KING & COUNTRY Dispatches -- November 2021 (1 Viewer)

I agree on the price of the truck, I have a simply outlook on this, just do not buy it if it too expensive and/or not worth the money. For me it is expensive, and there are better value sets out there for my money.

New tank crew pieces, i have the older ones and also purchased the T Gunn ones a couple of months ago, so i am fully crewed up on my German AFVs. Not much actually out this month, have noticed K & C over the last few months have been retiring more stuff than they are releasing every month. Just an observation, not being critical, but the statement below is a little critical,

I was studying my DD beach sets, DD340, DD341, DD343, DD344 and DD345, seeing what to order next and noticed they all have the same face, viewing the new stuff and it seems like some of the new sets also have the same facial features! Set of DD356 and 357 are different as is 338, they the later is shouting and the previous have been shot. I know we joke about some places in the UK being inbred, but not that much, unless the milkman was a busy chap.

Ending on a positive - I can also see the difference between the 1 standing and 1 kneeing firing single figures and the standing/kneeing firing in the 3 group set - DD341 - they have different helmets, some with scrim and some without, nice idea for a grouping and does extend a diorama group.

Last edited:
What no Vietnam releases !^&grin

Catch up month for me !

Steve

Andy mate,
I have to agree with Steve that it will also be a quiet month for me, apart from the fantastic figures of Prince Phillip and King Edward VIII. Busting to get my hands on the new Collector magazine as those Cowboys on the front cover are a real tease.^&grin I am hooked on an American TV Series at the moment called "Yellowstone" and these Cowboys fit the bill nicely.

Steve mate,
Here's hoping that we will see some Aussies, U.S. Marines, Civilians or T-55 tanks in the December Dispatches.

Cheers Howard

I agree on the price of the truck, I have a simply outlook on this, just do not buy it if it too expensive and/or not worth the money. For me it is expensive, and there are better value sets out there for my money.

New tank crew pieces, i have the older ones and also purchased the T Gunn ones a couple of months ago, so i am fully crewed up on my German AFVs. Not much actually out this month, have noticed K & C over the last few months have been retiring more stuff than they are releasing every month. Just an observation, not being critical, but the statement below is a little critical,

I was studying my DD beach sets, DD340, DD341, DD343, DD344 and DD345, seeing what to order next and noticed they all have the same face, viewing the new stuff and it seems like some of the new sets also have the same facial features! Set of DD356 and 357 are different as is 338, they the later is shouting and the previous have been shot. I know we joke about some places in the UK being inbred, but not that much, unless the milkman was a busy chap.

Ending on a positive - I can also see the difference between the 1 standing and 1 kneeing firing single figures and the standing/kneeing firing in the 3 group set - DD341 - they have different helmets, some with scrim and some without, nice idea for a grouping and does extend a diorama group.

K & C over the last few months have been retiring more stuff than they are releasing every month: K&C are at least making New stuff "Every Month"
Price of Truck : Ok $299 is Money !
New Tank Crews: The new set is a nice option for those not already "Crewed up" ......Considering it myself !
DD Beach sets: "Set of DD356 and 357 are different as is 338, they the later is shouting and the previous have been shot. I know we joke about some places in the UK being inbred, but not that much, unless the milkman was a busy chap" Seriously ? Calling Toy soldier sculpts "Inbreds"
^&confuse

Last edited:
Tough Crowd

The truck is very nice... a little pricey but anyone notice the inflation rate, shipping logistical issues, higher oil prices, US$ dollar exchange rates lately, US/ China relationship and last but not least...COVID policy affects?

Not too friendly to the collector are they?

Carlos

Tough Crowd

The truck is very nice... a little pricey but anyone notice the inflation rate, shipping logistical issues, higher oil prices, US$ dollar exchange rates lately, US/ China relationship and last but not least...COVID policy affects?

Carlos

Not too friendly to the dealers or the manufacturers either.

We're all taking the gas pipe.

Tough Crowd

Carlos

And what about the scarcity of raw materials and global warming ???

