K&C Retroactive Price Increases (2 Viewers)

Just to clarify...what K&C is doing is bring older sets up to the pricing for current ones. Since K&C has not raised prices in quite a while, some of the older sets cost much less than the current ones. This just evens things out.

This logic reminds me of the Movie...Mean Streets, where DeNiro tries to get his bar tab going again....Bartender answers ... Oh I get it...put the little tab, in with the big one's....that evens things out....:rolleyes:

Just to clarify...what K&C is doing is bring older sets up to the pricing for current ones. Since K&C has not raised prices in quite a while, some of the older sets cost much less than the current ones. This just evens things out.

I've never heard of raising the prices on older sets.Unless they are still being manufactured they want today's prices for stuff they made a few years ago.If this is correct then it's B.S.
Mark

Very Simple Guys;)....REFUSE To buy those items that are increased...Have the discipline to resist....Collectors Unite....Solidarity:D

Ok so if I understand this well,

That old K&C set sitting on the shelf of my dealer with a 89$US price tag for 4 figures is going to be raised at 32-35$ x 4 = 128$-140$ ?

ahahahhahaahahha

This is complete B.S.

I quit collecting K&C 1 year ago. Now I'm gone completely.

Alex

Ok so if I understand this well,

That old K&C set sitting on the shelf of my dealer with a 89$US price tag for 4 figures is going to be raised at 32-35$ x 4 = 128$-140$ ?

ahahahhahaahahha

This is complete B.S.

I quit collecting K&C 1 year ago. Now I'm gone completely.

Alex

Good analysis...Complete BS...

This announcement should come as no real surprise. The Fed Reserve and US Govt are actively engaged in a dollar debasing strategy in order to prop up the lagging US economy.

As the dollar falls, imports must go up in price. Especially those imports coming from countries with strong currencies, such as China (many say its yuan would be stronger without their govt's intervention).

As China gets wealthier its labor cost advantage relative to the US will gradually dissipate. Good news for you guys who like to paint? :)

Meanwhile its new found wealth will lead it to consume more raw materials, driving up commodity prices.

Both of these macro trends will be in place for years.

The good news is your current collection should rise in dollar value. But gold or silver may be the better "metal investment". :D

You better believe gold and silver are better metal investments:D:D:D....Good one

Mind you although this is not the most welcome news for the K&C camp FL are raising their prices for a single figure from £49.95 to £54.95!!! so, although its not nice its not that bad!!!
Mitch
May I ask what figures that pricing refers to? Here of course, we do not see prices in £ but given the rate of exchange I just saw, those prices don't match up with what is posted on the FL site in $ converted to £?

For example (rounded), the Napoleonic Scots, due to their extra painting are $55 / £33.3 and their other new Napoleonics are $50 / £31.2 (Re-issued French $40 / £33.3) and the Crusader figures range from $50 / £31.2 to $55 / £25. Of course none of this includes VAT or Taxes.

As a collector I'm clearly unhappy with ANY price increase and despite what K&C & their dealers say these price increases have been consistent and rapid. :mad: That said I think what's bugging me the most is that this seems like a drastic and unprecidented move which is surprising all of us. :( I'm used to new product being priced high, but adjusting old stock is new. Surprising and very disappointing news however with poor currency and macroeconomic issues swirling around us our little hobby was bound to be hit. Bottom line once again will be how many customers will K&C lose at the margin? Afterall if they can keep increasing sales and prices then they are a business and would be foolish not to in the name of increased profits. For most of us we'll just have to be even more selective ( read fewer purchases ). At some point for such a small niche business I have to believe if most collectors are cutting back then that's got to hurt K&C's bottom line. Time will tell. In the meantime its just pay, pay, pay.....if you want to play. :mad: :( :eek:

I've got a better idea....Why not bring the prices down to make all things equal??

QUOTE=Peter Reuss;337487]Just to clarify...what K&C is doing is bring older sets up to the pricing for current ones. Since K&C has not raised prices in quite a while, some of the older sets cost much less than the current ones. This just evens things out.[/QUOTE]

Very interesting thread my freinds
It might come a time that u buy what u need not what u like
I hope this is not going the baseball cards way (fingers cross)
Maple Leaf

Conspiracy thought: One of the other posts talks about K&C staying on the shelves. KC- we need to raise prices in a few months!!! BAM, we go buy before the price raise starts!!!!! K$C fall off the shelves quick now!!!. Just a thought.

