Figure Prices Rising AGAIN! (2 Viewers)

My post wasn't to compare prices on selected models. And it was intended to include ranges other than WWII. The post was to ask about whether the market was splitting into two price tiers - which I think it is. I ask if the split will become wider over time.

Andy seems to have gotten the point - he gave an answer to future pricing (and wisely stayed away from the two tier part {sm4} )

Terry

I am obviously a lower tier collector.:wink2: I buy only now and then from KC in the upper tier, and nothing from the other two. I buy much more in quantity and frequency from the 4 in the lower tier. It is bang for the buck, without running out of bucks, for me. -- Al

I'm with you. I'm now buying only TCS & TGM as they are much better bang for our money. When I decide to collect Crusaders or Samurai range I will only buy from First Legion.

This discussion seems to be focused on WW II. Well, there are other ranges (and companies) out there besides WW II. It's not the end all and be all of toy soldier collecting. I've cut my WW II purchases to almost nil and quite enjoying checking out other ranges as well as glossy. I know some others like Lancer and Louis have done that as well.
Brad has a good point about the WW2 sector. I have all but stopped buying WW2, with only a few Tiger tank buys over the last several months, no figures, no other related material. The only figures I now buy are the more affordable glossies while matte purchases are WW1 aircraft only. Basically, with the exception of the aircraft (which are expensive, but also my greatest interest), the matte prices have driven me back to being a glossy figure collector and that is not a bad thing as there are some superb offerrings at more reasonable price levels. -- Al

Re: Response to a Betting Man

Hi Guys,

No one (including me) will argue against the sad fact of rising costs and prices over the last 24-36 months. However I would like to make a more positive bet than my friend TSB… I would like to bet that many prices will stabilize and more than a few might actually reduce as a few new factories and suppliers come on line over the next few months…

Best wishes to one and all,
Andy C.
This would certainly be a welcome development. Anything along these lines can only help all concerned. -- Al

Re: Response to a Betting Man

Hi Guys,

No one (including me) will argue against the sad fact of rising costs and prices over the last 24-36 months. However I would like to make a more positive bet than my friend TSB… I would like to bet that many prices will stabilize and more than a few might actually reduce as a few new factories and suppliers come on line over the next few months…

Andy C.

Andy

It is good to hear that their will be a leveling off period coming up soon - with a potential reduction. I know you are working hard to bring the best quality product at the best price possible. I for one love K&C figures and ranges - will continue to collect them - cost reductions does help me spend more money on your products.

Now - as for SEMINOLES - I will gladly pay DOUBLE !! ^&grin

Ron

Brad has a good point about the WW2 sector. I have all but stopped buying WW2, with only a few Tiger tank buys over the last several months, no figures, no other related material. The only figures I now buy are the more affordable glossies while matte purchases are WW1 aircraft only. Basically, with the exception of the aircraft (which are expensive, but also my greatest interest), the matte prices have driven me back to being a glossy figure collector and that is not a bad thing as there are some superb offerrings at more reasonable price levels. -- Al

Hmm, feeling a lot like this...:rolleyes2:

Paulo

This discussion seems to be focused on WW II. Well, there are other ranges (and companies) out there besides WW II. It's not the end all and be all of toy soldier collecting. I've cut my WW II purchases to almost nil and quite enjoying checking out other ranges as well as glossy. I know some others like Lancer and Louis have done that as well.

With WWII I just find myself asking do I need another Stug or Jagdpanther etc.
I have many examples of these. SO when prices go up I simply move away from this type of model.I am not going today 300 USD for another Tiger tank.

Hi Guys,

Andy C.

This is good news indeed Andy, great to hear.{bravo}}

Cheers

Rob

In contrast to Andy's words, instead I'm remaining "cautiously optimistic." Moreover, and at the risk of pessimism, I found key words in his paraphrase such as bet, would like, and might. To me, this is a language of secrecy often interpreted among the intersecting circles of business, who indeed protect stock, profit and sustainability. This is why, as a consumer, I'm not launching confetti and jumping up clicking heels, at the great one's financial predictors; as they are just that, (with all due respect), predictions. The proof is in the pudding, as they say; therefore I'm going to take a wait-and-see approach, thank you very much.

