,
It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back