KING & COUNTRY DISPATCHES -- January 2023 (1 Viewer)

Thanks Andy, I'll def be getting the new Kokoda and Aussie Vietnam sets. Hope to see some Aussie Korean War sets released later this year,

I want to be optimistic and the mounties in action and on horseback will arrive soon. I like the mounties with round hats better.

Francisco;){sm0}
I like the "Mountie" hat better too but I don't think they used them in the 1870's.
Mark

Good release Andy and K&C.

I am very happy to see K&C venture forth into the Korean War. They will be heading my way when available. Hopefully the K&C sets will fit in with T. GUNN Korea sets

QUESTION: I am pretty sure the the Garand was not carried by the Marines in the Pacific in any great numbers. BUT were there "ANY" issued to the Marines.
I see no other (issue) with using them in a WWII Pacific scene. Thinking about the series "THE PACIFIC" and where Sledge and SNAFU were trudging up that muddy slope in a downpour and they conned the "new guy" out of his new poncho. ^&grin

--- LaRRy

USMC058 ‘Wet Weather Patrol’
Four Marines, including an officer carrying his M1 Carbine… another Marine with his Browning Automatic Rifle and two more ‘Leathernecks’ with their Garands trudging through the rain to complete their mission.
This little set comes in its own box with a specially-designed, full-colour label.

View attachment 293743

USMC060 ‘Marine Officer w/Camouflage Poncho’
In addition to the standard issue olive drab ‘ponchos’ a number of Marine Corps camouflage pattern ‘ponchos’ were also issued.
This officer has managed to obtain one… After all, rank has its privileges!

View attachment 293744

AVAILABLE: Mid January

Good release Andy and K&C.

I am very happy to see K&C venture forth into the Korean War. They will be heading my way when available. Hopefully the K&C sets will fit in with T. GUNN Korea sets

QUESTION: I am pretty sure the the Garand was not carried by the Marines in the Pacific in any great numbers. BUT were there "ANY" issued to the Marines.
I see no other (issue) with using them in a WWII Pacific scene. Thinking about the series "THE PACIFIC" and where Sledge and SNAFU were trudging up that muddy slope in a downpour and they conned the "new guy" out of his new poncho. ^&grin

--- LaRRy

Hi mate, the Garand was the most issued US weapon of ww2 in every theatre. It was the main battle rifle of the US Amy/Marines. Carbines were issued to officers and radiomen, mg and mortar teams etc.

Scott

Lots of interesting figures, liking the Vietnam Aussie set, but gotta tighten belt. Vietnam civvies will be added though !
Egyptian peddler is also great and hopefully add it at a later date.

Good news Andy, in that it looks like you are being released from the gilded cage of HK !

Some beautiful releases in this month's K&C news report. Lovely work Andy.

Cheers,
Grey

Andy mate,

Congratulations on starting the New Year 2023 with a great range of sets. This lot are going to be a budget buster as the only thing I don't collect (sadly) are the AEs. I look forward to seeing the Mounties and Korean ranges expand rapidly.

Cheers Howard

Hi mate, the Garand was the most issued US weapon of ww2 in every theatre. It was the main battle rifle of the US Amy/Marines. Carbines were issued to officers and radiomen, mg and mortar teams etc.

Scott

Hey Scott ... many thanks. I was aware that the GARAND was the most distributed rifle in Europe and Africa, but I seldom see photos or movies that show the Marines carrying them. As you mentioned, Carbines were given to (others) but I was not sure if the common MUD MARINE got them.

Cheers, sir!
-LaRRy

Hey Scott ... many thanks. I was aware that the GARAND was the most distributed rifle in Europe and Africa, but I seldom see photos or movies that show the Marines carrying them. As you mentioned, Carbines were given to (others) but I was not sure if the common MUD MARINE got them.

Cheers, sir!
-LaRRy

Larry, I know for some reason, the Marines always got obsolete weapons. I just assumed they used the M1 Garand. Are you thinking they used WWI era 1903 Springfield bolt action rifles?

Larry, I know for some reason, the Marines always got obsolete weapons. I just assumed they used the M1 Garand. Are you thinking they used WWI era 1903 Springfield bolt action rifles?

Well, Yes the Pacific was always considered a "lesser priority" than Europe and thus got what was left over. But I guess I might be a victim of Hollywood movies or a small sample of WWII Pacific photos. For example this one. --- LaRRy

pacific-war-colorized-photos-12.jpg

or this one

US-marine-during-the-close-battle-during-the-Battle-of-Saipan-Island-1024x762.jpg

or this one.

R.93d7eeec69461ccffb524560c5e2d6d2

Your first pic has two M1's and two carbines. I wouldn't want to go to battle with a carbine. I read that in the Korean War, the carbine bullet barely penetrated the thick winter padding of the North Korean/Chinese jacket (must be at a longer range).

