K&C Retroactive Price Increases (8 Viewers)

PolarBear

Major
News from King & Country - January 1st Price Increase Announced

Citing substantial increases in the price of raw materials, greater labour costs and high transportation charges, King & Country announced across the board price increases for all items released pre-2009 effective December 18th for dealer orders with all consumer pricing must be changed no later than January 1, 2011.

This increase will include approximately 356 items and the only items unaffected will be retired items still in stock with King & Country.

K&C is giving notice two months in advance to allow collectors time to order at the current prices. Keep this in mind when making your Christmas wish lists this year--let your friends and family know that shopping early will pay off this year in the land of toy soldiers

News from King & Country - January 1st Price Increase Announced

Citing substantial increases in the price of raw materials, greater labour costs and high transportation charges, King & Country announced across the board price increases for all items released pre-2009 effective December 18th for dealer orders with all consumer pricing must be changed no later than January 1, 2011.

This increase will include approximately 356 items and the only items unaffected will be retired items still in stock with King & Country.

K&C is giving notice two months in advance to allow collectors time to order at the current prices. Keep this in mind when making your Christmas wish lists this year--let your friends and family know that shopping early will pay off this year in the land of toy soldiers

K&C just shot themselves in the foot........:eek:

Hi jbonzo1, it's no drill actually. Randy got this straight out of the Treefrog Treasures newsletter. This involves older stock with equally older pricing bringing the pricing up to current pricing as they continue to have it produced.
Here's an example:
AK041 Marching Afrika Korps Officer currently $25, will increase to $32.

My advice: Shop early and often ;).

Best regards,

Well. interesting news but, why is this not on K&C HK or, UK sites and we have to read about it from treefrog? does not make sense
Mitch

Does this mean that those who continue to sell existing stock at the old prices after the retro increase will be banned due to selling at a discount???:eek:Bill

Well. interesting news but, why is this not on K&C HK or, UK sites and we have to read about it from treefrog? does not make sense
Mitch

Because it was just announced and does not take effect until the end of the year.

Mitch, you heard it here first because the release of my newsletter happened to occur fast on the heels of this announcement to dealers. I'm sure all the other dealers will let their customers know soon--it's a lot of information to sort through with all the news from dispatches coming out as well. It's only the beginning of November and the prices don't change right away so there is plenty of time for dealers to organize the information and let their customers know.

That's what the Treefrog forum is for--to give you all the fast-breaking news of the toy soldier world :D.

Cheers,

Boy, this is going to price me out of buying K&C items in the future unless its something I must really really want. Hope the other companies take a hint and maintain reasonable prices. Sorry to hear about this huge increase. I had made up my mind about what my limit on prices would be, and this just sealed it. Regards, Larry.

Am I correct in thinking that if you currently have (for example)10 of NA097 RHA Sergeant with telescope listed at $25.00 you have to put the price up after Jan 1st even though it is old stock? or is it that new orders will now retail at $32.00

Am I correct in thinking that if you currently have (for example)10 of NA097 RHA Sergeant with telescope listed at $25.00 you have to put the price up after Jan 1st even though it is old stock? or is it that new orders will now retail at $32.00

Scott

That's the way I read it. I think that is why we are being encouraged to place orders ASAP. I guess the 2 month warning is considered to be a K&C sale until 1/1/11
This should help dealers move inventory with the holiday season fast upon us. Single figures are currently priced at $35 so that may be the standard for the older ones as well.

Its a bit daft if you ask me:(,is it just a way of helping dealers shift excess stock:confused:

Shannon...

No disrespect to you or the site but, just thought with things as they are this may have been better from the manufacturer.
Cheers for the update
Mitch

Mitch, you heard it here first because the release of my newsletter happened to occur fast on the heels of this announcement to dealers. I'm sure all the other dealers will let their customers know soon--it's a lot of information to sort through with all the news from dispatches coming out as well. It's only the beginning of November and the prices don't change right away so there is plenty of time for dealers to organize the information and let their customers know.

That's what the Treefrog forum is for--to give you all the fast-breaking news of the toy soldier world :D.

Cheers,

I guess those people who like to wait for the discounters to sell at lower prices are going to be disappointed. :rolleyes: This ought to clear out some old inventory sitting on shelves. A 2 month long pre-Christmas sale.

I don't remember K&C doing this in the past. For those of you who have been enjoying telling Andy how to run his business, looks like he has listened and followed your advice. Too late now to let sleeping dogs lie.

Terry

I guess those people who like to wait for the discounters to sell at lower prices are going to be disappointed. :rolleyes: This ought to clear out some old inventory sitting on shelves. A 2 month long pre-Christmas sale.

I don't remember K&C doing this in the past. For those of you who have been enjoying telling Andy how to run his business, looks like he has listened and followed your advice. Too late now to let sleeping dogs lie.

Terry

It's not really a sale as such though is it, it's more a case of buy it before the end of the year or else it will cost you more.

Sorry but if I am reading it right I do not agree with it.

Hi Scott,
I think you will find it is a rare dealer these days who has more than one or two of each item currently on their shelf. In your example for instance we actually have only 1 NA097 on the shelf at the moment because we get shipments in from K&C once or twice a week so there is no need to stock deeply.
The prices for these items will be revised to match those on the K&C website by January 1st on all K&C dealer websites and will become the new prices. Anything else would create a logistical nightmare.

Regards,

Hi Scott,
I think you will find it is a rare dealer these days who has more than one or two of each item currently on their shelf. In your example for instance we actually have only 1 NA097 on the shelf at the moment because we get shipments in from K&C once or twice a week so there is no need to stock deeply.

Regards,

Well several Forum members have recently posted comments about the poor dealers having to hold inventory for years without being allowed to discount. Have you been doing it wrong? :rolleyes::D Don't tell me you are making money at this business of selling toy soldiers. :eek::D

Terry

My health insurance is taking a big leap up on January 1, so why shouldn't my TS go up too?:rolleyes: Getting close to the point where I will have to choose between aspirin or TS. Heck, it's like the costs are racing to see who gets my last free dollar.:p My hobby money keeps shrinking by the day.:( Almost time to wave the white flag. This isn't just KC, it's the whole hobby. I should have listened to momma and become a gazillionaire. Just missed.:D -- Al

My health insurance is taking a big leap up on January 1, so why shouldn't my TS go up too?:rolleyes: Getting close to the point where I will have to choose between aspirin or TS. Heck, it's like the costs are racing to see who gets my last free dollar.:p My hobby money keeps shrinking by the day.:( Almost time to wave the white flag. This isn't just KC, it's the whole hobby. I should have listened to momma and become a gazillionaire. Just missed.:D -- Al

Al, if you'd gone the aspirin root, your blood would be wafer thin mate. Lead is a much healthier option. Remember, you heard it here first. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back