Have a good time as I enjoy myself with my displays (2 Viewers)

A couple of weeks ago I visited a friend and fellow collector who lives in regional city south of here and saw many of his dioramas that were on exhibition in the Regional Museum as a lead into ANZAC Day this weekend.

Chris is a retired architect and makes some beautiful dioramas, but he cant' paint 'little people' so that's were I help out with my painting skills.

I was particularly taken with this one of a Signals Troop from WW1 using John Eden figures that I had painted:

WW1 Dio.jpg

I said that I'd love to see the same building with my Napoleonic figures in it, and he smiled :)

This week, when he visited me here in the city, he brought me a similar diorama his had made especially for me, so i have added some K&C Naps just to show it off ...

Nap Dio.jpg

It's sure nice to have a friend like this !!!!!

John

thank you for post them John, very nice dios. I believe that having the opportunity to engage in a such creative and fulfilling hobby is good for the body and soul, mainly in a dark period like the one we are going through.
Cheers

The dioramas are terrific, John!:salute:: I know you are partial to the Napoleonics, but the Signal Corps Pigeoneers are fantastic!

A couple of weeks ago I visited a friend and fellow collector who lives in regional city south of here and saw many of his dioramas that were on exhibition in the Regional Museum as a lead into ANZAC Day this weekend.

Chris is a retired architect and makes some beautiful dioramas, but he cant' paint 'little people' so that's were I help out with my painting skills.

I was particularly taken with this one of a Signals Troop from WW1 using John Eden figures that I had painted:

I said that I'd love to see the same building with my Napoleonic figures in it, and he smiled :)

This week, when he visited me here in the city, he brought me a similar diorama his had made especially for me, so i have added some K&C Naps just to show it off ...

It's sure nice to have a friend like this !!!!!

John

Great diorama John! What set number is the Old Guard who is cooking? I don't think that I've seen that one before.

Brendan

Great diorama John! What set number is the Old Guard who is cooking? I don't think that I've seen that one before.

Brendan

He was a special figure released in 2018 if you bought a certain value of troops from K&C in HK. Howard managed to get this one for me :)

NAcampfire chef 2018.jpg

I'd like to see more poses like this in all armies, so that this sort of setup can me produced. The 7th Hussars relaxing is a great set of figures.

John

He was a special figure released in 2018 if you bought a certain value of troops from K&C in HK. Howard managed to get this one for me :)

View attachment 274521

I'd like to see more poses like this in all armies, so that this sort of setup can me produced. The 7th Hussars relaxing is a great set of figures.

John

Thanks John! I must have missed that back in 2018. I'll have to take a look on eBay. It's a nice piece.

Brendan

my last two French Houses, hoping you like
cheers
Carlo

Attachments

• LIBRAIRIE ET CHAUSSURES 01.jpg
    LIBRAIRIE ET CHAUSSURES 01.jpg
    457.4 KB · Views: 269
  • LIBRAIRIE ET CHAUSSURES 02.jpg
    LIBRAIRIE ET CHAUSSURES 02.jpg
    454.6 KB · Views: 281
I have had the pleasure to build some French buildings for a Forum Collector (Semperrandyfi) wishing to set up a World War I Diorama, one of these items is a double-façade building with an Inn on one side and a Coal Seller on the other side.
These are some pictures with the completed building.
Enjoy
Carlo

Attachments

• MARCHAND DE BOIS 12.jpg
    MARCHAND DE BOIS 12.jpg
    305.4 KB · Views: 266
  • MARCHAND DE BOIS 13.jpg
    MARCHAND DE BOIS 13.jpg
    300 KB · Views: 272
  • MARCHAND DE BOIS 14.jpg
    MARCHAND DE BOIS 14.jpg
    295.2 KB · Views: 259
and some more
cheers

Attachments

• MARCHAND DE BOIS 16.jpg
    MARCHAND DE BOIS 16.jpg
    295 KB · Views: 314
  • MARCHAND DE BOIS 17.jpg
    MARCHAND DE BOIS 17.jpg
    298.7 KB · Views: 302
  • MARCHAND DE BOIS 18.jpg
    MARCHAND DE BOIS 18.jpg
    300.9 KB · Views: 300
Exquisite work Carlo! The photos are wonderful, and I could look at them all day. My favorite structure is the half tudor style, half stone two story house at the end of the street. The coal and wood shop is a masterpiece. I love the design, construction and painting. Your customer is certain to be very pleased with these beauties! Thanks for sharing the photos. They are a great escape, and they are very inspirational.

All the best to you,
Joe

two other buildings for the French Town setting
happy Mid-August Day,
cheers

Attachments

• SERVICE D'INCENDIE 08.jpg
    SERVICE D'INCENDIE 08.jpg
    323.5 KB · Views: 282
  • SERVICE D'INCENDIE 09.jpg
    SERVICE D'INCENDIE 09.jpg
    316.9 KB · Views: 282