JUST ... KING and COUNTRY American Revolution (1 Viewer)

All it means is Penguins have mastered time travel, not really, it is a little known military secret the British used Penguins as spies........

Good catch Walsingham ... I will be hiding my Penguin in many dioramas in the future also. Like I said, "Keep it fun and silly"

The Penguin is from the fantastic comedy flicks - Wallace and Gromit series - THE WRONG TROUSERS.

--- LaRRy

Nice diorama and wonderful collection.
The K&C AWI series was a very colorful and animated range. Unfortunately I sold off
my collection years ago and decided to go with Britains for the matt style. Britain's seemed
more committed to the AWI range but they have disappointed by not doing Hessians, American artillery, mounted
officers and cavalry.
For my Battle Of Brooklyn (Long Island) diorama I used LeMan's, Trophy and Imrie-Risely in gloss style.
I wonder if K&C will revisit this range in the near future.

Nice diorama and wonderful collection.
The K&C AWI series was a very colorful and animated range. Unfortunately I sold off
my collection years ago and decided to go with Britains for the matt style. Britain's seemed
more committed to the AWI range but they have disappointed by not doing Hessians, American artillery, mounted
officers and cavalry.
For my Battle Of Brooklyn (Long Island) diorama I used LeMan's, Trophy and Imrie-Risely in gloss style.
I wonder if K&C will revisit this range in the near future.

Good Evening NY,

I will not hide the fact that by starting this thread on the K&C AWI range (I HOPE) ANDY will take notice at the 100,000's of AWI fans ...:confused: ... who collect the AR and BR series.

With many other vendors selling AWI series (First Legion / Collectors Showcase / Britains / and JJD heavy into FWI ) it seems that there is a GREAT interest in this time period. BUT for some reason it doesn't get a lot of Posts and Dioramas.

One of my goals is to change that. I have been collecting K&C AWI since AR01 and BR01 hit the market. But until recently, life's tasks always seemed to take a priority to posting. Not any more.

So ... one and all ... post, post, post your AWI figures and let's have fun ....^&grin

--- LaRRy

Welcome to the King and Country thread dedicated to "ONLY" American Revolution sets

I am inviting everybody who has ONE figure or ONE THOUSAND King and Country AWI Figures to post them here. PLEASE keep it fun and silly.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

These are some of the photos that I took at my recent lecture at the Maine Historical Society - Waldoboro. (See Historical Discussion thread)
The lighting was poor but I hope I got a few good shots.

FULL DIORAMA

AWAITING the ASSAULT

MAN THE GUNS

SET 1-3
--- LaRRy

Hi Larry,
Congratulations! What a magnificent collection of K&C Hessians...Now I know who bought most of them!!! Every collector has their own particular way of presenting their own collection...Yours is one of the most spectacular.

On the related subject of a 'Return to the Revolutionary War'...Alas, not at this time or in the near future...However, longer term I am sure K&C will go back to the events of 1776...and Hessians too!

Very best wishes and many thanks for posting your terrific collection, Andy.

Hi Larry,
Congratulations! What a magnificent collection of K&C Hessians...Now I know who bought most of them!!! Every collector has their own particular way of presenting their own collection...Yours is one of the most spectacular.

On the related subject of a 'Return to the Revolutionary War'...Alas, not at this time or in the near future...However, longer term I am sure K&C will go back to the events of 1776...and Hessians too!

Very best wishes and many thanks for posting your terrific collection, Andy.

Good Evening or maybe for you, Andy, Good Morning,

Thank you for the kind words.

Yep, I probably did get a pile of them there Hessian fella's. But wait until you see the 42 Highlanders .... {sm3}
I like both large dioramas and small (couple figures) setups, so you will be seeing a pile of them.

