JUST ... KING and COUNTRY American Revolution (1 Viewer)

"You two plant your feet and rest a bit, let me do a speck of checkin' around here."

"Do you want us to reconnoiter the perimeter or do something else?

"I do not see anything behind us, Hiram, all set."

RBET23.jpg

"Keep it quiet will you gentlemen. I can hear a woolly caterpillar crawling 100 yards away, but not with you two flapping your gums .. shhhhh!"

RBET25.jpg

--- LaRRy (RBET23, RBET25)

"Well, I do not hear anything suspicious. Let's move on and get out of this clearing."

"We will move when I Hiram is satisfied, not before."

RBET24.jpg

"My God, tellin' you two to do something is like tellin' the tree to move out of my way. Ain't gonna' happen."

"Sorry, Hiram."

"Yes, I apologize."

RBET26.jpg

--- LaRRy (RBET24, RBET26)

"So are we alone?"

"Yes, I believe so. Hiram and I will scout around a bit."
"I want to take short rest stop, anyway. We have some serious trail ahead."

"I disagree. I need to get back to report to General Clark, we must keep going."

RBET27.jpg

"Robert, I understand your predicament and your need to report, but I know these woods and we need to rest before moving on."

"Fine, fine ... but ONLY a few minutes."

"Besides, this is high ground and we can see anyone who might be approaching."
"However, to be 100% safe, let's check around anyway."

RBET28.jpg

--- LaRRy (RBET27, RBET28)

"CLEAR"

"Nothing here."

"Clear, good over here."

RBET29.jpg

RBET30.jpg

RBET31.jpg

RBET32.jpg

--- LaRRY (RBET29, RBET30, RBET31, RBET32)

After a brief rest ... Robert urges the Militiamen to move on.

<><><><><><>

"Ready to go?"

"Yes, I suppose so. Robert, you take the lead for the next mile or so."

"Me lead?"

"Don't worry, it is a straight path."

RBET33.jpg

"Well, are you two coming or not?"

"No, Robert, we are not ... and I am informing you now, neither are you.
"DO NOT MOVE ANOTHER FOOT!"

WHAT? What in the hell are you two talking about? Are you crazy?"

"No, Robert we are ... not crazy."

"We are ... Loyal British subjects and we owe our allegiance to the CROWN!

RBET34.jpg

--- LaRRy (RBET33, RBET34)

"You, You are not Militia? You are, are spies or worse .... traitors!"

"Enough, rebel scum."

"You need to hand us your satchel, maps and the papers that Allen gave you earlier."

"THE HELL I WILL."

"It appears you have no choice."

RBET35.jpg

--- LaRRy (RBET35)

Either instinct or fear forced Robert into action. He jumped quickly to his right and swung up his musket.

ROBERT FIRED!

HIRAM FIRED!

The lead shot smashed in Robert's left side forcing his shot to go towards Matthias.
Matthias felt his chest explode in pain ... then he felt nothing ... he would never feel anything ever again.

Matthias crumpled to the ground.

Robert look skyward and saw the bright sun ... before total darkness over took him forever.

RBET36.jpg

RBET37.jpg

RBET38.jpg

--- LaRRy (RBET36, RBET37, RBET38)

"You died for nothing, I will continue on to your encampment and carry out my mission."
"What you call an army will shortly no longer exist ... as well as this traitorous rebellion against King George and Britain."
"Nothing! Nothing!

"I will report to your General Clark. But my message will be very different."
"So you see, I am right. You died for .... NOTHING."

RBET41.jpg

RBET42.jpg

--- LaRRy (RBET41, RBET42)

"You died for nothing, I will continue on to your encampment and carry out my mission."
"What you call an army will shortly no longer exist ... as well as this traitorous rebellion against King George and Britain."
"Nothing! Nothing!

"I will report to your General Clark. But my message will be very different."
"So you see, I am right. You died for .... NOTHING."

View attachment 216422

View attachment 216423

--- LaRRy (RBET41, RBET42)

One of my favorite figures turns traitor.

Really like this scene !

The rocks, vegetation...the trees...all set so perfectly.

Beautiful !

Thank you.

Well, thank you Ivanhoe .... most of the items are really out of the forest. I live in Maine.

The big rock in the background is not. it is plastic, but the rest of the rocks are from my backyard and painted up a bit.
In scale, real rocks look a bit flat so you need to highlight a few areas to give them depth.

The fallen "tree trunks" are, of course, just sticks that I doctor up a bit and the ground cover is actually moss that I dig up by the bucket full.
The moss is a a combination of a package at a hobby store, but mostly I pick it off the trees and soak it in a preservative and food coloring.

