Figarti Desert : Best EVER (1 Viewer)

Vezzolf

2nd Lieutenant
I was just looking at some of my WWII Tiger Tanks and comparing them.... And although the newest (less expensive) Camo Figarti Tiger is a very good model for the money:smile2:.... I have come to the conclusion that the Figarti 1:30th Desert Tiger is the meanest looking Tiger Tank "EVER MADE" in this hobby....I wish Figarti would have made this exact Tiger I Tank in Normandy Camoflage or Eastern Front Grey....I did not care too much for the (Grey) EarlyTiger version released but I do own one of them....For those of you gents who purchased one of the Figarti Desert Tigers it is really head over heals the BEST EVER MADE.... "It is really that good".:salute::

Last edited:
I was just looking at some of my WWII Tiger Tanks and comparing them.... And although the newest (less expensive) Camo Figarti Tiger is a very good model for the money:smile2:.... I have come to the conclusion that the Figarti 1:30th Desert Tiger is the meanest looking Tiger Tank "EVER MADE" in this hobby....I wish Figarti would have made this exact Tiger I Tank in Normandy Camoflage or Eastern Front Grey....I did not care too much for the (Grey) EarlyTiger version released but I do own one of them....For those of you gents who purchased one of the Figarti Desert Tigers it is really head over heals the BEST EVER MADE.... "It is really that good".:salute::

How many tigers do you have Frank?

You what,its Grey its beautiful................................^&grin

I don't have the Desert one but do have the winter one introduced a year before and it is one of my favorite tanks.

I don't have the Desert one but do have the winter one introduced a year before and it is one of my favorite tanks.

Yep have all 3 and they are great looking TIGERS,the Grey being my favourite.

Good thread Frank, I do not own a Figarti Tiger tank but have the winter one on pre-order, sounds like a lot of good responses to the new Tiger so looking forward to my Winter one...Sammy

The Figarti DAK Tiger I is indeed a stunning model, and I believe only 70 were produced of that variant. Alex (amund) has one that he sent me pictures of recently flanked by FL DAK figures, and the combo looked very nice.

Joe

How good does this look.

Picture031.jpg

Picture030-1.jpg

The Figarti DAK Tiger I is indeed a stunning model, and I believe only 70 were produced of that variant. Alex (amund) has one that he sent me pictures of recently flanked by FL DAK figures, and the combo looked very nice.

Joe

Agreed Joe, mine is up there as one of my fav's in my collection!

Tom

Attachments

• DSC02337.jpg
    DSC02337.jpg
    197.5 KB · Views: 249
  • DSC02344.jpg
    DSC02344.jpg
    218.1 KB · Views: 248

Mate, I didn't get this one but I have the new Winter Tiger on order so it will be interesting to see how it stacks up against my DAK Tiger. Are you getting the new Winter version as well? If you are then would you be able to post your opinion between the two Winter Tigers?

Tom

Mate, I didn't get this one but I have the new Winter Tiger on order so it will be interesting to see how it stacks up against my DAK Tiger. Are you getting the new Winter version as well? If you are then would you be able to post your opinion between the two Winter Tigers?

Tom

Will do mate.

Good thread Frank, I do not own a Figarti Tiger tank but have the winter one on pre-order, sounds like a lot of good responses to the new Tiger so looking forward to my Winter one...Sammy

Sammy, I know that you are going to purchase many of the First Legion SS Waffen figures and the First Legion Fallshrimjagers when they are released....I know that I am:wink2:...I would suggest that you purchase the newest Figarti Tiger (camoflage version) at $169 it is VERY GOOD.....You may want to add a little weathering here and there but in general it is a VERY GOOD MODEL....."No Scratches" (like the new panther) ....It will go VERY WELL with the camo Waffen SS as has been shown in a recent diorama....Of course you will need a Winter Version as well{sm4}....FIGARTI TIGERS RULE....And as you know, so does FIRST LEGION:salute::

Last edited:
Wayne, Thanks for posting your photos...they are excellent....The Figarti DAK Tiger is my favorite of the three, closely follwed by the Figarti Winter Version with the kill rings....If these are made available again I would buy one more{sm4} .....The only concern with my Figarti DAK Tiger is now I will eventually have to purchase FL DAK Panzers and TS to go with them {eek3}{eek3}$$$$$$$...(You know 1:30th DAK soldiers go with 1:30th scale DAK Tigers){sm4}{sm4}{sm4}....Only kidding you my good man.....Stay well.... Best Frank

Sammy, I know that you are going to purchase many of the First Legion SS Waffen figures and the First Legion Fallshrimjagers when they are released....I know that I am:wink2:...I would suggest that you purchase the newest Figarti Tiger (camoflage version) at $169 it is VERY GOOD.....You may want to add a little weathering here and there but in general it is a VERY GOOD MODEL....."No Scratches" (like the new panther) ....It will go VERY WELL with the camo Waffen SS as has been shown in a recent diorama....Of course you will need a Winter Version as well{sm4}....FIGARTI TIGERS RULE....And so does FIRST LEGION:salute::
Actually Frank I have all but 2 sets of the Waffen SS already :) and you can believe I will be getting the FJs, and I agree that the Figarti Tigers look very good next to the First Legion troops...Sammy

I like the look of the desert version and I like the weathering and the tonal colours they added to it. I don't own one of these variants but, have seen them in person and had them in the house next to other Tigers I have. I don't like the recoiling barrel thing that was done but, its probably right in saying its the best detailed Tiger for DAK made.

I suppose its the best DAK Tiger until FL make one!!!LOL
Mitch

WELL WELL....I guess we have some differences of opinion on the forum as to which Desert Tiger is the BEST EVER.....The FigartI DAK or The K/C Desert Tiger....I own then both^&grin.....Well I decided to place them side by side and after careful examination and much deliberation:rolleyes2: I would have to say that they are both good models. That being said I give the "winning edge" to the Figarti DAK Tiger....Simply "more realistic tracks, with "better detail", "better paint/weathering" and photo-etched parts and besides they are a perfect match to First Legion DAK German soldiers which are 1:30th scale of course.^&grin^&grin^&grin....We are all entitiled to our opinions no matter how wrong they are.^&grin^&grin^&grin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back