Actually it is GOOD news that ... in the long term ... 1776 will rise again. I just hope that it is not in 2076 ...{sm2}

--- LaRRy

Huge fan of 'fun and silly' Larry, looking forward to seeing you post more snaps of your collection.......^&grin

Good catch Walsingham ... I will be hiding my Penguin in many dioramas in the future also. Like I said, "Keep it fun and silly"

The Penguin is from the fantastic comedy flicks - Wallace and Gromit series - THE WRONG TROUSERS.

--- LaRRy

"Watch where you're puttin' those paws..." :)

Here is a permanent set up I have in my display cabinet. Some shots of varying degrees and views...........

top shelf K&C AWI 2017 (1).JPG

top shelf K&C AWI 2017 (2).JPG

top shelf K&C AWI 2017 (3).JPG

top shelf K&C AWI 2017 (4).JPG

top shelf K&C AWI 2017 (5).JPG

Tactically red might not be the best color, but for figures, they sure look great!!!!

What a great display and collection Larry!

I have a few K&C AR figures but they are boxed up like most of my collection. Need to get them out for a display. Thanks for the idea.

MARK! Are you trying to give me a stroke!! {eek3}
WOW ... okay the handle "REVWARBUFF" is hereby officially bestowed on you!

What a wonderful collection .....{sm3} I may have got the HESSIANS but you certainly have the "GOLD" for BRITISH. AND ... who doesn't love the Dragoons.

Of course the display is superior. I guess you twisted my arm as I have to get a permanent display like that ... simply super!!!!!
Okay ... my Dragoons will be making an appearance in a few days.

Gee, between you and me I wonder if we have 90% of the AWI market ....:rolleyes2:

Keep em' coming guys.

--- LaRRy

What a great display and collection Larry!

I have a few K&C AR figures but they are boxed up like most of my collection. Need to get them out for a display. Thanks for the idea.

Thank you Duke,
YES ... get yours out into the light of day. After all, July 4th is coming so we need to show some Patriotic Spirit.

:rolleyes2: Although the Continental Congress declared Independence on July 2nd and the Deceleration of Independence wasn't signed until August 2nd but somehow the 4th got to be the BIG day ... :confused:

Oh well,

--- LaRRy

MARK! Are you trying to give me a stroke!! {eek3}
WOW ... okay the handle "REVWARBUFF" is hereby officially bestowed on you!

What a wonderful collection .....{sm3} I may have got the HESSIANS but you certainly have the "GOLD" for BRITISH. AND ... who doesn't love the Dragoons.

Of course the display is superior. I guess you twisted my arm as I have to get a permanent display like that ... simply super!!!!!
Okay ... my Dragoons will be making an appearance in a few days.

Gee, between you and me I wonder if we have 90% of the AWI market ....:rolleyes2:

Keep em' coming guys.

--- LaRRy

Larry,

Thanks for the compliments. Love this thread you've started!!

Those K&C Dragoons are some of my favorites of all time and I can't wait to see your collection of them. I wish I had more of them.

I wouldn't be surprised if the 2 of us owned 90% of the AWI market. Then again, if there are others here on the forum who wish to prove that wrong, I too would love to see what they may have!

Mark

Larry,

I wouldn't be surprised if the 2 of us owned 90% of the AWI market. Then again, if there are others here on the forum who wish to prove that wrong, I too would love to see what they may have!

Mark

AGREED!

OKAY ... to all you members and of course guests ... The CHALLENGE GLOVE is out ... <SLAP / SLAP> {eek3}
NOTE: Sorry ANDY you do not count ...:(

--- LaRRy

Now I know why it was so difficult to get hold of the K&C Hessians !!

Wonderfull display.
Being a true Hessian, I just can't get enough of these guys ;-)

Thanks for sharing.

Now I know why it was so difficult to get hold of the K&C Hessians !!

Wonderfull display.
Being a true Hessian, I just can't get enough of these guys ;-)

Thanks for sharing.

Yep ... I tried to get them all ...^&grin
If you have some AWI figures, dig them out and post a picture or two ... OR MORE!

Thank you, Ostrein
--- LaRRy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back