All I have to do is to look out of my windows for inspiration.

NEW Diorama coming in a short time and (HOPEFULLY) it will be my best one yet.

(ANY GUESSES what it will be?) :rolleyes2:

--- LaRRy

Well, thank you Ivanhoe .... most of the items are really out of the forest. I live in Maine.

The big rock in the background is not. it is plastic, but the rest of the rocks are from my backyard and painted up a bit.
In scale, real rocks look a bit flat so you need to highlight a few areas to give them depth.

The fallen "tree trunks" are, of course, just sticks that I doctor up a bit and the ground cover is actually moss that I dig up by the bucket full.
The moss is a a combination of a package at a hobby store, but mostly I pick it off the trees and soak it in a preservative and food coloring.

--- LaRRy
Hi LaRRy,

I completely agree with Ivanhoe. Every little detail makes it seem more real. Everything has been taken care of.{sm3} Maine's natural beauty has been helping you, but... you're an artist!!!:eek:

Keep it up !!! :redface2:

Enrico :smile2:

P.S.: I love the smell of surprise :rolleyes:...Everything crops up ...it will be well done!!! :salute::

--- LaRRy

Thank you LaRRy...the plastic rock looks as good as the real ones.
Considering how great this diorama (and story) has been, I cannot imagine your "best one yet".

At my age "Guesses" are not very accurate anymore...I'll just wait and appreciate.

First off ... THANK YOU to the folks who wrote to make sure all is well, since I have been a bit quite lately. YES IT IS!{sm4}

Second, due to some medial issues with my sister-in-law, I now have a house guest for some period of time.
Hence I gave up my model / diorama building room. :redface2:

The good news is that I have been very busy building a 3X LARGER room to build and display my collections and dioramas. {sm4}{sm3}{sm4}
I will take some pictures in a while to show you my new "RETREAT to fantasy" space.

Expect to see the continuation of the K&C AWI story in a few days!

--- Thanks again, LaRRY

First off ... THANK YOU to the folks who wrote to make sure all is well, since I have been a bit quite lately. YES IT IS!{sm4}

Second, due to some medial issues with my sister-in-law, I now have a house guest for some period of time.
Hence I gave up my model / diorama building room. :redface2:

The good news is that I have been very busy building a 3X LARGER room to build and display my collections and dioramas. {sm4}{sm3}{sm4}
I will take some pictures in a while to show you my new "RETREAT to fantasy" space.

Expect to see the continuation of the K&C AWI story in a few days!

--- Thanks again, LaRRY

Dear LaRRy,

first off.. I have missed you :rolleyes:Please don't misunderstand me, I'm glad everything's going well.:smile2: I believe that everyone else thinks so too. I am an "apprentice in the theatre", and have so much to learn from you:wink2: I can't wait to see all your news!!{eek3}

Keep in touch

Enrico :salute::

Hello,

Here's a few to revive this thread, I thought I would try something a bit different and bring AWI to the streets of a New England town somewhere in 1776.

You might not be able to see clearly, but on the bottom image you can grab a beer at either the A.Neilson Inn or Tree & Frog Inn before picking up a book at L.Allen's Bookshop (just a subtle nod!).

All the best

Cornwallis.

PS - for the sake of these dioramas, thats not Jefferson taunting the Brits with the declaration, its a tory with a newspaper!

Attachments

• ds1.jpg
    ds1.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 310
  • ds2.jpg
    ds2.jpg
    243.8 KB · Views: 301
  • ds3.jpg
    ds3.jpg
    285.5 KB · Views: 319
Really well done.....could be Boston or New York. Were the facades custom make?

CORNWALLIS ... YOU have done yourself and this tread PROUD

Long Live King George III .... oh wait, I'm a colonialist ...:rolleyes2:

These pictures are so fantastic I can't believe it. As Richard said, it looks 99% right out a page in history of Boston or New York.

I am very impressed with you collection of figures as well as your ability to create an incredibly detailed and believable diorama. As Richard asked, where did you get the buildings? Buy or make them or are they TWO dimensional pictures.

What are some of the (background) figures. How did you hide the bases? Photo-workshop or really remove them?

So many questions ... The way that you placed "little" photos of people looking out of the windows is genius.

Now you have inspired me to try to pick up with this thread .... THANK YOU for that.

Wonderful!!!

--- LaRRy

Last edited:
That’s a beautiful and very authentic-looking setup! I had ancestors that fought in the Revolutionary War against the British {sm4}

Users who are viewing this thread

Back