Future of TMTerrain (1 Viewer)

attic_david

Private 2
Some of you may have heard that TMTerrain has lost the JJD dealership so we can no buy his figures from John. Mark and I were very disappointed when John told us and it dramatically effects our business. John's ranges made up around half of our toy soldier sales and his monthly release schedule helped a great deal with cash flow. Now that this has gone and the fact that the terrain side of the business is going from strength to strength, we have decided to stop selling toy soldiers altogether.
We have arranged for the new JJD dealer to buy all our John Jenkins stock from us so from Monday evening we will be stopping the sale of John’s figures altogether.
We also have stocks of First Legion, Collectors Showcase and W Britains. We plan to sell these off at 20% discount from today. Our web site still has the full prices listed but we will sort that out over the next couple of days. If you do want anything then ring us so we can sort it out over the phone. When the prices are done on the web site then you can buy using our online store as normal.
The web site lists what we have in stock. Items will disappear off the site as we sell them and that will be it so if you want a deal on First Legion, Collectors or Britains get in touch with us quickly.
We expect to sell off the last of our stock at the Birmingham and London shows before Christmas so you will also be able to see us there.
Finally, although TMTerrain will no longer be selling toy soldiers once we have sold off our stock, this does not affect the terrain building. Mark and I set up the company about 10 years ago to make terrain so we will have really just done a full circle but we now have all that experience under our belt and the dioramas we are making just get better and better. We plan to be around for many years to come.
May we take this opportunity to thank all our customers over the last 4 years. It has been great fun selling toy soldiers to you. We hope we did a good job for you. Hopefully we will continue to see you and talk to you when you want a diorama.
Regards

David and mark
TMTerrain

Surely, no new venture could sell more of his products than you guys did. Very strange IMO. My best to both of you
Best Wishes
Mitch

Sorry to hear the news David, I have only bought First Legion through the web site, but have had a few dios made by you all, and must say you guys are top notch!!!!!!! first rate service, and friendly to deal with, so hope the dio part continues to thrive and look forward to our next adventure!!!...Sammy

David and Mark,

I'm sorry about the change in your business. Reading how you both are publically handling this, I can only say "what a class act." I wish you all the best.

Steve

David and Mark,

You make some of the best building and dioramas I've encountered in the hobby, and I wish you continued success in your endeavor.

Yes I must say I was very sorry when I heard this , however the quality and skill you guys produce in terrain modelling will I know ensure you have continued success in the future, I wish you great luck and will swing by your tables in December and see what's happening with you.

Cheers

Rob

Unbelievable news to say the least! :mad: Especially since you guys have done such a magnificent job promoting and selling Jenkins’s figures here in the UK.

I wish you both all the best for your future endeavours and hope to see you at the December show in London. :smile2:

Jeff

I echo what Jeff says....:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Very disappointed with this news and can't believe what JJD has done. TMTerrain has done an excellent job in promoting and selling JJD figures in the UK and elsewhere. It will be interesting to find out why Mr Jenkins has decided upon this course of action and will he be there in December with this "new" company.

So are price rises install for the future?:mad:

I wish TMTerrain all the best in the future and will have to have a chat soon with David about a Wall.:)

Good luck Mark and David and thank you for your excellent service and the chats at the show. At least it will save me money as I won't now wilt in front of your stall.........

Andy

Changing a dealer is not a decision made lightly and as John is a thoughtful person, I'm sure there are reasons, financial or otherwise, to which we are not privy (and which, candidly, we do not need to be privy to, as this is between John Jenkins, and Mark and David) as to why this decision was made.

I echo some of the sentiments here. Really sorry to hear that this ends TMs TS branch of the business. David and Mark are great guys and I've no doubt this has come as a real blow to them.

As the proud owner of a couple of TMs terrain pieces, I hope that this line helps fill some of the business void, and wish them every deserved success with this.

I'll look forward to watching Andy 'wilt' (snap like a dried twig / collapse like a cheap deckchair / wilt like a 3 week old lettuce - delete as applicable), over your dio pieces at London instead.

All the very best guys,
Simon

I am sure though it will come out as things do in this hobby but, it does look rather strange and not very classy at all
Mitch

Changing a dealer is not a decision made lightly and as John is a thoughtful person, I'm sure there are reasons, financial or otherwise, to which we are not privy (and which, candidly, we do not need to be privy to, as this is between John Jenkins, and Mark and David) as to why this decision was made.

