Here comes the Takeda Calvary!!! (2 Viewers)

Shadowfax

Private 2
I paid a visit to our fabulous local Toy Soldier store today and saw the famed FL Takeda Samurai Horsemen on display. The stock just came in today.

Great stuff!!{sm3}

IMG_1515.JPG

IMG_1516.JPG

I got all six of them. Unable to hold myself back.{sm4}

Hahahaha, i got one for my bro's b'day gift and i must agree, the Takeda Calvary is a work of art. I was there too, would have seen you had i stayed longer hahaha.

Hahahaha, i got one for my bro's b'day gift and i must agree, the Takeda Calvary is a work of art. I was there too, would have seen you had i stayed longer hahaha.

Hahaha hey phoong, ya could have bump into you. Which piece did you get for your bro?
Now I am digging in for end of the year.. Till the bulge series arrive.
:smile2:

Hahaha hey phoong, ya could have bump into you. Which piece did you get for your bro?
Now I am digging in for end of the year.. Till the bulge series arrive.
:smile2:

I bought the "SAM021 Mounted Samurai Charging with Yari and Sashimono - Takeda Clan", the Samurai in red, the detail is excellent, has a very different feel from KnC of which is still 99% of my collection. My bro loves the figure and said it looked much better seeing first hand than online. I wasn't sure on buying till i saw the figures, it's an excellent piece, hope to see dioramas of them soon, heard from Daniel it's sold out worldwide.

I bought the "SAM021 Mounted Samurai Charging with Yari and Sashimono - Takeda Clan", the Samurai in red, the detail is excellent, has a very different feel from KnC of which is still 99% of my collection. My bro loves the figure and said it looked much better seeing first hand than online. I wasn't sure on buying till i saw the figures, it's an excellent piece, hope to see dioramas of them soon, heard from Daniel it's sold out worldwide.

Hey SAM021 happens to be my favorite piece too among the 6{sm4}the little dragon crest on his helmet looks superb.
First legion indeed have a different feel compared to K&C. They are charming in their own different ways. 80% of my collection is K&C now and 20% FL. Basically for FL now, I only collect Glory of Rome and Age of the samurai ranges.
Somehow for WW2, it is K&C for me all the way.
Daniel bought a full set of the 6 takeda horsemen for himself too.^&grin

Gosh Darn it Shadowfax, you had to post those awesome figures huh?? {sm3} They are quite sharp!! Congratulations on the fantastic score!! Definately tempting me to take a short breather from Rome!!

Yep, these photos reel me in as well. Right after finishing my ancient German tribe, though.

G'day Shadowfax,

They certainly are works of art! Will be stopping over in Singapore in October. Could you give me the name and address of the store where you purchased these please?

Thanks.

Congrats Shadowfax! What a mighty haul and a HUGE score!!!! The mounted Samurai look fantastic....and you got them all in one day!!!{eek3}
That must have been quite a rush. Have you been able to peel your eyes away from them yet?!?! Thanks for sharing the pics and congrats again on such a big day...you must be so stoked!:)

Joe

G'day Shadowfax,

They certainly are works of art! Will be stopping over in Singapore in October. Could you give me the name and address of the store where you purchased these please?

Thanks.

PM sent to you. Enjoy your stay.:)

Congrats Shadowfax! What a mighty haul and a HUGE score!!!! The mounted Samurai look fantastic....and you got them all in one day!!!{eek3}
That must have been quite a rush. Have you been able to peel your eyes away from them yet?!?! Thanks for sharing the pics and congrats again on such a big day...you must be so stoked!:)

Joe

I have been waiting for FL to release the mounted samurais for over a year. So when it finally comes. There is little room for hesitation. ^&grin

They are excellent pieces and I am lost for words.{sm4}

I have been waiting for FL to release the mounted samurais for over a year. So when it finally comes. There is little room for hesitation. ^&grin

So shadowfax, when is ur diorama coming up? :)

They sure do look amazing...a collection all onto their own. Congrats again on the fine acquisition.

Joe

IMG_0250.JPG

Once my stuff from JG are in, then i can do a diorama. Takeda Horsemen charging the ODA defense line at Nagashino.:smile2:

View attachment 103074

Once my stuff from JG are in, then i can do a diorama. Takeda Horsemen charging the ODA defense line at Nagashino.:smile2:

That looks really cool , reminds me of Washington DC in the springtime {bravo}} the trees that is :wink2: . This is a GREAT line too bad I just can't collect them all . That's what's great about forums you get to see all the lines , and even if you can't collect them you get to enjoy them . Thanks for sharing your photo's .. Regards Gebhard

Users who are viewing this thread

Back