Heco Tinplate Models (6 Viewers)

It arrived today . . . I will take some photos of the FT17 and my other Heco Allied WWI armor and post them later or tomorrow.:smile2:

As promised, a sampling of my Heco WWI Armor and Artillery on a diorama setting. The photos depict the new Renault FT17 Tankette (with both larger tanks and a 54mm Heco Tank Commander to provide scale), along with one of my Rolls Royce Armored Cars (with a crewman loading spare tires and other supplies), two Mark IV Tanks, a Mark I tank, and an 8 inch Howitzer with a crewman setting it up to provide artillery support when the tanks advance:

Attachments

• Heco Renault FT17 Diorama 1.JPG
    Heco Renault FT17 Diorama 1.JPG
    143.7 KB · Views: 390
  • Heco Renault FT17 Diorama 2.JPG
    Heco Renault FT17 Diorama 2.JPG
    156.5 KB · Views: 385
  • Heco Renault FT17 Diorama 3.JPG
    Heco Renault FT17 Diorama 3.JPG
    134.7 KB · Views: 341
  • Heco Renault FT17 Diorama 4.JPG
    Heco Renault FT17 Diorama 4.JPG
    138 KB · Views: 390
A couple of more photos . . .

Attachments

• Heco Renault FT17 Diorama 5.JPG
    Heco Renault FT17 Diorama 5.JPG
    137.2 KB · Views: 399
  • Heco Renault FT17 Diorama 6.JPG
    Heco Renault FT17 Diorama 6.JPG
    156.7 KB · Views: 407
Louis, you have a real nice armored column there. Heco makes really fine looking armor to go with the aircraft. Congrats on the Renault. -- Al

Didn't find any Heco Tinplate Models at the OTSN, but I met Heco's original United States distributor, a dentist from Florida. We exchanged cards, and I hope to catch up with him and pick his brains (and maybe even try to get copies of more old catalogues, flyers and price lists).:wink2:

Thanks to our friend Alex, I have picked up a nice Heco General Service Truck in desert markings. The truck is depicted on a King & Country desert diorama, alongside a Heco Tinplate Models crewman from a Rolls Royce Armored Car:

Attachments

• Heco Desert Truck 1.JPG
    Heco Desert Truck 1.JPG
    128.2 KB · Views: 341
  • Heco Desert Truck 2.JPG
    Heco Desert Truck 2.JPG
    121.9 KB · Views: 350
  • Heco Desert Truck 3.JPG
    Heco Desert Truck 3.JPG
    135 KB · Views: 376
Didn't find any Heco Tinplate Models at the OTSN, but I met Heco's original United States distributor, a dentist from Florida. We exchanged cards, and I hope to catch up with him and pick his brains (and maybe even try to get copies of more old catalogues, flyers and price lists).:wink2:

I sent an e-mail to Heco's original U.S. Distributor today. Hoping to gain some valuable intel on the full extent of Heco production.:wink2:

Thanks to Louis, there are obviously no Heco airplanes left in the world today for sale....Someday in the far future, a toy archeologist will be digging up his house and realize how much a hoarder he really was...^&grin Michael

Thanks to Louis, there are obviously no Heco airplanes left in the world today for sale....Someday in the far future, a toy archeologist will be digging up his house and realize how much a hoarder he really was...^&grin Michael

Now, now Michael . . . if you are that desperate for a Heco fix, PM me, and I will let you have one of my duplicates!:rolleyes2:

Never say never . . . Today I was bemoaning the fact that I'd missed bidding on two items I needed to fill out sets. Was browsing eBay I found . . . the Holy Grail! A HECO ten-wheeler army recovery vehicle with the fusilage of an RAF biplane in mint condition! Buy-it-now . . . for $35!!!! Needless to say I held my breathe as my aged fingers punched the keys. And I got it! Huzzah! Huzzah!

Bosun Al

Never say never . . . Today I was bemoaning the fact that I'd missed bidding on two items I needed to fill out sets. Was browsing eBay I found . . . the Holy Grail! A HECO ten-wheeler army recovery vehicle with the fusilage of an RAF biplane in mint condition! Buy-it-now . . . for $35!!!! Needless to say I held my breathe as my aged fingers punched the keys. And I got it! Huzzah! Huzzah!

Bosun Al

Awesome, Al!^&cool^&cool^&cool^&cool Couldn't happen to a nicer guy!:smile2:

I got lucky and picked up a different Heco Outhouse (this one has "The Ritz" written on the door) as well as some terrific Heco accessories, including oil drums, ammunition boxes, etc. on ebay this afternoon. Got outbid on another Nissen Hut, and there was also a Red Baron Fokker DR1 Triplane. which I passed on. Photos to follow upon receipt.:wink2:

I got lucky and picked up a different Heco Outhouse (this one has "The Ritz" written on the door) as well as some terrific Heco accessories, including oil drums, ammunition boxes, etc. on ebay this afternoon. Got outbid on another Nissen Hut, and there was also a Red Baron Fokker DR1 Triplane. which I passed on. Photos to follow upon receipt.:wink2:

The new Heco arrived today, and I found out from the seller that they came from a lot in a Wallis & Wallis auction in November. I looked up the auction on line and haven't stopped kicking myself since.:redface2: There was a Heco WWI Hot Air Balloon Diorama with three Heco Figures, one in the basket for the balloon, one holding the ropes and one observing, as well as a Heco De Haviland Tiger Moth, both of which I would have bid way more than they sold for, as well as a Heco Mark IV WWI Tank and DH2 Pusher Plane.:mad: Looks like yet another auction site I have to keep an eye on!:wink2:

I am trying to attach a photo of the WWI Balloon set, I hope it works:

Attachments

• Heco Balloon Diorama.jpg
    Heco Balloon Diorama.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 212
I am trying to attach a photo of the WWI Balloon set, I hope it works:

Lovely set Louis :salute::Now that balloon would look very nice with a Naval Brigade crew operating it in the South African veld :wink2: ^&grin

Merry Christmas

Martyn:)

Lovely set Louis :salute::Now that balloon would look very nice with a Naval Brigade crew operating it in the South African veld :wink2: ^&grin

Merry Christmas

Martyn:)

Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones, Martyn!:smile2:

Boy do I wish I had found that auction a month earlier . . . you can bet dollars to donuts that Balloon would have been my Christmas present to me!:eek:

Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones, Martyn!:smile2:

Boy do I wish I had found that auction a month earlier . . . you can bet dollars to donuts that Balloon would have been my Christmas present to me!:eek:

Louis,
Happy Holidays to you and family! That balloon looks great, that gives you something to search for! By the way, finally sending out the Heco Recovery Vehicle to you Thursday, so box mine up and the switcheroo shall commence! Thanks again,
Tom

Louis,

Look at invaluable.com. This is an auction site that tracks auctions from a lot of auction houses. You can have them send you alerts on Heco.

Brad

Louis,
Happy Holidays to you and family! That balloon looks great, that gives you something to search for! By the way, finally sending out the Heco Recovery Vehicle to you Thursday, so box mine up and the switcheroo shall commence! Thanks again,
Tom

I'm sending out a package to Clive tomorrow. I will box yours up too. Happy Holidays!:smile2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back