Latest additions (2 Viewers)

Thank you, Martyn ... I guess this Command set is a bit different from a regular one :salute::still needs a horse and flag bearer I wonder if an officer figure with raised hand came from a machine gun set? If so, I have never seen one.
Al

I think the Officer is from EQ44Z - GATLING GUN SET. This is listed in one of my old catalogues with a 60th Regiment crew

Cheers

Martyn:)

I think the Officer is from EQ44Z - GATLING GUN SET. This is listed in one of my old catalogues with a 60th Regiment crew

Cheers

Thank you, Martyn
Do you have one in your collection to show its picture?
Al

Thank you, now I have an idea how it should look... but on the second though an officer on the picture has a hand gun not the binoculars.

Thank you, now I have an idea how it should look... but on the second though an officer on the picture has a hand gun not the binoculars.

Al check my Nordenfeldt Naval crew, the Officer has a hand gun your's has a telescope, all adds to the variety

Cheers

THE RAJ

set# PW1 - PRINCE OF WALES STATE ELEPHANT

I was very lucky to find this set which is one of the first 6 produced, you can tell this from the design of the Fans the Attendants are waving. The first 6 sets had the fans made of tin, they were hand stamped into shape before painting. Once a demand was seen for the set a new, easier to produce fan was added, this was a flat cast version. I had only seen the flat style fans previously.

Here are a couple of close ups of the fans with my set

This is what the later set looks like

The later set is used on the Trophy Catalogue cover

Cheers

THE RAJ

set# PW1 - PRINCE OF WALES STATE ELEPHANT

I was very lucky to find this set which is one of the first 6 produced, you can tell this from the design of the Fans the Attendants are waving. The first 6 sets had the fans made of tin, they were hand stamped into shape before painting. Once a demand was seen for the set a new, easier to produce fan was added, this was a flat cast version. I had only seen the flat style fans previously.

Here are a couple of close ups of the fans with my set

Cheers

Wow, a real masterpiece Martyn, what a work of art and a fantastic addition to your Trophy collection.

{bravo}} {bravo}} {bravo}}

Do you know how many different Durbar Elephant sets Trophy produced?

B.

Mine is arriving in about ten days so I guess we will see which one i have.

Photos are obligatory
Well done.
That is the one that got away for me.
Like Louis's WWI Bus.
Glad you have found one

Wow, a real masterpiece Martyn, what a work of art and a fantastic addition to your Trophy collection.

{bravo}} {bravo}} {bravo}}

Do you know how many different Durbar Elephant sets Trophy produced?

B.

Many thanks Buster :salute::

Trophy only produced the one Durbar Elephant, until I got this one I thought there was only one version.

Cheers

Mine is arriving in about ten days so I guess we will see which one i have.

Photos are obligatory
Well done.
That is the one that got away for me.
Like Louis's WWI Bus.
Glad you have found one

Damian and I are both looking forward to the pictures Brad, I'm really pleased you found your set{bravo}}

Cheers

Martyn, great find indeed. Have you check with Len on this version? I am pretty sure mine is with cast fans.
I found 2 complete unpainted casting for this set in a while ago , so it's a chance for me to make a scarce version as well {sm4}
Al

Martyn, great find indeed. Have you check with Len on this version? I am pretty sure mine is with cast fans.
I found 2 complete unpainted casting for this set in a while ago , so it's a chance for me to make a scarce version as well {sm4}
Al

Thanks Al :salute::

Brad and I had a chat about this set a few weeks ago

Were your castings on Ebay about 2 years ago, from a seller in Wales, not Len I hasten to add ^&grin :wink2:

Cheers

Managed to add several new Crimea sets to the collection this week which means I have a few duplicates that will be travelling with me to the London Show, including this one :wink2:

THE CRIMEA series

set# CWS 11 - MAJOR GENERAL THE EARL OF CARDIGAN

Cheers

THE CRIMEA series

set# CWS 5 - RUSSIAN INFANTRY

By other set of these figures will be making a guest appearance in London in a fortnight :wink2:

Cheers

THE CRIMEA series

set# CWS 19C - THE 4th (QUEENS' OWN) LIGHT DRAGOONS - OFFICER

My other one will be travelling to London soon :wink2:

Cheers

Managed to add several new Crimea sets to the collection this week which means I have a few duplicates that will be travelling with me to the London Show, including this one :wink2:

THE CRIMEA series

set# CWS 11 - MAJOR GENERAL THE EARL OF CARDIGAN

Cheers

I'm seeing double! ^&grin

THE CRIMEA series

set# CWS 19 - The 4th (QUEENS' OWN) LIGHT DRAGOONS - TROOPER 1

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back