K&C and a Universal diorama (1 Viewer)

Fitzgibbon

Master Sergeant

What to get on an A4 - how to focus on making a story with a confined space. Colourful is good ^&confuse
But don't forget to remove the packing {sm2} particularly the small bits under that sword {sm4}

Any period but look for major impact.

Get focused and avoid the temptation for the grandiose.

Popular stories are good - it gets the observer to the recognition point with an economy of figurines.

Timeless architecture is the bees knees...it just keeps on keeping on.

European Architecture has survived for hundreds of years and buildings have seen many eras come and go.

The beauty of this for collectors is the versatile uses that can be made of a single design to display multiple collections - by regular rotation, a collector may have the appearance of a fresh display depending only on the frequency of the rotation. This can not only save space but also be economical.

And sequences of a single story can be portrayed in the same physical location, much like the parts of a play on a good theatrical stage.

I just LOVE seeing the Napoleonic figures 'at ease' and I think that I'd better get on with some more dioramas to show off my troops too !!!

Well Done,

John

Amazing, words escape me. I thought I had original ideas, but I cannot compete with these. I have all the figures, but not the thinking outside the box aspect. Must work harder. Too good. Robin.

Amazing, words escape me. I thought I had original ideas, but I cannot compete with these. I have all the figures, but not the thinking outside the box aspect. Must work harder. Too good. Robin.

This one is actually in the box Robin. It fits in an A4 copy paper box. Except for the power cord, the wiring and the hub and control box all fit in the cavity behind that plastic ceiling. The Mini Art kit comes with two of those ceiling panels so I have the makings for a second version. The structure is very simple and goes together in a couple of hours including drying time. Finding another fireplace is probably the biggest challenge.
Kind regards. Bob

These are all spledid dioramas. What strikes me the most is "The amount of detail" in every one of them .
Great job
guy:smile2:

Well,I can now see why you and Wayne were the judges for this year's competition.I think you have raised the bar very high for next year.I really like the first picture(the JJD wagon and the K&C Napoleonics).The trees,the figures and the background just blend so well that the perspective is near perfect.Then there is the attention to detail......Well done that man!

This one is actually in the box Robin. It fits in an A4 copy paper box. Except for the power cord, the wiring and the hub and control box all fit in the cavity behind that plastic ceiling. The Mini Art kit comes with two of those ceiling panels so I have the makings for a second version. The structure is very simple and goes together in a couple of hours including drying time. Finding another fireplace is probably the biggest challenge.
Kind regards. Bob

If I had known I would've added more to the containers...got it covered :wink2:

Those are such beautifully conceived and staged displays. I simply can't praise them enough!:cool:

-Moe

Those are such beautifully conceived and staged displays. I simply can't praise them enough!:cool:

-Moe

Thanks Moe. The project acknowledges that the problems of economy are real for most collectors. The dio is simply a creative way of discerning just how you limit your choices to suit your budget. Then the challenge is to not blow your budget on dio materials. Sourcing that which will do the job with a minimum of value-added labour can be a very creative pursuit, and the result is your measure of success. I figure that a single well-planned scene can cover several series. If I can change my shelf display every month and each display holds around ten figures, then I get a fresh look pretty much all year round with a controlled collection of my personal choice. It's a way of overcoming the frustration of the completist. The control on dio numbers is the limit of your shelf space...it suits the spouse also - another benefit.

Well,I can now see why you and Wayne were the judges for this year's competition.I think you have raised the bar very high for next year.I really like the first picture(the JJD wagon and the K&C Napoleonics).The trees,the figures and the background just blend so well that the perspective is near perfect.Then there is the attention to detail......Well done that man!
Thanks for the kind words. You'll have to come to our next workshop. I guarantee you will be amazed at the simple techniques. You will be able to do this yourself after one session.
Kind regards, Bob.

Great set of dioramas and always appreciate the tips on how you made them look so good. Chris

Really beautiful displays and such a pleasure to view. Thanks for posting.

Thanks for the kind words. You'll have to come to our next workshop. I guarantee you will be amazed at the simple techniques. You will be able to do this yourself after one session.
Kind regards, Bob.

The workshops sound like loads of fun, would love to pop across and sneak in the back row some day Bob. Wayne gave me and Tom some great pointers last year when we stayed with him, which were invaluable.

This is such a cool thread, thanks for taking the time to share some great tips and photographs. :salute::

Brilliant stuff mate!

The workshops sound like loads of fun, would love to pop across and sneak in the back row some day Bob. Wayne gave me and Tom some great pointers last year when we stayed with him, which were invaluable.

This is such a cool thread, thanks for taking the time to share some great tips and photographs. :salute::

Brilliant stuff mate!

Anytime Toddy, always welcome. Planning to cross the ditch for a short visit in the not too distant future for a visit to Peter Jackson's installation. Does the Silver Fern still run to Auckland? '75 when I was last there.

Kind regards, Bob.

Can you set up a video link for those of us who are weary of traveling East ^&grin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back