Favorite Sherman (1 Viewer)

For K&C, General Inspection and the Firefly, in that order. firefly.jpg

For K&C, General Inspection and the Firefly, in that order. View attachment 80939

Such a great looking Tank, my personal fave. And that 17pdr gun made such a difference in Normandy and was what put Wittman away in the end, after suffering from being outclassed for so long finally the Sherman could hit back, awesome gun on an awesome model.^&cool

Rob

I like the dd45 i think thats the number [H2] with the machine gunner on the back^&cool
Scott

That is a very nice version CFM, hard to beat that one.

Rob

But this is the best/favorite SHERMAN of all.

000_3481.jpg

000_3477.jpg

000_3476.jpg

000_3478.jpg

000_3475.jpg

000_3473.jpg

000_3480.jpg

000_3484.jpg

So far in recent years we've had a couple of Shermans (Brit and US) for Normandy, Firefly (best yet imo) Bulge version w/sand bags, Classic version and a knocked out version for the Bulge. I wonder if the next will be for North Africa?^&cool

Rob

Why has K and C not done a desert Sherman yet?
The Figarti one is very good.

I guess they maybe space the Shermans out a bit as we've been lucky enough to have a few now, so maybe its on the way in the future?

Figarti's version is very nice. K&C's Matilda is still my fave North Africa AFV, great model.

Rob

Thanks all for the comments. I think the Figarti Sherman is excellent. In response to Damian's question, I don't know why K & C haven't issued one but I'm sure they will get to it.

Enjoyed seeing other collectors' photos and choices and, yes, the Battle of the Bulge Sherman is one of the finest K & C made.

I like the sandbagged sherman but, I think multi figured AFV's like this the Panzer IV and, others are a thing of the past. Its a shame I like a good mix of personal with an AFV
Mitch

I like the sandbagged sherman but, I think multi figured AFV's like this the Panzer IV and, others are a thing of the past. Its a shame I like a good mix of personal with an AFV
Mitch

Must say it was an excellent crew with that particular Sherman, as was the first Winter Tiger. One of my personal faves in that regard is this beauty;

008-7.jpg

Rob

I always liked this one for the crew
Mitch

Attachments

• DSCF3055.jpg
    DSCF3055.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 190
Yes thats another good crew Mitch, great vehicle too. ^&cool

Rob

000_3477.jpg

000_3478.jpg

000_3473.jpg

Always thought that Sandbag Sherman was an ugly duckling what with it being covered up and marred by all those ugly sandbags. Over the years however it has grown on me and the figures are great......still the sentimental favourite is DD 065 British D-Day Sherman. :wink2:

000_3481.jpg

000_3477.jpg

000_3476.jpg

000_3478.jpg

000_3475.jpg

000_3473.jpg

000_3480.jpg

000_3484.jpg

That combination of tank and figures, in my opinion, is unbeatable. The expressions and body language are superb.
And like Mitch said, a set with that many figures included is a thing of the past. "General Inspection" would probably cost over $400 today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back