Heco Tinplate Models (2 Viewers)

Wow! That’s such an amazing collection. Thanks for sharing it with us

Dave

My pleasure Dave! Once this Covid mess is over, if you ever get up to New York, I would love to show the collection to you in person.:salute::

Louis

Some photos of the Heco Tinplate Models I am still after:

Lanchester Armored Car
attachment.php

WWI German Gunboat
attachment.php

Supermarine S6B Schneider Trophy Winner and/or Mobile Pigeon Loft (both at bottom of photo)
attachment.php

Gee Bee Racer

attachment.php

Barrage Balloon (1:32 or 1:64)
attachment.php

Sturmpanzercraftwagon A7V (WWI German Tank)

attachment.php

Siemans Schukert

Any of the odd, cartoonish Viking, Knight or Pilot figures
attachment.php

Any of the 1:64 scale Heco Planes, buildings or other models
attachment.php

attachment.php

Thanks to a tip from our good friend Mark (Saxon Lions), I was able to pick up three wonderful, late production, highly detailed Heco Tinplate Models, an FE2b 2-seater pusher plane fighter, a Royal Aircraft Factory RE 8, a two seater light bomber/reconaissance plane I did not even know Heco had made (possibly a custom commission), and a highly detailed late production single-seater Bleriot Monoplane. In this post are photos of the FE2b:

Attachments

• 1 Auctions Heco 1 (2).jpg
    1 Auctions Heco 1 (2).jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 234
  • 1 Auctions Heco 2 (2).jpg
    1 Auctions Heco 2 (2).jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 252
  • 1 Auctions Heco 3 (2).jpg
    1 Auctions Heco 3 (2).jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 242
  • 1 Auctions Heco 4 (2).jpg
    1 Auctions Heco 4 (2).jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 246
Here are some shots of the RE 8:

Attachments

• 1 Auctions Heco 5 (2).jpg
    1 Auctions Heco 5 (2).jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 252
  • 1 Auctions Heco 6 (2).jpg
    1 Auctions Heco 6 (2).jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 264
  • 1 Auctions Heco 7 (2).jpg
    1 Auctions Heco 7 (2).jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 234
  • 1 Auctions Heco 8 (2).jpg
    1 Auctions Heco 8 (2).jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 253
And the Bleriot Monoplane:

Attachments

• 1 Auctions Heco 9 (2).jpg
    1 Auctions Heco 9 (2).jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 263
  • 1 Auctions Heco 10 (2).jpg
    1 Auctions Heco 10 (2).jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 256
  • 1 Auctions Heco 11 (2).jpg
    1 Auctions Heco 11 (2).jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 261
They are beautiful Louis, you must be over the moon getting these for your collection.

They are beautiful Louis, you must be over the moon getting these for your collection.

Yes, Matt, I am absolutely thrilled to get them. I very briefly had the FE2b in my home, when I was buying a collection to divide with three other collectors (the FE2b went to our good friend Clive Gande, whose grandfather actually was the gunner in one during WW1). I never would have gotten them without the help of Mark. He found them listed only as "collector's WWI" Fe2b, Bleriot, etc., and recognized them as Heco Tinplate Models. He sent me a PM about them, and, as he only collects WWI Saxon Aces' aircraft, told me to go get them. Because the seller did not list them as Heco Tinplate Models, there was very little competition, and I got all three for less than what I would expect to pay for one Heco plane.

Louis, those are really well done models, very detailed and pretty accurate. The RE-8 is particularly nice. Congratulations on such a fine buy. -- Al

I am glad you got them Louis they are really magnificent. I was just disappointed that the seller had nothing that would fit into my collection. He had a really beautiful Halberstadt CLIV, but unfortunately it was not HECO or indeed even metal so I had to reluctantly turn it down.

I am glad you got them Louis they are really magnificent. I was just disappointed that the seller had nothing that would fit into my collection. He had a really beautiful Halberstadt CLIV, but unfortunately it was not HECO or indeed even metal so I had to reluctantly turn it down.

Mark,

When I find any German Heco planes, I will try to return the favor by giving you right of first refusal. I really cannot thank you enough for your kindness in passing along this opportunity to me.

Happy Holidays!

Louis

I picked up another, different, Heco Nissan Hut for my airfield display:

Attachments

• 1 Heco Nissan Hut 1 (2).jpg
    1 Heco Nissan Hut 1 (2).jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 310
  • 1 Heco Nissan Hut 2 (2).jpg
    1 Heco Nissan Hut 2 (2).jpg
    74 KB · Views: 287

Thanks to both Mark (Saxon lions), who passed the opportunity on to me, and Clive (Lurchio) who took thyem from the seller in the UK, packed them up to his usual high standards, and safely shipped them to me, the three magnificent Heco aircraft are sitting on the island in my kitchen (I only hope they survive my son carrying them upstairs, with my back out, I still can't climb the stairs):

Attachments

• 1 1914 Heco Planes 5.jpg
    1 1914 Heco Planes 5.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 226
  • 1 1914 Heco Planes 4.jpg
    1 1914 Heco Planes 4.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 260
  • 1 1914 Heco Planes 2.jpg
    1 1914 Heco Planes 2.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 243
  • 1 1914 Heco Planes 3.jpg
    1 1914 Heco Planes 3.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 255
Louis,

I should have known you were responsible for this Nissen Hut not landing at my Base Of OPS. Nice shooting!

Hang Tough,
Marc
Marc,

Merry belated Christmas brother! PM me your address and I will happily send it on to you.

Also, there are several Heco Tinplate Models for sale on eBay from our friend Joe Sabine, including a Truck carrying an aircraft fuselage, a Rolls Royce Armored Car and a British pusher plane. I’m not bidding so go get em guys!

Marc,

Merry belated Christmas brother! PM me your address and I will happily send it on to you.

Also, there are several Heco Tinplate Models for sale on eBay from our friend Joe Sabine, including a Truck carrying an aircraft fuselage, a Rolls Royce Armored Car and a British pusher plane. I’m not bidding so go get em guys!

Louis,

Very kind of you! However, it belongs in your collection without a doubt! I had not seen that one before. Thankfully, the others items are WW I related so I get to pass and not cross the self imposed prohibited red collection DMZ line. Belated holiday wishes to you and your family as well.

Best,
Marc

Hi Louis

Glad the Heco planes arrived safely.

I did not see the Joe Sabine lots ''including a Truck carrying an aircraft fuselage, a Rolls Royce Armored Car and a British pusher plane''. on Ebay have they already gone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back