K&C Jagdtiger? (1 Viewer)

the germans must have run out of film or photographers. common guys lighten up. its a great vehicle

the germans must have run out of film or photographers. common guys lighten up. its a great vehicle

Most definitely is,doesn't seem to have been made by the big producers and I think K&C could do a great job on one of these monsters.As Terry and Ken said with one crew member to give an idea of just how big they were.

Rob

schwere Panzerjäger-Abteilung 512 was composed of two companies -1st company was commanded by Albert Ernst and became Kampfgruppe Ernst. It took part in the Operation "Fruhlingerswachen" in Hungaryand then in the defence of Germany on both Western and Eastern Fronts . sPzJagAbt 653 was not formed until Spring of 1945.It was employed on the Western Front in the Rhein and Karlsruhe area. It appears that 4 to 6 Jagdtigers were used by the schwere SS Panzer Abteilung (101) 501 in April/May of 1945.

If doing a Jagdtiger of Abt. 512, they likely would have been Henschel wheels with no zimmerit and an ambush camo pattern.

512 was composed of 2 companies. 1st companie under Ernst had 3 Zugs (platoons) with jagdtiger number of X2,X3,X4 1st Zug; X5, X6, and X7 2nd Zug and X8, X9, and X10 3rd Zug. Ernst's jagdtiger was X1. 2nd companie Jagdtigers were numbered with Y# and if there was eventually a 3rd companie, it reportedly was numbered Z#. schwere Panzerjäger-Abteilung 653 had regular 3 digit numbers.

Terry

If you all have read the Japanese soldier thread here, Andy has said that he is working on a JT! This is welcome news. I am sure he is reading this thread, with all it's info. -- lancer

Here are some photos of X7 from the 2nd company of Pz Jg Abt 512. Note the 9 overlapping road wheels, 3 colour camo (can't see any ambush dots), the white X7 on the side (and there is a German Cross on the side too under the spare track just ahead of the X7), and no zimmerit. also the X7 and German crosses on the rear doors. I can't see any unit insignia on the vehicle.

Jagdtigerx7-front.jpg

jagdtigerX7.jpg

JagdtigerX7-2.jpg

For comparison, a Porsche version with 8 road wheels and zimmerit.

Jagdtigerside.jpg

Terry

The deployment of Jagdtigers was as follows.....

2 x Porche...test vehicles.
2 x Porche...training vehicles
2 x Henschel....training vehicles

S.Pz.Jg.Abt 653 ......7 x Porche (one used as training vehicle) +36 x Henschel

HQ....No Jagdtigers
1st Coy...14 x Jagdtigers
2nd Coy...14 x Jagdtigers the distribution of porche vehicles is not recorded
3rd Coy....14 x Jagdtigers
Plus 1 x training vehicle

S.Pz.Jg.Abt 512....27 x (All Henschel)

HQ....No Jagdtigers
1st Coy...10 x Jagdtigers
2nd Coy....10 Jagdtigers
3rd Coy....7 x Jagdtigers

LAH.....4 x Jagtigers (All Henschel)

In factory....8 x Jagdtigers (All Henschel with 88 mm guns)

TOTAL 88 x Jagtigers (77 x Henschel,11 x Porche)

S.Pz.Jg.Abt was formed in March 1943( from Stug Abt 157).It was initially equipped with elephants/ferdinands.

Jeff

The deployment of Jagdtigers was as follows.....

2 x Porche...test vehicles.
2 x Porche...training vehicles
2 x Henschel....training vehicles

S.Pz.Jg.Abt 653 ......7 x Porche (one used as training vehicle) +36 x Henschel

HQ....No Jagdtigers
1st Coy...14 x Jagdtigers
2nd Coy...14 x Jagdtigers the distribution of porche vehicles is not recorded
3rd Coy....14 x Jagdtigers
Plus 1 x training vehicle

S.Pz.Jg.Abt 512....27 x (All Henschel)

HQ....No Jagdtigers
1st Coy...10 x Jagdtigers
2nd Coy....10 Jagdtigers
3rd Coy....7 x Jagdtigers

LAH.....4 x Jagtigers (All Henschel)

In factory....8 x Jagdtigers (All Henschel with 88 mm guns)

TOTAL 88 x Jagtigers (77 x Henschel,11 x Porche)

S.Pz.Jg.Abt was formed in March 1943( from Stug Abt 157).It was initially equipped with elephants/ferdinands.

Jeff

Thanks for the info. Where have you been - I thought you might have gotten in on this topic sooner.

Terry

Seventy posts,a nod fom Andy,I think I've started something here guys:D;)

Rob

Hopefully not both in the same month. :( $$$$

Terry

why not?

in fact, it would be something if they release the Jagdtiger, grey tiger AND another armour (new Jagdpanther?) simultaneously.

if anything, i reckon the mayhem it will generate among the forum will be quite incredible.;)

kidding aside, its interesting to find out, say you can only get one of the 2, which one will you pick - the legendary and popular tiger 1, or, the mighty but more obscure jagdtiger. :)

why not?

in fact, it would be something if they release the Jagdtiger, grey tiger AND another armour (new Jagdpanther?) simultaneously.

if anything, i reckon the mayhem it will generate among the forum will be quite incredible.;)

Obviously because of cost $$$$. :rolleyes::)

Terry

kidding aside, its interesting to find out, say you can only get one of the 2, which one will you pick - the legendary and popular tiger 1, or, the mighty but more obscure jagdtiger. :)

Both!!! :) I've put in too much effort to miss either one.

Terry:rolleyes::D

If there is a limited run Grey Tiger, like for the Hurricane or LCA, how long do you think it will last? Same for a Jagdtiger.

Terry

i don't think the tiger will be that limited, as its a popular item and sell very well.
what i do know at least it won't be a mob lynch like the figarti winter 88 (100 pax only).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back