Jagdtiger Blues (1 Viewer)

Yep, K&C No1 for me:cool:

Its funny how this hobby brings out your enthusiasm isn't it, I mean having just had the Typhoon and JT confirmed theres loads of questions I could ask Andy, but then I think no, give the guy a break!:D

Rob

Rob..

I have hundereds about the Jagdtiger and due to my interest in this AFV from childhood I would like to be a fly on the wall in their offices for a glimpse of the master
Mitch

Hate to be the wet blanket here but the JT doesn't really do anything for me. Just not in my collecting sphere but congrats to those who have been waiting for one- it is truly a beast.

Currahee...

Not a wet blanket at all everyone has their own fav's. I think the Jagdtiger and the early porsche Tiger 1 (on the elefant running gear) are the two most interesting AFV's of WWII.
Mitch

Hallaleuh, its finally here. Thanks andy, sorry i have been sabre rattling you for years on this, but what a gorgeous vehicle. Ever since i walked into the hobby chest in skokie illinois and saw the jagdtiger pictured on the bandai box i was enthralled. Way back in 1973 or 1974. So thanks again and i am sure nobody will be able to resist purchasing one.

I dunno, was looking at some pictures and info on it today....Andy C isn't the only one known for changing his mind..........;)

in truth, price point will be the deciding factor- I am more of a traditional German armor guy- Panzer IVs, Tigers, Panthers etc.

Currahee...

I know a lot of people who like general german armour I don't think this will be a hugely more expensive release than say the Tiger II its probably going to be about the same length and a little heavier so, would expect it at about tops and worst case scenario £250 GBP.

I have to say I am with Hawkeye here and a couple of others who wanted this its a very nice tank and will greatly look forward to seeing how K&C do it but, I think many others will get this for sure
Mitch

For me I can think of many other German AFV's and armoured cars I'd like to see before this beast. Size and cost are definite considerations however if the colour scheme is awesome then ofcourse a purchase of this one goes from a maybe to definitely! ;)

It could also be a SL or come under one of the lower ranges like the 250 series.

The colour scheme is quite narrow double or tri camo but, with Andy saying he had looked at many references including model mags well, in the last few months many of the bigger model mags have been running features about these AFV's including Carious' last tiger and the camo was awesome.

My only questions are Porsche or Henschel? 512 or 653? AA gun attached at the rear or not? and what chassis number? Well, I actually have lots more.

Its IMO similar to the Karls I would say this will be the only time its done, ever or, for a long long time
Mitch

I am with Mitch cant wait for this it will look amazing:D:cool:as long as it has a good camo
Regards Scott

Weighing in at over 70 tons this monster was too heavy for many bridges in Europe, first reaching their units in 1944 issued to anti Tank Battalions 512 & 653. One of its drawbacks apart from its gargantuan thirst for fuel at a time Germany was running out of it, was the amount of smoke produced when it fired its 128mm gun. Not only did this often give away its position but often blinded the crew for a short time. One can imagine this slow and bulky vehicle was a sitting Duck for Typhoons and other fighter bombers. The engine was underpowered for this AFV and this caused constant breakdowns, many more were lost to mechanical failure than were lost in Battle. Crews of the Jagdtiger also destroyed many when they could not get fuel, having said all that with that gun it could take out all Allied Tanks and had a whopping 250mm armour at the front...a huge monster and I'm thinking a must buy from K&C:cool:

Rob

Weighing in at over 70 tons this monster was too heavy for many bridges in Europe, first reaching their units in 1944 issued to anti Tank Battalions 512 & 653. One of its drawbacks apart from its gargantuan thirst for fuel at a time Germany was running out of it, was the amount of smoke produced when it fired its 128mm gun. Not only did this often give away its position but often blinded the crew for a short time. One can imagine this slow and bulky vehicle was a sitting Duck for Typhoons and other fighter bombers. The engine was underpowered for this AFV and this caused constant breakdowns, many more were lost to mechanical failure than were lost in Battle. Crews of the Jagdtiger also destroyed many when they could not get fuel, having said all that with that gun it could take out all Allied Tanks and had a whopping 250mm armour at the front...a huge monster and I'm thinking a must buy from K&C:cool:

Rob

Great overview. I can only imagine the frustration of any crew having to having to destroy their own vehicle due to lack of fuel or mechanical breakdown.
The JT is not 'my cup of tea'-but sounds like it'll fill a big void in the collector community.
I'm just glad to have the new winter Tiger coming out soon.
mike

Rob..

Its all the more remarkable at how few were made and how many were destroyed that we still have three in museums which, are near perfect and, its great we have one of them in our own country. Apparently you could hear the crack of the gun about four miles away!!! but, thats about where I would have wanted to have been if that gun was starting to turn towards me
Mitch

Great overview. I can only imagine the frustration of any crew having to having to destroy their own vehicle due to lack of fuel or mechanical breakdown.
The JT is not 'my cup of tea'-but sounds like it'll fill a big void in the collector community.
I'm just glad to have the new winter Tiger coming out soon.
mike

Thanks Mike, I agree, not good for morale having to destroy your own vehicle.

Rob..

Its all the more remarkable at how few were made and how many were destroyed that we still have three in museums which, are near perfect and, its great we have one of them in our own country. Apparently you could hear the crack of the gun about four miles away!!! but, thats about where I would have wanted to have been if that gun was starting to turn towards me
Mitch

Fully agree Mitch, but at least you'd have time to move in the opposite direction. Like the Jagdpanther it had limited traverse on its gun so they had to turn the whole thing, so you'd have time to start running!

Rob

This is great news, although before I purchase this beast, I will have to reinforce my shelving!!! Alby

Hi Guys,

I do indeed remember “Hawkeye” asking about a Jagdtiger at the Chicago Treefrog Dinner the year before last… At the time I did say I didn’t think K&C would be doing it… but then..

What happens in this great little hobby and business of ours is that I do change my mind… or have it changed for me!

Here’s how… As many of you know, here at K&C HQ we have a huge reference library of books, magazines, DVD’s and much more. Anyway, one day I’m casually perusing some model magazines (plastic kit not girlie) when I come across an amazing set of pictures of a Jagdtiger in a terrific colour scheme. “Now that”, I thought, “looks awesome”.

At a production meeting a few days later I showed the photos around and got a very encouraging response from the gang. And so, one thing led to another and now the mighty JT is in the schedule and already “master-built” and cast in metal, polystone and resin.

It still has to be “master-painted” and “counter-sampled” and “costed”. However, it is there… it is happening and I thankyou all for your patience and perseverance.

See, Andy does listen (even when he thinks he isn’t).
Best wishes and happy collecting!

Andy.......Will it look like this one??;)
TamiyaJagdtiger.jpg

Last edited:
Vezzolf...

Hope these will do of the Jagdtiger
Mitch

Attachments

• JagdT_3.jpg
    JagdT_3.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 154
  • jagdtiger5.jpg
    jagdtiger5.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 153
  • jagdtiger6.jpg
    jagdtiger6.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 158
  • jagdtiger13d.jpg
    jagdtiger13d.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 165
I'm happy for all you guys that have been asking for one of these although I have to confess the appeal is lost on me. From a practical perspective the vehicle hasn't really got any redeeming qualities.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back