Glossy 075.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 662
  • Glossy 079.jpg
    Glossy 079.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 504
  • Glossy 080.jpg
    Glossy 080.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 498
Hate to correct you again, but the one with the Brown Jacket is an American Volunteer Group "Flying Tiger" Pilot (although some of them were former Marines on leave, like Pappy Boyington).

I don't think you've corrected me (at least not today :D) and I'm glad you did it.

I have a question about the photo with the three pilots. The figure to the rear under the wing. What is it? I have one but have never been able to ID it. Thanks.
Steve

That's the polystone pilot that goes with the polystone Corsair under which the two glossy pilots are placed.

Brad:

I was lucky enough to pick those two glossy figures up YEARS ago at the Old Toy Soldier Home in San Diego (Vista). I am thinking that it must have been pre 1994 or thereabouts. I think I still have the actual original receipt so I will check. I have them displayed with the Figarti P-40s as the scales & theme match well. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Hang Tough,
Marc

Wow some great pieces in there. I think K&C should maybe think about heading back down the glossy road again.

Wow some great pieces in there. I think K&C should maybe think about heading back down the glossy road again.

Thanks to your post I picked up this thread, and got to see all the wonderful

items I had missed on this thread!

Njja

The guys in the front is WS001. Click on picture to see up close.

:D:eek::D Wow ! Now THAT'S a Thread ! My favs are the Palio Standard Bearers and those Afghan Tribesmen .Many heartfelt Thanks to Louis Badolato & Jazzeum for an incredibly entertaining hour and a half's education/entertainment.Thanks as well to Shannon for the Glossy renovations that brought it to my attention.o.

:D:eek::D Wow ! Now THAT'S a Thread ! My favs are the Palio Standard Bearers and those Afghan Tribesmen .Many heartfelt Thanks to Louis Badolato & Jazzeum for an incredibly entertaining hour and a half's education/entertainment.Thanks as well to Shannon for the Glossy renovations that brought it to my attention.o.

I'm glad you enjoyed the photos. Since them I got the last Afghan figure I was missing (standing loading), some more glossy Napoleonics, the last Camel Mounted Guardsman (pointing his arm) and the Glossy Napoleonic Chess Set from 1991. One of these days I will have to take a few more photos.:D

As promised I took some photos of the new acquisitions, and e-mailed them to Brad with a polite request to post them for me. Lets hope they make it onto this thread soon!

Here are the photos, with captions.

Photo 1: Here is a shot of the British side of the 1991 Issue Glossy K&C Waterloo Chess Set. This was a limited edition of 100 sets. The king and queen (The Duke of Wellington and Lady Wellington for the British) were 90mm figures, while the remainder of the pieces were 75mm.

Don't worry Ron, the next photo is the French side, complete with Napoleon and Josephine as the 90mm King & Queen!

Photo 2: Here's the French side of the Waterloo Chess Set released in June, 1991. My set is number 74 of 100. The set was completely sold out by the August, 1993 dealer dispatches.

Photo 3: More for you Ron: Here are some of the 54mm K&C glossy Napoleonics from 1994 to 1995: marching and standing Old Guard Grenediers and Dutch Grenediers of the Imperial Guard

Photo 4: Equal Time for you Rob: Here are some recently acquired K&C glossy K&C Napoleonic marching British Grenediers from 1994.

Photo 5: One last shot for now: The last of the 9 Afghan's K&C produced in 1988: standing loading.

Attachments

• Louis Glossy.JPG
    Louis Glossy.JPG
    92.9 KB · Views: 414
  • Louis Glossy 2.JPG
    Louis Glossy 2.JPG
    94.1 KB · Views: 477
  • Louis Glossy 3.JPG
    Louis Glossy 3.JPG
    86.8 KB · Views: 404
  • Louis Glossy 4.JPG
    Louis Glossy 4.JPG
    87.1 KB · Views: 412
  • Louis Glossy 5.JPG
    Louis Glossy 5.JPG
    90.9 KB · Views: 442
Thanks for posting the photos for me, Brad. I forgot to photograph the Camel Corps Sergeant pointing, as well as a couple of the new Heco acquisitions, but that can wait for another day . . . ;)

Louis,

Send them on. It's ok. My neck is not too bad today.

I checked my certificate, and my set is #72 out of 100, not 74 (my bad!). I will take the remaining photographs and get them out to Brad soon. Thanks again Brad!

The Chess Set is Excellent! Your having a Banner Year!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back