Wow - I have been collecting for 50 years and would just like to thank Andy for his passion and grit in creating the greatest toy soldier company in the world! Thank God most of us live in a world that allows free speech. FYI - I love the new German truck with removal bench seating. Being a banker involved in international and domestic lending I understand inflation is upon us whether people like it or not, and the only way to make a Profit is to pass price increases on to the customer. Three Cheers for King and Country. Boyer, PFC

Wow - I have been collecting for 50 years and would just like to thank Andy for his passion and grit in creating the greatest toy soldier company in the world! Thank God most of us live in a world that allows free speech. FYI - I love the new German truck with removal bench seating. Being a banker involved in international and domestic lending I understand inflation is upon us whether people like it or not, and the only way to make a Profit is to pass price increases on to the customer. Three Cheers for King and Country. Boyer, PFC

Ah a banker? That'll be why you can afford to collect K&C🤣

Scott

I had look through the releases, few for me. Lots of repaints and re-releases here,

WS357 ‘Tank Commanders Set’ – repaints of sets WSS 223-1 and WSS 223-2
WH100 – are the figures from set WHO048, new paint job and one has lost his rifle and got an MP.
MK211 ‘The White Swabian Knight’ – Repaint MK24
MK212 ‘The Red Swabian Knight’ – Repaint MK49
MK213 ‘The Templar & The Lazarene’ – Repaint MK63.

I like the seated Germans and will like to get at some point. Will get a couple of British, Normandy version, 356 and 357, sets. Did we get an answer on what the soldiers is carrying in his right hand in DD355? Please do not say it is Bren gun mags case, it is not, the design is wrong and physically if it was full of mags the guy would not be able to lift is with 1 arm and run.

The LOJ and Santa stuff does not appeal to me, but I know a few collectors who really like the Santa sets and I am pleased for them as Santa does look good.

It's clearly a .30 Cal. Ammunition Tin...which is strange given that the brits only used .303 rifle ammo and wooden Ammunition boxes. One could argue that perhaps they wanted to use metal tins for their vickers belted ammo as these are more waterproof than the wooden ones they would used...but I doubt that.

Artistic License'

Scott

Three cheers for Boyer, who is a banker and who can afford expensive toy soldiers . Not everyone is so Lucky !!!!!!
PS: Can you lend me $300, so that I can buy the new truck ?
Guy{eek3}

It's clearly a .30 Cal. Ammunition Tin...which is strange given that the brits only used .303 rifle ammo and wooden Ammunition boxes. One could argue that perhaps they wanted to use metal tins for their vickers belted ammo as these are more waterproof than the wooden ones they would used...but I doubt that.

Artistic License'

Scott

People tended to hang on to useful items before this age of throwaway plastic and the Army as well as individual Soldiers being no different, have been known to put other items than that intended in their kit.

Perhaps he keeps his Sandwiches in the tin ! :tongue:
Artistic license as Scott suggests !
Steve

This hobby attracts people from all walks of life, all economic classes. Is there any need to poke fun at Boyer because he can afford to buy an item?

Three cheers for Boyer, who is a banker and who can afford expensive toy soldiers . Not everyone is so Lucky !!!!!!
PS: Can you lend me $300, so that I can buy the new truck ?
Guy{eek3}

No offence to anyone but soon enough only investment bankers/executives will be able to afford our hobby!
It will be funny to see toy soldier advertisements in Wealth Management magazine :)

Guy you better be careful, your $300 truck will end up costing you $425 :)

498.00 US Dollars =669.23924 Australian Dollars that for truck and crew sad to say my K&C days are over.

Buy at least six. Keep three mint in the box and flog them on ebay at twice the price in 18 months time

Good on the man for being smart enough to go into a lucrative line of work. I collect primarily Rev War and I still remember when it was $21 for a foot figure and $35 for a mounted figure! K&C isn't currently producing any lines I'm really interested in but I'm afraid I'd be priced out as well. That being said, if Andy delves back into my era...

The hobby will die soon enough unfortunately. The collector base keeps getting smaller and smaller both because of age and increasing prices. The toy soldier makers can keep producing but at some point it will become a hobby for the very few :(

Artistic License'

Scott

Scott, American .30-06 M-1s were also issued in some quantities to the British Army but I do not know how many and to which units. A friend of mine has one of those M-1s. It has a red band painted around the stock to alert the soldier to the different caliber. These rifles were a stop gap measure and not used beyond the island defenses. Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Back