In contrast to Andy's words, instead I'm remaining "cautiously optimistic." Moreover, and at the risk of pessimism, I found key words in his paraphrase such as bet, would like, and might. To me, this is a language of secrecy often interpreted among the intersecting circles of business, who indeed protect stock, profit and sustainability. This is why, as a consumer, I'm not launching confetti and jumping up clicking heels, at the great one's financial predictors; as they are just that, (with all due respect), predictions. The proof is in the pudding, as they say; therefore I'm going to take a wait-and-see approach, thank you very much.

I'm with you. I'm in a wait-and-see approach as well.

Disagree with you mate as previously discussed (won't bring up the scale issue) Figarti make great vehicles but there figures i find are light,skinny and very delicate ive had heaps of probs with arms and legs falling off for no reason and paint flaking.
FL to small to got with anyone else so if you collect FL you can't mix and match and K&C many more release more variety,as for the detail they where already at a high level before China got there act together and have come leaps and bounds since the early stuff never had a problem with K&C and as stated before (won't get into that either)K&C have there reasons for the price increase.

Have to agree re K&C quality, in all the orders I've placed with K&C UK I've never had a single broken, bent or chipped item arrive at my door. I think this speaks volumes about both the quality of the original product and the excellent customer service K&C UK provide. And if prices are to drop a little in the future, well that will be just fine!:):wink2:

Rob

I have had three. A cracked wing on a hurricane (along the seam where its attached), a mullered hitler from the second staff car and, a paint blotch on a flag from the LAH range. So, not bad at all considering how many broken or, flaky paints issues I have had with other companies. Say what one will about other things but, most of the stuff is sturdy and well painted. Can't fault the K&CUK operation.
Mitch

Have to agree re K&C quality, in all the orders I've placed with K&C UK I've never had a single broken, bent or chipped item arrive at my door. I think this speaks volumes about both the quality of the original product and the excellent customer service K&C UK provide. And if prices are to drop a little in the future, well that will be just fine!:):wink2:

Rob

Some good points raised here as to the tentative nature of any proposed price decreases. Words like "might" and "would" are words normally seen in earnings reports and agreements, words about which attorneys can argue about ceaselessly (especially the difference and import of the words "would" vs. "could").

Some good points raised here as to the tentative nature of any proposed price decreases. Words like "might" and "would" are words normally seen in earnings reports and agreements, words about which attorneys can argue about ceaselessly (especially the difference and import of the words "would" vs. "could").

Fingers crossed then mate!:)

Rob

Rob

I've had a set arrive from HK which included a broken figure. Informed the folk at K&C in HK to ask for advice and it was immediately replaced, sight unseen and no questions asked. Now that's service... and something that I've never forgotten.

Re the prices coming down... to be honest... and as much as I'd like to think it will happen, I think that unless sales are generally down quite a lot (with the link between todays prices and affordability being shown to be part of the reason) if the market can sustain the current prices I can't see them dropping, so I'll believe it when I see it. But here's hoping.

I think if Andy could do that, that would have an enormous impact on the industry. Yes, here's hoping :smile2:

And it wouldn't be the first time K&C have done that^&cool{bravo}}

Rob

Relative to all the price increases, and this is about all the companies, who is still buying product like they did a few years ago. From everyone I,ve spoken too, especially long time collectors, everyone, and I mean everyone tells me they have cut way back.
Someone must still be spending big dollars, but who?
Gary

What happened to terry's and my post that were here a few moments ago?????
Mitch

What happened to terry's and my post that were here a few moments ago?????
Mitch
Hi Mitch. I think there was a glitch in the site. It went down while I was reading a post. When the site came back up, the post was gone. Don't really know what happened. -- Al

Users who are viewing this thread

Back