I think it is a shame that Mark and David will not be selling TS anymore - they are great guys.

I am glad that they will be continuing with the dio's :smile2::smile2:

As to JJD - do not dispute his right to do as he sees fit in terms of who sells his product - but what a way to treat your 'friends' and the people who have helped launch your product in the UK :mad::mad::mad:

Gazza

At the end of the day it is John's decision, lets just say I am disappointed at the decision...for whatever reason it was made.

I think the London show will miss the TM Terrain as was (Although they'll still be there with Dioramas)....What better way to display, show off to their best, toy soldiers than on purpose made terrain that changed at each show......

Pete

Gentlemen,

John Jenkins is one of the best, most honourable, and nicest people I have met in this hobby. There are a number of legitimate reasons why John would make the decision he made. I for one, am going to wait to hear John's "reason why" before getting angry or condemning anyone involved.

Thats your opinion but, it has left several with a rather bad taste from all the communications that has gone on. These guys do seem to sell a lot of his products and seems its not their decision so, wonder what the new lot will bring to the party that will do more??? Good job TM did such a good job promoting this honourable mans products that he feels he can pull the plug so easily.
Mitch

Gentlemen,

John Jenkins is one of the best, most honourable, and nicest people I have met in this hobby. There are a number of legitimate reasons why John would make the decision he made. I for one, am going to wait to hear John's "reason why" before getting angry or condemning anyone involved.

Thats your opinion but, it has left several with a rather bad taste from all the communications that has gone on. These guys do seem to sell a lot of his products and seems its not their decision so, wonder what the new lot will bring to the party that will do more??? Good job TM did such a good job promoting this honourable mans products that he feels he can pull the plug so easily.
Mitch

None of us, unless we have some intimate knowledge, know what really happened and frankly as consumers it really shouldn't matter who is selling product.

Things are never as they seem and this idle speculation hardly helps either organization.

None of us, unless we have some intimate knowledge, know what really happened and frankly as consumers it really shouldn't matter who is selling product.

Things are never as they seem and this idle speculation hardly helps either organization.

As Brad pointed out, until we get the whole story, any conclusions we reach are speculation.

There are three principals to this transaction: TM Terrain, John Jenkins and the new UK distributor. Until we get all three accounts, it is impossible to know what really happened.

As Brad pointed out, until we get the whole story, any conclusions we reach are speculation.

There are three principals to this transaction: TM Terrain, John Jenkins and the new UK distributor. Until we get all three accounts, it is impossible to know what really happened.

I am sorry to say, but we all do have no right to expect these individual reasons... and it would be not a good style for one of the three "actors" to tell us this; so we will hear nothing about this, and - this is the right way!

I see a few guys on here haging John out to dry here pretty quick...with no facts in hand...

nobody seems to know anything except that they are both parting amicably...

both sides seem like class acts from the verbage I have read from them...

I'm not privy to any facts as to why this happened...

like Sgt. Schultz says..."I know nothing"...

but I'm not jumping the gun and pointing fingers as to who is the bad guy...if there even is a bad guy...

I'm sure JJ has his own reasons for this move...it's his business...he's a "straight up guy" from my dealings with him...I have never known him to cheat, abuse or take advantage of anyone...in fact I have found him just the opposite in my dealings with him...I sometimes think he lets dealers take advantage of him...

a few people are posting insinuations on here that this move is a negative reflection on John...if anybody has any info they would like to share to justify these comments...a reason that John is the bad guy...

not speculation on their part...not because they are friends with TM...not cause they don't like John...

but some cold hard facts as to why JJ is the bad guy in dissolving this partnership...I would love to hear them...feel free to PM with any facts if you don't want to post publicly...

could be any number of reasons they parted company...I don't know the facts...John has rules...he's the boss...perhaps neither will ever disclose the reason for parting company...I hate to see John get blamed with no facts available...

I remember K&C dropped some dealers a few months ago...was he a bad guy too?

Wonder where the idle speculation is???? We know TMT sold a lot of his products. we know they did well to promote JJD from what it was to what it is now. We know that a new dealer in the UK will distribute JJD. These are facts. I asked what a new dealer could do better??

So this is a rather valid question and not idle speculation from those also as quick to side with JJD. Obviously, its created more interest and discussion in the UK than it has in the US but, thats down to the fact that most of us know the lads at TMT.
Mitch

Users who are viewing this thread

Back