Jenkins Model Pic (4 Viewers)

Thanks Louis,:)

Just tryin' to get folks interested in collecting.
Goodness knows that you do your part in that regard!:salute::

-Moe

Moe,

You do an excellent job, especially with John's wonderful aircraft. I have about 10 of John's warbirds, my favorite being the pusher plane, but have not seen them photographed more creatively than you do.

Moe,

I have about 10 of John's warbirds, my favorite being the pusher plane, but have not seen them photographed more creatively than you do.

Louis,

That's my favorite, also. It's kind of hard to believe that we can buy a model that sophisticated "off the shelf." The rigging is so elaborate and well executed:

ACE-32-12.jpg
!

This is Jenkins' IWA-02, a P-26. Background is Luzon in the Philippines:

Boeing-P-26-Peashooter-PI-192.jpg

-Moe

That is one of my favorite pieces, along with the JJD Wildcat!:salute::

Louis,

You have an eye for graceful planes. If anything, the wildcat might be the better scale model. Both are great eye-candy, IMHO.

-Moe

Jenkins' first two models, the MvR Triplane and Brown Camel:

Fokker-Dr1-View-2-192.jpg

Sopwith-Camel-2.jpg

Both models proved to be a commercial success and multiple production runs were laid on.

For collectors, it's worth noting that not all of the models are identical. In particular, a stand fitting was added to later production of both the Tripe and Camel. Without the fitting, display on one of Jenkins' acrylic stands is simply impossible.:redface2:

-Moe

Another round of beautiful pics Moe. I'm particularly fond of the P26 and the PI is a very appropriate back drop. Chris

Another round of beautiful pics Moe. I'm particularly fond of the P26 and the PI is a very appropriate back drop. Chris

Thanks, Chris! :)

As soon as I saw the backdrop, I knew what I wanted to stage in front of it.

-Moe

Fantastic photo of the Wildcat, Moe!:salute::

Louis,

I thought that you'd like that one.

BTW, I'm having some turrets made for a carrier deck display.

Here's a "work-in-progress" pic from the supplier:

DSCF5044.jpg

The turrets are modeled after those found on the Saratoga and I'm gonna use them with my VF-6 fighters as below:

NH-51369.jpg

However, the turrets will also work with my VF-3 Wildcats:

3.jpg

Pretty self-indulgent, I know, but it keeps me off the streets! ;)

-Moe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back