$T2eC16FHJF4FFkPrCuVlBRdP,kWKNQ~~60_58.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 165
  • $T2eC16RHJHwE9n8ihpYCBRdQ0GiIOg~~60_58.jpg
    $T2eC16RHJHwE9n8ihpYCBRdQ0GiIOg~~60_58.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 159
  • $T2eC16NHJHIFFhkutnJLBRdQn+REVQ~~60_58.jpg
    $T2eC16NHJHIFFhkutnJLBRdQn+REVQ~~60_58.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 153
I have started keeping a list since last month of the prices which trophy Napoleonic sets are going for on ebay.

Just wanted to show you all this:

In Apil: North Gloucester King'd Colour Standard Bearer for sale from MKL Models:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400442072...WAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_600wt_872

Last night one of the pieces I won: Listed as the King's Colour Officer with Standard WA58. It is the exact same figure from the exact same seller but look at the price I paid:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/140960650...WAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_600wt_872

I feel unbelievably lucky that maybe no other collectors spotted this, but maybe the reason was that because it was listed as something else that people just passed it by.

Or maybe for the previous one in April there was a collector after this who needed it to complete their 28th North Gloucester Sets?

What do you guys think? What's your thoughts on this?

Scott

Just snagged these beauties tonight!:

Wooooo!^&grin

Scott

Turns out the flag bearer wasnt the 28th north gloucester it was actually the 92nd gordons which completely works to my advantage!^&grin^&grin

Just on the look out for the 92nd regimental (which I''ve found and am watching like a hawk), the standing ready gordons, kneeling ready gordons and kneeling to repel gordons!^&grin

Scott

Brad

That set would really go well with US3-Dynamite Gun of the Spanish American War 1898, Tommy has this set{bravo}}

Cheers

Martyn:)

Thanks Martyn. I'm sure Tommy would say that the only way you're getting that set is prying it from my hands ^&grin

Brad

Correct! Nice pickup Brad. Tommy

attachment.php
This will go well with your set Brad. Tommy

Great set Tommy and it's not nice teasing Brad{sm4}{sm4}but got a hunch he'll be on the hunt for one.....Joe

Hunt over Joe. Got one yesterday ^&cool

ANGLO BOER WAR

set# SAS10/V - BUSHVELDT CARBINEERS

Cheers

Few sets I managed to ge ton ebay uk tonight!^&grin

Scott

Attachments

• $(KGrHqMOKooFF021WfeNBRhlkYHtkw~~60_58.jpg
    $(KGrHqMOKooFF021WfeNBRhlkYHtkw~~60_58.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 107
  • $T2eC16ZHJHwE9n8ii1UeBRhl8kKK(Q~~60_58.jpg
    $T2eC16ZHJHwE9n8ii1UeBRhl8kKK(Q~~60_58.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 115
  • tn_03.jpg
    tn_03.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 112
Scott,

With your K & C and Trophy purchases this weekend, you must have the lottery {eek3}

Brad

TOWN and COUNTRY series

set# C45B - INDIAN CAVALRY OFFICER and LADY

They arrived together with a very rare set, one of only 6 made....more about that set later in the week:wink2:

Cheers

THE CRIMEA series

set# CWS12D - OFFICER 17th LIGHT DRAGOONS (LANCERS)

Cheers

THE CRIMEA series

RUSSIAN CANNON from set# CWS8 and CWS13

Cheers

It is really great to see Trophy in such high demand. They brought me back to collecting after a long hiatus from the hobby. I grew up with Britains, Elastolin and painting my own Imrie Risely castings.
Trophy and Len Taylor brought glossies up to new standards of sculpting, painting and a vast diversity of figures, vehicles, artillery and accessories.
I have several thousand figures but am amazed at the number of sets I see on this forum that I was not aware existed.
I think their value will continue to increase as more collectors appreciate their beauty and diversity.

Len also did custom painting for different regiments and battles. I even have some custom AWI figures with added bayonets and uniform facings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back