Forum Members Age (1 Viewer)

53 years young. Love collecting the K&C WW2 line of figures and vehicles. I was bitten after watching the World at War series at around 8 years old. Started with Marx plastic at that age, W. Britain’s and later Tamiya models. Had a collection at my grandmothers house and when I would visit her and set them up she always had Wagner playing in the background. Try Lohengrin, Tannhauser or the Ride of the Vallkyries Operas while setting them up. Took a long break between serving in the military and retirement from the Police Department. Can’t remember the exact year I started K&C but once I saw their line up I was Hooked again. My time in the Military was served in Germany so I was very fortunate enough to visit many battlefields and see first hand the battlefields of WW2. Been a WW2 history buff since the age of 8. What excites me the most is that 2 outta my 3 young sons are interested in WW2 battles on the Eastern and Western fronts and collecting K&C. The oldest is 12 and youngest is 8. They handle them with respect when we set them up. Setting up a scene with them makes me feel like a kid again. It’s a great hobby.

Last edited:
I’m 38. I’m relatively new to the premium metal toy soldier hobby having bought my first pieces in 2017, although I’ve known about the hobby going back to the 1990s. I’ve been building model kits for about 30 years as well as collecting prebuilt toy soldiers, vehicles, and aircraft in scales ranging 1/72, 1/48, 1/32, 1/18, to 1/6 for well over 20 years. My house is basically a museum 😎

I`m 79 and started collecting at age 6. Played with them as a kid than discovered woman ,and they went in the drawer. Many years later I got married ,and Yep! They came out of the drawer!

54 years of age and started collecting 1/30 metal figures & armors ~ 2002. I've started building plastic scale models in 2010 and since then have not bought any 1/30 metal items for a quite a while. However I still enjoy seeing other new pieces from fellow collectors.

Turned big 60 last month (which made my wife happy since she is 3 months older than me :wink2:)

There were always quite a few young people at the late texas show,,Most probably have no where like that these days to keep an interest,,

I'm 73 - makes me one of the "old guys" here. Began playing with toy soldiers sometime around age 7 I'd guess. Began collecting​ in my 30's.

Had an uncle who was great at making things. Ranch, castle, farm amongst various items. Populated with Britains figures. Used to save my pocket money up and buy a single figure from the local toy shop.

Son has no interest. Different generation.

Looking at the other thread about what to do with your collection I was thinking that it may be beneficial/interesting for forum members to share their age...I will leave it up to the admins to decide if appropriate but I for one think that it will give us all a great glimpse into our collective profile!

AS FAR AS AGE GOES I LIKE TO FOLLOW THESE EXAMPLES FROM THE LATE, GREAT GROUCHO MARX...

1. You're only as old as the women you feel!
2. "I've got the brain of a fourteen year old...And he was glad to get rid of it!!!"

'Nuf said,
Andy.

AS FAR AS AGE GOES I LIKE TO FOLLOW THESE EXAMPLES FROM THE LATE, GREAT GROUCHO MARX...

2. "I've got the brain of a fourteen year old...And he was glad to get rid of it!!!"

'Nuf said,
Andy.

Andy,
Love the d'entendre.

Steve

'Nuf said,
Andy.

As much as I like Grocho Marx, If your quoting him you've already dated yourself.^&grin

As much as I like Grocho Marx, If your quoting him you've already dated yourself.^&grin

You may indeed have a point my point my friend...But in my old age I seem to remember it was 'GROUCHO' Marx who cracked those jokes!
All the best,
Andy.

You may indeed have a point my point my friend...But in my old age I seem to remember it was 'GROUCHO' Marx who cracked those jokes!
All the best,
Andy.

Yes Andy,

I shouldn't type on my phone without my cheaters. He has to be one of the quickest wits of all time. My favorite was the response to the guy on the "you bet your life" with all the kids. " Well I like my cigar but I take it out of my mouth once in while". Him and Benny, absolute geniuses.

Yes Andy,

I shouldn't type on my phone without my cheaters. He has to be one of the quickest wits of all time. My favorite was the response to the guy on the "you bet your life" with all the kids. " Well I like my cigar but I take it out of my mouth once in while". Him and Benny, absolute geniuses.

Now you've set me a 'conundrum....When you mention the genius of 'Benny' do you mean 'Jack' or 'Hill'..?
All the best,
Andy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back