Dealers who bought those sets at let say 40 to 60% off MSRP are going to triple their investments. I respect their opinion a lot but it's the customer
who will have to swallow that 'new' increase ...

Alex

Dealers who bought those sets at let say 40 to 60% off MSRP are going to triple their investments. I respect their opinion a lot but it's the customer

Alex

I agree with you, old stock should remain at current prices and new stock should be adjusted if needed. The daelers with OLD stock are going to be the only one to benefit from this action...Ron

Alex

yes....

I agree with you, old stock should remain at current prices and new stock should be adjusted if needed. The daelers with OLD stock are going to be the only one to benefit from this action...Ron

double yes....

Three questions.

How much old stock do authorized dealers actually have? Treefrog says they don't have much. My Dealer in Quebec doesn't either. So what dealers have a lot of old stock and is this really a problem?

With 2 months warning, if there isn't too much old stock around, there should be very little left by year-end to have prices increased on. Again, why is this a problem?

And finally, who were the people recently saying the poor dealers are stuck with too much old inventory and K&C should help them out. A future price increase is bound to generate sales. Looks like K&C did something to help out the dealers. And are those the same people worried about dealer overstock now complaining about the future price increase?

Looks like the Law of Unforseen Consequences has struck again.

Terry

You better believe gold and silver are better metal investments:D:D:D....Good one

Ive said many times those who count toy soldiers (by any manufacturer) among their investments are seriously deluded. But in reality the point is moot. Very few people have collections valued at more than $25k (excluding a few "extreme collectors"). Thus TS's are surely not a significant part of most person's investment portfolio.

In addition, most collectors are likely not holding their toy soldiers as assets within their tax-deferred accounts (ie, IRA, SEP, etc). This is where the majority of people have the bulk of their retirement/investment assets.

FYI, collectibles of any kind, including gold, silver and toy soldiers, carry a tax rate of 28% on gains, higher than the current LT capital gains rate on stocks and many people's personal rate.

This is very discouraging to see the current path that toy soldier collecting is going down. I have remained mute on the many subjects that have been brought up about price increases, cost of labor etc, etc.... Unfortunately I cannot resist any more.
Myself like the majority of people here have a great deal of interest in military history that more then likely stemmed from collecting toy soldiers as a small child. Like many I started off with plastics and as I got older I moved on to bigger and better things with K&C. I came into the game a little late and got the tail end of the 4 figure sets priced around $89. At the time I thought they were expensive but given the circumstances K&C was on top of the world as the leader in the best produced toy soldiers. As prices increased I kept hearing specific reasons why. Labor costs, enhanced level of detail and quality etc..... My only question is why are prices being hiked up on sets that K&C must admit themselves are inferior to todays standards? Why am I paying the same price for a figure that was produced 6-7 years ago that obviously has less detail and outdated painting patterns. Like many others I'm beginning to feel the pinch.

I'm curious, are say AK041's continually produced over time? Or are they all manufactured at on time ?

This is a great question.....anyone know the answer? I'm guessing there are times when a figure or set is made all in one run, making these retroactive price increases illogical. Then again, there are probably times when a good selling figure or set is produced at various points in time, making them subject to production costs incurred at that specific point in time.

In any case, it seems to me that K & C's pricing has been rising steadily all along (anyone notice that some of the forthcoming BBG single figures, as nice as they are, are $35.00 each?). Now I'm certain there are a myriad of arguments and reasons that can support these price hikes from the manufacturer's standpoint-we've heard all of these points before. But the bottom line for me remains, and that is any further acceleration in pricing is certainly not welcome, and frankly, quite disappointing, especially given these uncertain economic times.

Joe

LOL. I am now looking into the possibility of getting my expensive health insurance to pay for my TS under the heading of mental health. As in, I will go INSANE without my TS to keep me cool and calm. Think I have a chance? -- Al

Now that's creative, Al! :D It might just work! :)

Joe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back