I see the Divine Hadrian has deciided to get on with the Bypass at long last ! (1 Viewer)

Horus

Brigadier General
Yes, but what about the road widening, not to mention the potholes !

27.jpg25.jpg26.jpg

Steve

Wow steve, totally original and inspiring.
i love that celtic hut....!

best
Andrew
:salute::

Wow steve, totally original and inspiring.
i love that celtic hut....!

best
Andrew

Cheers Andrew !
Glad you like, not sure if the commentary is from the two women or the sheep !:tongue:
A right mixture of manufacturers in the pics and the great looking Celtic hut is by JG Miniatures. Meant for 54mm but it goes okay with 60mm figures too as you can see.

Steve

"Don't worry about the bypass get on with the fxxxxxx wall" ^&grin

Excellent idea for a picture Steve

Stay safe

Martyn
:)

"Don't worry about the bypass get on with the fxxxxxx wall" ^&grin

Excellent idea for a picture Steve

Stay safe

Martyn
:)

Probably have to have a glass of vino and a siesta first !:tongue:

Kudos for this inspired “non battlefield” setup, and thanks for sharing :D

Niels

Just be thankful we are not pushing down your house. Lots of interesting accessories Steve. Robin.

Yes, but what about the road widening, not to mention the potholes !

Steve

Steve;

Very nice scene !
You can almost hear the commotion caused by so much traffic...probably had a nice quiet farm before the road went in.

Thank you for posting.

Steve;

Very nice scene !
You can almost hear the commotion caused by so much traffic...probably had a nice quiet farm before the road went in.

Thank you for posting.

I expect some one will spot the business opportunity of the site though and turn the farm into an Inn ! ^&grin

Steve

It’s a really great scene. I love seeing the mounted auxiliary, make me feel like getting mine out of storage
jas

Well done. Great concept. It must been both amazing and intrusive to see what the Romans could build. Probably no building permits needed eh?

Steve

Excellent, see below for 3 postcards i picked up from the Roman Army Muesum. It is a great place to visit, on sunny days it is beautiful, on wet and rainy days it is challenging but rewarding and at those times when you are up on the wall around one of the Milecastles, such as Milecastle 42, see below, when the light is fading and you are between night and day you feel even thou you are your own there is something or someone else with you, there is a ghost legend around this and many of the milecastles. However, you can see the Milecastle Pub on the in the B6318 road just over 1580 yards away and that pint is calling, as well as proper pub grub and after the walk you deserve it.

Attachments

• IMG_1000.JPG
    IMG_1000.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_1001.JPG
    IMG_1001.JPG
    33.5 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_1002.JPG
    IMG_1002.JPG
    64.8 KB · Views: 135
  • tumblr_ne6rkogrnc1rgfuxjo2_r1_640.jpg
    tumblr_ne6rkogrnc1rgfuxjo2_r1_640.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 137
It’s a really great scene. I love seeing the mounted auxiliary, make me feel like getting mine out of storage
jas

Thanks ! :salute::

John did a great job on the Auxiliaries, be nice if he came back and did another couple of non combat sets.

Steve

Well done. Great concept. It must been both amazing and intrusive to see what the Romans could build. Probably no building permits needed eh?

Steve

Cheers Steve !:salute::

Higher up in the pecking order of things the more money and favours spoke I imagine, and unless you were at least a Roman citizen which up until Caracalla in the early third Century most people weren't you didn't really have a voice. Caracalla wasn't being magnanimous by making free born men citizens, he was after raising more cash through taxes ! {sm2}

Steve

Steve,

Very creative scene! Great job!!

Mark

Thanks very much Mark ! :salute::

Steve

Excellent, see below for 3 postcards i picked up from the Roman Army Muesum. It is a great place to visit, on sunny days it is beautiful, on wet and rainy days it is challenging but rewarding and at those times when you are up on the wall around one of the Milecastles, such as Milecastle 42, see below, when the light is fading and you are between night and day you feel even thou you are your own there is something or someone else with you, there is a ghost legend around this and many of the milecastles. However, you can see the Milecastle Pub on the in the B6318 road just over 1580 yards away and that pint is calling, as well as proper pub grub and after the walk you deserve it.

Cheers !:salute::

Glad you enjoyed it.
Yes those guarding the frontier were hardy men for sure !

Steve

Well done. Great scene. Love the mixture of different manufacturers

When i visited it was snowy, dark and cold and i felt like the Ancient Romans and Celts were with me. I would love to walk the wall one day

Users who are viewing this thread

Back