King & Country book (1 Viewer)

They would just say - WHERE ARE THE NAPOLEONICS ?

:D :D :D

Ron - I still need access to a Napoleonic collection to photograph. We have only done the old glossies.

And a Crimea, Egyptian, WW1 ................................

Kevin,
When we get together for our "tea party" I have all the Napoleonics and Crimea, so we can make a photoshoot of it as well if you wish.

I guess being the creative type though we'll need to ensure the right time of year for lighting etc.,;)

We need to corral Simon et al at the March London Show and firm up dates and events etc.,

Regards
Clive

Kevin,
When we get together for our "tea party" I have all the Napoleonics and Crimea, so we can make a photoshoot of it as well if you wish.

I guess being the creative type though we'll need to ensure the right time of year for lighting etc.,;)

We need to corral Simon et al at the March London Show and firm up dates and events etc.,

Regards
Clive

Clive

That would be great.

First very many congrats to both Kevin and Louis on the publication of this much anticipated book,for all of us K&C fanatics it will be a must have.Secondly can i ask where the first volume goes up to in terms of releases.Finally as i understand it, the larger original book as been split up into seperate volumes.So will the second volume and subsequent volumes be issued within a short space of time?.

Rob

First very many congrats to both Kevin and Louis on the publication of this much anticipated book,for all of us K&C fanatics it will be a must have.Secondly can i ask where the first volume goes up to in terms of releases.Finally as i understand it, the larger original book as been split up into seperate volumes.So will the second volume and subsequent volumes be issued within a short space of time?.

Rob

Rob

It was never going to be possible to do all of K&C in one book. Even after the photo shoot we did in 2007, I did not have everything and have shot a lot in the UK since, but still have gaps.

I was originally going to do a project of my own using other manufacturers as well to cover some periods or battles - I may do this in future, but was persuaded to do the K&C one by Louis - it wasn't hard but I wasn't planning to as I thought someone else was doing it in the US.

This K&C volume was originally going to be bigger - but - my unfamiliarity with the software lead me to understand that around 160 pages was the max - hence the split - although I think now this was wrong and was just the way the software presents.

This volume covers the soldiers from WW2 gloss in 1989 with the first of the few to the Arnhem series in 1998 - focusing on the early glossies and change to matt soldiers but including many of the rare wooden and resin vehicles, plus the odd incredibly rare warbird and vehicle from the period - such as the one of two Horsa Glider, which is featured a bit. For completeness I included the additional sets from the second series Arnhem soldiers as well, up to the Daimler in its two forms.

The warbirds will probably be the second volume. I hope we can squeeze that and possibly a third out when Louis and I catch up in May.

Having thought about it now, although a much bigger book would keep the unit price down, it would also be very heavy as I picked the largest landscape size and particular formats to try to have the pictures of the soldiers as as near real size as I could.

Even if I did this full time it would still be a heck of a project.

Sorry, but now I,m confused. Does this book cover all of WW2 or just the early stuff up to the first matte Arnem set with the new Arnem set pictured just for comparison.
Thanks, Gary

It covers the early WW2 glossies, including rare CE, FF, US, RAF and WSS figures, the WS series up to WS 10, the AN series to AN16 and the wood and resin vehicles of that period, usually less than 50 produced or even rarer. I included the later Arnhem additions in a chapter of their own.

It also has either previews or full pictures of some related warbirds, such as the spitfire, hurricane, B17 and horsa glider.

There are also some very rare or unique non-production vehicles and rare K&C papier mache buildings.

It chronicles and previews desert of that period and chronicles LAH but does not have them in photos, we have no current access to a collection.

There is a preview of planned other volumes including early glossies, desert, winter, modern. Total just under 160 pages, around 250 plus photos, 13" by 11" hard cover.

Back on line soon.

...I have heard that the 'First Edition' cannot be stopped. Therefore those eight who ordered before I pulled it will have a rare copy indeed. I hope that this is a plus rather than minus .

I would just like to wait for those copies that have been ordered to arrive so I can have feedback first. Please pm me when it arrives.

If it is positive, it will be go for the second edition, plus any corrections, it just takes a few hours to load the book ...
I believe I am one of the eight who ordered since I got an order confirmation. I never got a chance to review Larry's chapter on SOHK, so ...:D:D:D

I believe I'm one of the eight. I say believe because I never got a confirmation. However, I checked the status of printing and it's supposed to be shipped next Monday, March 16.

I am also one of the infamous 8. I have my confirmation number.
I always thought it was lucky 7 but I guess 8 will have to do here:)
Bill Sager

Now the question is, will typo copies actually be shipped to those of us with confirmation numbers ? Or will they wait and ship after the mistakes are fixed ?

I saw Harvey Hammer tonight at the book club we belong to and he said he's also one of the 8.

Rob

It was never going to be possible to do all of K&C in one book. Even after the photo shoot we did in 2007, I did not have everything and have shot a lot in the UK since, but still have gaps.

I was originally going to do a project of my own using other manufacturers as well to cover some periods or battles - I may do this in future, but was persuaded to do the K&C one by Louis - it wasn't hard but I wasn't planning to as I thought someone else was doing it in the US.

This K&C volume was originally going to be bigger - but - my unfamiliarity with the software lead me to understand that around 160 pages was the max - hence the split - although I think now this was wrong and was just the way the software presents.

This volume covers the soldiers from WW2 gloss in 1989 with the first of the few to the Arnhem series in 1998 - focusing on the early glossies and change to matt soldiers but including many of the rare wooden and resin vehicles, plus the odd incredibly rare warbird and vehicle from the period - such as the one of two Horsa Glider, which is featured a bit. For completeness I included the additional sets from the second series Arnhem soldiers as well, up to the Daimler in its two forms.

The warbirds will probably be the second volume. I hope we can squeeze that and possibly a third out when Louis and I catch up in May.

Having thought about it now, although a much bigger book would keep the unit price down, it would also be very heavy as I picked the largest landscape size and particular formats to try to have the pictures of the soldiers as as near real size as I could.

Even if I did this full time it would still be a heck of a project.

Thanks for taking the time to explain Kevin.

Cheers

Rob

Users who are viewing this thread

Back