First Boat. (2 Viewers)

waynepoo

Colonel
I have been toiling away on the pieces I need for a future diorama. First being a North Sea Trawler during the Great War. A 1/30 Scale Billing Boat kit just completed...…….

She will be crewed by 1/30 Scale Merchant Seamen by Shapeways, seen here. The challenge will be to paint them!

The next part of the diorama will be a Billings Boat kit which will represent the pinnace from the HMAS Australia a Indefatigable-class battlecruiser which was part of the Home Fleet during the Great War.

Here are some Britain's figures from which I removed the bases plus a JJD figure. These will crew the pinnace when completed.

One needs a challenge.
Wayne.

Terrific trawler Wayne, so much potential. Can already see some Commandos lurking on board or scuba drivers ready to slip over the side to the nearby coast. The one I have is already in the hands of the Germans complete with flak gun. Robin.

Terrific trawler Wayne, so much potential. Can already see some Commandos lurking on board or scuba drivers ready to slip over the side to the nearby coast. The one I have is already in the hands of the Germans complete with flak gun. Robin.

Not the least bit surprised you have a trawler and you probably have several more as well...... :wink2:
Thanks Robin.

Wayne . . What a great way to start my morning while drinking my coffee. I am duly impressed what you have been able to create. I am really looking forward to seeing photos of the next phase. The use of the WB and JJD figures is perfect. What a nice addition to your Great War collection . . . I am quite envious of your abilities and talent. All the very best . . .
:salute:::salute:::salute:: Mike

Fantastic work! I can't wait to see the finished result! I love your resourceful use of figures.

Well done, matey. How did you convert from a full hull to a waterline model? Have visualized several boat efforts, but never got started. Have considered HMS MIMI, the AFRICAN QUEEN, and a Billings Brit steam launch. One of these days . . .

Bosun Al

Great work on the trawler!^&cool^&cool^&cool^&cool Look forward to seeing your work as the diorama progresses!:smile2:

This is the one I have Wayne. Robin.

Attachments

• DSCN1183.jpg
    DSCN1183.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 262
  • DSCN1184.jpg
    DSCN1184.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 243
  • DSCN1185.jpg
    DSCN1185.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 350
Yours will be WW1 and mine is WW11. Robin.

Attachments

• DSCN1186.jpg
    DSCN1186.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 262
  • DSCN1187.jpg
    DSCN1187.jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 229
Not a bad looking tub Wayne, it'll even work with WW2!

Tom

Amazing work Wayne. WOW!! I love the paint work- just outstanding!!
Thank you for sharing!

Joe

Don’t know how I missed this thread.:eek: Great looking models, Wayne!:salute::

-Moe

Well done, matey. How did you convert from a full hull to a waterline model? Have visualized several boat efforts, but never got started. Have considered HMS MIMI, the AFRICAN QUEEN, and a Billings Brit steam launch. One of these days . . .

Bosun Al

Al, Thank you.
Instead of writing a long essay on how I waterlined the boat, when I start on the pinnace I will start a thread with pictures all the better to illustrate the process.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back