Fear The Walking Dead (1 Viewer)

I have stopped caring...Not sure if I am interested in WD anymore, as I already know how the plot is going to be for the next bunch of episodes..:(.Michael

That's the disadvantage of being a fan of the graphic comic series; we'll all find out how things turned out with Lucille on the 23rd.................

That's the disadvantage of being a fan of the graphic comic series; we'll all find out how things turned out with Lucille on the 23rd.................

Pick out any gang vs gang B movie and you will have this seasons' action plan, with the zombies as filtered out noise. At least in Znation, even the baddies have some quirky, likable qualities to them..( the brain dead, amazons, a principled baldy bounty hunter, Murphy's army,etc. ) that holds an interest. Michael

I hate to admit it but the season three premiere was pretty good. Maybe the best episode in this entire series. Travis finally started to show some zombie butt kicking skills. And then they suddenly - spoiler - had him killed off. I didn't like the way they broke it with up into two episodes. It sort of spoiled the flow when the second episode led off with the surprise death. But otherwise things are off to a promising start.

I hate to admit it but the season three premiere was pretty good. Maybe the best episode in this entire series. Travis finally started to show some zombie butt kicking skills. And then they suddenly - spoiler - had him killed off. I didn't like the way they broke it with up into two episodes. It sort of spoiled the flow when the second episode led off with the surprise death. But otherwise things are off to a promising start.

Agreed; it was very good, the death of Travis came out of nowhere, he's a main character, him and his wife and to bump him off was a shock to be honest. We never found out who was doing the shooting either, what a way to go. We'll see where things go from here................funny too as there is very little buzz about the show anywhere on the internet either................

I didn't see the episode this week but this season is the best yet. Good to see Daniel back. He was the only character that I liked from the first couple of seasons. They seemed to have learned some lessons from TWD circling back on the individual storylines between the main action and more action.

I didn't see the episode this week but this season is the best yet. Good to see Daniel back. He was the only character that I liked from the first couple of seasons. They seemed to have learned some lessons from TWD circling back on the individual storylines between the main action and more action.

Ruben is a good customer of mine and I told him I was sorry to see him go, but I had a feeling it wouldn't be the last of him as it was too open ended and his reply to me was "Salazar always finds a way".......................he wasn't kidding..........................we found out who was doing the shooting as far a the helicopter.......................

A real shocker last week with SPOILER - Nick's death. This show is going the way of the first couple season of TWD before things went off the rails. It's probably the better of the two shows at the moment.

Getting rid of the Nick character, and apparently Madison according to the implications of this week's episode, is a big gaff in my opinion. He was central to the storyline of the entire series. I suspect that these actors wanted out of their contracts to pursue other ventures, rather than a pre planned element of the story.

We are starting to see lots of flashbacks going on, which is getting rather tiresome. Looks like that is going to take up much of next week's episode as well. Both Walking Dead and FWD appear to be suffering from some sub par writing with this, and last season.

Yeah It was said on Talking Dead that the Nick character (can't think of his name) told them last year he wanted to leave to pursue other ventures.
Mark

Getting rid of the Nick character, and apparently Madison according to the implications of this week's episode, is a big gaff in my opinion. He was central to the storyline of the entire series. I suspect that these actors wanted out of their contracts to pursue other ventures, rather than a pre planned element of the story.

We are starting to see lots of flashbacks going on, which is getting rather tiresome. Looks like that is going to take up much of next week's episode as well. Both Walking Dead and FWD appear to be suffering from some sub par writing with this, and last season.

It cuts both ways on eliminating major characters. The audience has a lot invested in them. But sometimes a show needs new blood or it becomes the A-Team. Everytime they have a wild shootout now on TWD I know Rick, Daryl and the other major players will be unscathed. Everyone else on the show is a red shirt from Star Trek. It's predictable and unrealistic. I like the new characters added to FWD so far. The show started out slowly the first couple of seasons but they seem willing to make major changes. It reminds me of TWD when it was really going strong.

Well this last episode seals the deal. It's official, FTWD and the WD's writing staff have hit rock bottom with their storyline and scripts. to say that they have become cliché and insipid is an understatement. I doubt that I will continue to watch either show, after having faithfully followed every episode since both premiered.

I do believe they have run their course, and should just shut it down.

Well this last episode seals the deal. It's official, FTWD and the WD's writing staff have hit rock bottom with their storyline and scripts. to say that they have become cliché and insipid is an understatement. I doubt that I will continue to watch either show, after having faithfully followed every episode since both premiered.

I do believe they have run their course, and should just shut it down.

I think FTWD has improved greatly. It was awful the first couple of seasons. Things picked up last year and so far this season. I was sorry to see Dorie apparently get killed. His character was a major improvement this season.

I don't think Dorie is dead.At least I hope not,he's the best new character in either show in a long time.Carol and Morgan are head cases .You can't turn a cheek in this world and be a good guy. I never recoginized Al as the girl on Lost.
Mark

I don't think Dorie is dead.At least I hope not,he's the best new character in either show in a long time.Carol and Morgan are head cases .You can't turn a cheek in this world and be a good guy. I never recoginized Al as the girl on Lost.
Mark

Yes, he apparently survives being gut shot with some mega-rifle and with no hospital. Apparently all he needed was someone to hold some gauze on it. I thought the mid-season finale was a bit hokey particularly Madison's death scene but overall lots of improvement. Almost none of the original characters are left. A complete makeover of the show this season.

I guess it is all in the eye of he beholder. I thought that this season was the worst ever for both shows, with the finale of this mid season FWD being the nail in the coffin. It is painfully obvious that the writing has been really degraded, the budget slashed, and actors are leaving the show as fast as they can. YMMV.

I guess it is all in the eye of he beholder. I thought that this season was the worst ever for both shows, with the finale of this mid season FWD being the nail in the coffin. It is painfully obvious that the writing has been really degraded, the budget slashed, and actors are leaving the show as fast as they can. YMMV.

Would disagree, have found this season refreshing and a vast improvement on the original which I believe has run it's course and is dying a slow death.

I've seen every episode this season (except for last night) and have no clue what is going on. I got lost right from the get go with the plane crash. Didn't recall anything about a plane from the last season. They seem to be just meandering about. Getting lost and finding each other. Mostly at truck stops. Not a great season.

I agree.I thought the girl from the power plant died.Who in the hell are the people in the helicopters? They say they are working for a future for humanity but can't tell anybody anything and as a matter of fact wants to kill everybody who they come across. And Morgan's group wants to get home,I didn't know they even had a home.
Mark

I agree.I thought the girl from the power plant died.Who in the hell are the people in the helicopters? They say they are working for a future for humanity but can't tell anybody anything and as a matter of fact wants to kill everybody who they come across. And Morgan's group wants to get home,I didn't know they even had a home.
Mark

The only good I can say about this season is that they addressed some of the stray characters and story lines from TWD. One of those improbable TV coincidences that people could randomly run into one another in the vast area of the country by chance but I can live with that. Also they at least touched upon someone in an official capacity trying to restore order (even if it was completely bizarre and inexplicable). The rest of this season has been a waste. I like Morgan but his Yoda-like persona is becoming tiresome.

Mark

The woman from the power plant is dying and Morgan's group found a home at the very end of the last episode of last season, blink and you miss it.

The people in the helicopters are from the commonwealth which is a story arc from TWD, if you watch the opening credits of the episode it shows what will happen in the episode.

Last night had the image of the reactor in the back ground and the episode revolved around the reactor melting down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back