K&C Retroactive Price Increases (6 Viewers)

Hi jbonzo1, it's no drill actually. Randy got this straight out of the Treefrog Treasures newsletter. This involves older stock with equally older pricing bringing the pricing up to current pricing as they continue to have it produced.
Here's an example:
AK041 Marching Afrika Korps Officer currently $25, will increase to $32.

Isn't this like my corner gas station raising their price before they get their gas delivery ? I'm curious, are say AK041's continually produced over time? Or are they all manufactured at on time ?

Al, if you'd gone the aspirin root, your blood would be wafer thin mate. Lead is a much healthier option. Remember, you heard it here first. :)
LOL. I am now looking into the possibility of getting my expensive health insurance to pay for my TS under the heading of mental health. As in, I will go INSANE without my TS to keep me cool and calm. Think I have a chance? -- Al

LOL. I am now looking into the possibility of getting my expensive health insurance to pay for my TS under the heading of mental health. As in, I will go INSANE without my TS to keep me cool and calm. Think I have a chance? -- Al

If it works Al, please let us know (if you can type from the confines of a straightjacket) ;)

This announcement should come as no real surprise. The Fed Reserve and US Govt are actively engaged in a dollar debasing strategy in order to prop up the lagging US economy.

As the dollar falls, imports must go up in price. Especially those imports coming from countries with strong currencies, such as China (many say its yuan would be stronger without their govt's intervention).

As China gets wealthier its labor cost advantage relative to the US will gradually dissipate. Good news for you guys who like to paint? :)

Meanwhile its new found wealth will lead it to consume more raw materials, driving up commodity prices.

Both of these macro trends will be in place for years.

The good news is your current collection should rise in dollar value. But gold or silver may be the better "metal investment". :D

this is a joke!!!

I am actually seriously considering stopping collecting for a few years, have been for a while, maybe just sticking to reenacting, it's too expensive to collect now, there are few younger collecting because of the price, almost all my friends who know I collect wish that they did too, but they simply have not got the cash, and at almost £35.00 a figure, I don't blame them, I sometimes wonder if I'm wasting my money on the, sure they look great and are fun to fool around with and create dioramas, but at the same time, a hobby is meant to be enjoyable, and this makes ruins the hobby for me.

Just my personal opinion and view.

I hope that this isn't on top of the increase in VAT due over here come January?

Jeff

Wow, $7 increase on the foot figures!!! What will it be on mounted?

AND here we were on one of the other post talking about a K&C sale!!! Stupid us!!

Hi jbonzo1, it's no drill actually. Randy got this straight out of the Treefrog Treasures newsletter. This involves older stock with equally older pricing bringing the pricing up to current pricing as they continue to have it produced.
Here's an example:
AK041 Marching Afrika Korps Officer currently $25, will increase to $32.

My advice: Shop early and often ;).

Best regards,

Just to clarify...what K&C is doing is bring older sets up to the pricing for current ones. Since K&C has not raised prices in quite a while, some of the older sets cost much less than the current ones. This just evens things out.

As I'm typing this I'm looking at the new BOB winter ambulance. It's a very nice piece, but 139.00 is a lot of money for a piece this small with no figures. The price increases over the years have drastically affected what I am buying. I use to buy almost every new WWII, Civil War, and Crusader figure released. Now I only buy BOB figures and civil war. Plus the price of beer has gone up 6% this year. And I just heard the Cheerios are going up like 10%. How much more can I take.

I just took a look at the WW II section of Treefrog and while admittedly this isn't 100 percent ironclad, there don't appear to be that many figures still at $25. Yes, there are some; there appear to be a few in the Fields of Battle.

It's not like K & C has all of a sudden raised the price of all figures from $25 to $32. Some figures are already priced at $29 and $32, for example.

I just took a look at the WW II section of Treefrog and while admittedly this isn't 100 percent ironclad, there don't appear to be that many figures still at $25. Yes, there are some; there appear to be a few in the Fields of Battle.

It's not like K & C has all of a sudden raised the price of all figures from $25 to $32. Some figures are already priced at $29 and $32, for example.

Actually, some of their newly announced single figures are at $35. So we really don't know what the new prices might be for the older items.

Terry

It will affect 356 it stated so, thats a lot more than just a few WWII figures for sure
Mitch

I think the price rise will not include VAT which will be another 2/5% on UK prices!!!!
Mitch
I hope that this isn't on top of the increase in VAT due over here come January?

Jeff

Isn't this like my corner gas station raising their price before they get their gas delivery ? I'm curious, are say AK041's continually produced over time? Or are they all manufactured at on time ?

Guys,
Since the $ prices are almost directly converted into € prices without taking into account the exchange rate difference, it means that a single figure will cost, as fom the 1st of jan onwards, €35 ( Current price is € 32). Collecting K&C on a scale like I did in the past will become almost impossible for me. Very sad story. But Happy New Year anyway to all K&C collectors worldwide.
guy:(

Questions:

Will there be a list of the 356 pre-2009 items?

If a dealer is currently out of stock on an item and they get new ones in before January 1st will the old price still apply or will it be the new price since the figure was just made at a higher cost to K&C?

Polar Bear...

Going by the release it would have to be made at a higher cost but, sold at the lower price as its before the cut off point.
Mitch
PS does anyone know if this applies to vehicles also or just figures quite confused?

Questions:

Will there be a list of the 356 pre-2009 items?

If a dealer is currently out of stock on an item and they get new ones in before January 1st will the old price still apply or will it be the new price since the figure was just made at a higher cost to K&C?

Mind you although this is not the most welcome news for the K&C camp FL are raising their prices for a single figure from £49.95 to £54.95!!! so, although its not nice its not that bad!!!
Mitch

Polar Bear...

Going by the release it would have to be made at a higher cost but, sold at the lower price as its before the cut off point.
Mitch
PS does anyone know if this applies to vehicles also or just figures quite confused?

Quote..... the only items unaffected will be retired items still in stock with King & Country.

That's clear enough for me....:mad:

Just to clarify...what K&C is doing is bring older sets up to the pricing for current ones. Since K&C has not raised prices in quite a while, some of the older sets cost much less than the current ones. This just evens things out.

Please explain this QUOTE "SINCE K&C HAS NOT RAISED PRICES IN QUITE A WHILE," with every new issue prices increase 2-4 dollars a single figure. I think this price increase will hurt the collectors new and old...Ron::(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back