D. A HILL IN KOREA…
More than a few of our collectors have also suggested that K&C take a closer look at the Korean War (1950-1953) as a possible subject to cover.
It’s certainly an interesting subject to consider and over the years I’ve read a number of books on the subject as well as watching quite a few Korean War movies and documentaries on it.
One particular aspect of it that I noticed was that a lot of the weapons, equipment and even some uniforms were distinctly WW2 in appearance.
Not surprising perhaps considering that the Second World War had only just finished five years before this particular conflict erupted.

One particular book that I have is by noted photographer David Douglas Duncan ‘THIS IS WAR!’ . A photo narrative he compiled of amazing images he took while attached to several USMC units fighting in the first year of the war and published in LIFE magazine shortly afterwards.

View attachment 293738

View attachment 293739

Duncan’s great photos as well as a recent visit to the Korean War Veterans Memorial in Washington D.C. inspired this first small group of figures shown here.
When I visited the memorial site it was a grey, early morning with a little low-lying mist still hanging over the ground.

View attachment 293740

Appearing out of the mist were 19 ‘poncho’ – clad figures making their way over what could have been a paddy-field. Either about to go on patrol or perhaps returning from one it just seemed a perfect image to try and capture in miniature and here they are…

View attachment 293741

View attachment 293742

I've visited the US Korean memorial in Washington and its outstanding as was the Vietnam memorial wall. The Korean patrol figures are huge and the setting with the confer groundcover is quite special IMO. I commend Andy for releasing this range, the Korean conflict is often over looked or simply ignored by most TS manufactures

Queen figure looks good, thought about buying it, but realised it is the same figure i have from K & C,
https://www.kingandcountry.com/princess-elizabeth-p-8270.html
Just a rehash and repaint, seems a bit of a goulish thing to do, an old woman has died, lets get some old moulds, paint them up and make a few quid.

On the rest, just bland, no vehicles, aimed at the North American market, cannot understand why do the ceremonial Canadians? Can understand the in action figures such as kneeing firing, latching onto JJD releases and riding on the Fur Trade and/or North West Frontier JJD range, but not ceremonial! Possible could use them with the JJD figures, with the JJD indians and frontiermen looking on to them raising the flag.

Used the word bland as K & C seem to be losing it to the likes of JJD and Thomas Gunn and even relatively new comers to the market Warpark. Their new Panzer III is outstanding, lucky i ordered one as it sold out in around 7 days, JJD releases every month are outstanding, new Panther is a masterpiece. While T Gunn manage some great diverse releases, plus the aircraft are excellent, not into Choppers, but the one below looks a beast and i am thinking of buying, as a standalone piece it is a real WOW piece.

The style of some of the new pieces is getting a bit too caricaturish for me, i do have some T Gunn WW2 Aussies, but looking at the new K & C below he looks a bit 'Disney' to me, will still stick with the T Gunn one that was release a couple of years ago, but they are remarkably similar,the K & C figure obviously works out, his arms are huge.

On the bright side this does give me the opportunity to get the final 3 WW2 panzer Grenadiers sets i need, have all the 12SS and they are the business as are the Normandy British infantry sets, group is a bit Bren Gun heavy, so will need to get some more infantry figures.

......thoroughly 'Bland' is what I'd describe this post.....Full of the usual inflammatory terms and sentiments. Interestingly enough reminds me of a certain ex-member, who simply couldn't help being negative or highly critical of anything K&C produced.......rather a sad miserable sort of chap, hell bent on spoiling the party and being a complete bore.

Do hope you enjoyed your Christmas and New Year.....and Santa was kind and left you some K&Cs 12SS under your tree and some Xmas cheer.....jolly good, pip pip hooray for you.....

Seriously mate, life is short, concentrate on what makes you happy. :salute::

Last edited:
......thoroughly 'Bland' is what I'd describe this post.....Full of the usual inflammatory terms and sentiments. Interestingly enough reminds me of a certain ex-member, who simply couldn't help being negative or highly critical of anything K&C produced.......rather a sad miserable sort of chap, hell bent on spoiling the party and being a complete bore.

Do hope you enjoyed your Christmas and New Year.....and Santa was kind and left you some K&Cs 12SS under your tree and some Xmas cheer.....jolly good, pip pip hooray for you.....

Seriously mate, life is short, concentrate on what makes you happy. :salute::

Yes, does remind of that ex member, but each to their own. Simple really, if it doesn't appeal don't buy it.

I've visited the US Korean memorial in Washington and its outstanding as was the Vietnam memorial wall. The Korean patrol figures are huge and the setting with the confer groundcover is quite special IMO. I commend Andy for releasing this range, the Korean conflict is often over looked or simply ignored by most TS manufactures

That is a great monument.

I like the figures moving through the landscape.

Bit like that Aussie monument for the Boer war that some one posted a month ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back