Jenkins Model Pic (3 Viewers)

I love the turrets, Moe! :salute:: If you don't mind me asking, how much are you paying for them, and would they be willing to make another set?

I love the turrets, Moe! :salute:: If you don't mind me asking, how much are you paying for them, and would they be willing to make another set?

The vendor is SD Model Makers.

Here are the particulars:

turrets.jpg

I'm sure that they'd make another set.

-Moe

This is where I'm going with the turrets.

They'll be placed on a group of Jenkins' IWA deck modules that are configured like this:

YW Deck3.jpg

The turrets will be placed on the right side of the deck, and unlettered modules will replace the SARA sections.

Planes will be lined up on the left, F4B-4 or Wildcats.

When I've got everything down, including a bunch of figure sets, I want the display to appear similar to the James Dietz watercolor that hangs over my desk:

The Pros.jpg

And, at that point, I can declare this chapter in my collecting saga to be complete! :D

-Moe

Last edited:
'Nuther plane pic, this of Jenkins' Morane Saulnier Type-N:

Morane-Saulnier-MS-N-192.jpg

This is such a marvelous little model, and it's also one of Jenkins' least expensive.

As a side note, I honestly don't believe that any other manufacturer would have gone near this little bird. Not sexy enough, insufficient lethality quotient!:rolleyes: But, therein lies John's genius. He takes an obscure subject, executes it perfectly, and the results are utterly charming. What a treasure! :D

-Moe

Remembered something interesting about the pic above...

Someone at the Navy Department was so taken with the photograph that they used a likeness for recruiting posters:

post_navy_ww2_enemy-sighted-attack.jpg

post_navy_ww2_first-line-attack.jpg

How's that for inspiration:confused:;)

-Moe

Louis,

I thought that you'd like that one.

BTW, I'm having some turrets made for a carrier deck display.

Here's a "work-in-progress" pic from the supplier:

DSCF5044.jpg

The turrets are modeled after those found on the Saratoga and I'm gonna use them with my VF-6 fighters as below:

NH-51369.jpg

SD makes wonderful models and your setup will be awesome. You got me thinking about commissioning some 5" turrets for the BH. Chris

Just stunning photography with great scenary behind each one.

When I saw the Corsair image it gave me flashbacks to nearly 20 years ago when I used to sell aviation prints by Stan Stokes.

Well done.

Moe...
every one of your pictures is a masterpiece...
the clear crisp photography and the perfect backdrops are well thought out...
not sure how you do it...
but they are all fantastic!

SD makes wonderful models and your setup will be awesome. You got me thinking about commissioning some 5" turrets for the BH. Chris

Chris,

The 5" turrets are certainly better documented, not to mention MUCH more common during WW2. Because of those factors, they'd be an excellent display option for a BH deck.

-Moe

Just stunning photography with great scenary behind each one.

When I saw the Corsair image it gave me flashbacks to nearly 20 years ago when I used to sell aviation prints by Stan Stokes.

Well done.

Thanks, just my way of showing off my models:D

-Moe

This is another view of the Jasta 46 Albatros:

fokker-d7-2.jpg

Marvelous model airplane:D

-Moe

This is Jenkins' Sopwith Tripe. Delighted with the way the air-pump above the pilot came out. Little victories^&grin

Sopwith-Tripe-2.jpg

ACE-26, modeled after the SPAD XIII flown by Frank Luke:

SPAD-XIII-2-192.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back