Indian Mutiny (1 Viewer)

set# m2 - 52nd regiment of foot

new reinforcements to beef up the firing line

cheers

martyn:)
hi martyn, i am surfing this thread because a couple of days ago i was unpacking and to my surprise i found a
box of toy soldiers and inside was this set. I don't remember buying this m2 set and also in the box was a set of sepoys firing and an m1 set charging. It was quite a joyful find and in my own house. I must have bought these in chicago a few years back because there were three sets of little legion french napoleonic engineers that were pretty cool too. I sugest to all treefroggers to go thru there old boxes and check things out because you don't want to throw anything out by accident

hi martyn, i am surfing this thread because a couple of days ago i was unpacking and to my surprise i found a
box of toy soldiers and inside was this set. I don't remember buying this m2 set and also in the box was a set of sepoys firing and an m1 set charging. It was quite a joyful find and in my own house. I must have bought these in chicago a few years back because there were three sets of little legion french napoleonic engineers that were pretty cool too. I sugest to all treefroggers to go thru there old boxes and check things out because you don't want to throw anything out by accident

Great find {bravo}}

Set# M2 - 52nd REGIMENT OF FOOT

New reinforcements to beef up the firing line

The INDIAN MUTINY series is one of my favourites but unfortunately Trophy only produced a few sets, A couple of years ago I asked Mike at Little Legion if he would produce a few figures for me as I think LL figures match very well with Trophy. The result can be viewed on this thread

https://forum.treefrogtreasures.com...ecials-quot-June-2016&highlight=indian+mutiny

Cheers

1857 and Gunga Dins grandfather Bungit Din volunteers as a water carrier, a job his grandson would continue in 40 years time

Cheers

Martyn:)

Martyn....

love me some Gunga Din...

So I’ll meet ’im later on
At the place where ’e is gone—
Where it’s always double drill and no canteen.
’E’ll be squattin’ on the coals
Givin’ drink to poor ****ed souls,
An’ I’ll get a swig in hell from Gunga Din!
Yes, Din! Din! Din!
You Lazarushian-leather Gunga Din!
Though I’ve belted you and flayed you,
By the livin’ Gawd that made you,
You’re a better man than I am, Gunga Din!

Gunners from the HMS LION Naval Brigade detachment prepare to load and fire a captured siege gun on the mutineers

Cheers

A missing patrol of the Rifle Brigade returns safely to camp

Rifle Brigade - Little Legion "Special commission"

All other figures - Trophy of Wales and Little Legion

Cheers

The Indian Mutiny finished with victory to the British Forces and a fearful punishment on many captured Mutineers, especially ones involved in the terrible massacre of innocent women and children at Cawnpore.

The picture below is part of a painting on view at the National Army Museum

executionofmutineers.jpg

This method of execution was not invented by the British.

Quote from Wikipedia "In India, during the Mughal rule, soldiers who committed crimes were executed by being strapped to a cannon which was then fired. This method, invented by the Mughals, was continued by the British who used it to execute native deserters and mutineers, especially after the Sepoy Mutiny of 1857."

executionofamutineer.jpg

executionofamutineera.jpg

executionofamutineerf.jpg

executionofamutineere.jpg

executionofamutineerd.jpg

executionofamutineerb.jpg

executionofamutineerc.jpg

executionofamutineerg.jpg

Mutineer from the WBritain Indian Mutiny range

Stay safe

Interesting seeing that Trophy has the gun manned by sailors ???

The painting you show has Horse Artillery, which would be correct.
The navy would have also been in tropical white or khaki uniforms ..... !!

Still it sure shows one of the historical aspects from this conflict.

John

A grim setting well portrayed. Excellent use of the wall for a background. Chris

Interesting seeing that Trophy has the gun manned by sailors ???

The painting you show has Horse Artillery, which would be correct.
The navy would have also been in tropical white or khaki uniforms ..... !!

Still it sure shows one of the historical aspects from this conflict.

John

A grim setting well portrayed. Excellent use of the wall for a background. Chris

Mercy!!!

that's pretty gruesome!

Many thanks Mike, Chris and John :salute::

Stay safe

Dramatic scene Martyn !

Good to see a note on the historical context, though the left hijacked such images years ago, putting their own spin to make out the British Empire was some dark and evil force to further their own ends of divide and rule while ignoring greater crimes that go on in these very same countries today. But no mention of that must be made !

Steve

Two Naval Brigade Mortars in action at the Siege of Delhi June - September 1857

Stay safe

Martyn
:)

Attachments

• NAVAL BRIGADE MORTAR BATTERY DELHI 2.jpg
    NAVAL BRIGADE MORTAR BATTERY DELHI 2.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 190
  • NAVAL BRIGADE MORTAR BATTERY 2_zpstzypmmet.jpg
    NAVAL BRIGADE MORTAR BATTERY 2_zpstzypmmet.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 189
  • NAVAL BRIGADE MORTAR BATTERY 3_zpsq4tkcokg.jpg
    NAVAL BRIGADE MORTAR BATTERY 3_zpsq4tkcokg.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 187
  • NAVAL BRIGADE MORTAR BATTERY   DELHI 1.jpg
    NAVAL BRIGADE MORTAR BATTERY DELHI 1.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 186
Two Naval Brigade Mortars in action at the Siege of Delhi June - September 1857

Stay safe

Martyn
:)

Nice set , not many makers make these siege mortars, and it is the first I have seen manned by sailors.

They were also mounted on ships in the Napoleonic era.

john

Impressive set up and with John's mention reminds me of the books by Patrick O'Brian and his Napoleonic naval adventures.

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back