K & C Rebels (1 Viewer)

Re: K&C Rebels

Hi Guys,

Just had to write to congratulate “UK Reb” on his great looking diorama… outstanding!

Many years ago someone at one of the toy soldier shows asked me “What was I trying to do with our K&C figures?” My reply was simple and straight forward… “I want our toy soldiers to tell a story…” For several years afterwards that was our advertising slogan/tagline… “Toy Soldiers that tell a Story.” And, actually, it hasn’t really changed. That is definitely a big part of the K&C philosophy. We like to produce figures that “talk to each other” and communicate events, feelings and emotions in often dramatic and exciting ways… albeit in 1:30 scale!

Anyway, very well done UK Reb… I’d love to see more of your work and, I am sure, so would many other Treefroggers.

Best wishes and Happy Collecting!
Andy C.

That really is a brilliant display and has been photographed really well. :cool:

Is that that the Hudson and Allen Wild grass as it looks slightly different, or is it just me, would love to know? :confused::)

True story - I use UKRebs diorama posts to show my sons the potential of my displays - if only I could copy them :eek:

My friend REB, as always your ACW diorama is really extraordinary, love your pictures.

Rod.

Great photos and figures Reb. Thanks for posting the scenes. Leadmen

You are to ACW what Polar Bear and Mike Miller are to FIW.Great dio.
Mark

Hey you civil war buffs.....In the 2009 Britians product brochure there is a picture of a cabin with porch...I make a few of these for sale or trade....They turned out very well.......Any takers????:D:D:D:D:D
Regards,
Canucks

Hi Guys,

Just had to write to congratulate “UK Reb” on his great looking diorama… outstanding!

Many years ago someone at one of the toy soldier shows asked me “What was I trying to do with our K&C figures?” My reply was simple and straight forward… “I want our toy soldiers to tell a story…” For several years afterwards that was our advertising slogan/tagline… “Toy Soldiers that tell a Story.” And, actually, it hasn’t really changed. That is definitely a big part of the K&C philosophy. We like to produce figures that “talk to each other” and communicate events, feelings and emotions in often dramatic and exciting ways… albeit in 1:30 scale!

Anyway, very well done UK Reb… I’d love to see more of your work and, I am sure, so would many other Treefroggers.

Best wishes and Happy Collecting!
Andy C.

Guys
Many thanks for your very kind comments for the previous pictures on this thread of mine-although I do still feel a bit of an outdated interloper on horseback amongst all of your heavy armoured vehicles :D However, a couple of you did kindly invite me out of the forum basement to post a few more shots on the K&C threads when and if I felt like it.

It was Andy's comment above re: K&C's philosophy to produce figures that talk to each other to tell a story that really struck a chord with me and no doubt with quite a few of you as well. Because that's exactly what I try to emulate when building the dios I mess about with and the following few shots is an attempt to illustrate what I believe Andy is referring to-Figures that can communicate events, feelings and emotions in dramatic scenarios.

I have therefore deliberatey mixed a bunch of K&C ACW figures from the earliest to the latest releases to try and tell a story with a few pictures. So with a little imagination, a very large slice of artistic licence and a bit of text to set each scene I think Andy is absolutely right-his figures sure can tell a story.

Reb

A Reb scouting party stumble onto a Union regiment which quickly develops into a sharp firefight.

DSC00129-1.jpg

DSC00004-3.jpg

Reb officer down........

DSC00124-1.jpg

Both NCO's dead.....

DSC00117.jpg

Leaderless, outgunned, running out of rounds yet the Rebs continue to fight as a cohesive unit

DSC00122.jpg

Down to the last few bullets and displaying typical Reb bravado they begin to shout at their Yankee counterparts "C'mn and get us!"

DSC00026-3.jpg

UKReb... Great pictures and dio. I enjoyed viewing them. Thanks for posting.

Bob, great to see you posting again with your super dio's :)..........I thought you had buggered off, it's been so long :rolleyes:;)

Jeff

Bob,

Great to see you back. I had gotten very worried and had expressed my concern to some of your mates. Anyway, glad you're back and hope you stay back.

Cheers,

Hey Bob great to have you back mate!.Superb pictures as usual,I don't know how you do it but no one does it like you,keep up the good work.Even a WW2 guy like me needs a bit of ACW now and again;)

Cheers and I look forward to toasting your skill with a G&T in about six weeks;)

Rob

UKReb. Great diorama. So real to life, you make it feel like i am with those rebs. thanks

Bob...it's great to see you posting again...I have really missed your work....glad you're back on here....great shots;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back