Latest additions (2 Viewers)

I'm assuming that based on the rough sculpting it's an early set.

I'm assuming that based on the rough sculpting it's an early set.

Hi Brad

Based on the box and how Trophy only used that style label in the very early days, I would say the 1970's

Cheers

Martyn:)

Thanks Martyn. The sculpting is a little too rough for me. Muppet has an early Indian regiment set on eBay. Very nice looking set but for the sculpting.

Brad

Thanks Martyn. The sculpting is a little too rough for me. Muppet has an early Indian regiment set on eBay. Very nice looking set but for the sculpting.

Brad

And me Brad. The turbans are on the large side in early IA figures, they remind me of a character from The Eagle comic ^&grin

Fortunately the turbans are regular size on the POW State Elephant sets :wink2:

Cheers

A big THANK YOU goes to Brian Deitz for sending me this figure as a gift, he is a wonderful addition to my 60th Rifles collection {bravo}}{bravo}}{bravo}} There are some truly great people in this hobby :salute::

Thank you again Brian:salute::

Hi Brad

Based on the box and how Trophy only used that style label in the very early days, I would say the 1970's

Cheers

Martyn
At the best of my knowledge , Trophy has not used any set boxes in early years at all. At least all early Trophys shipped to the US dealers did not have any boxes, they very shipped in large "Castle" type parcel boxes wrapped in a paper tissue. It resulted in the large number of "casualties" : broken pieces in transit. The East cost Trophy dealers at the time, printed their own Trophy labels for the plain white boxes and sold them as sets of 6. The maroon box on the picture is almost identical to the boxes used by Toy Soldiers Gallery Trophy dealer (Tony) in upstate NY. He closed his shop last year.
I do not know if the British Trophy dealers did the same. Len would have a correct answer. :)
Alex

Hi Al

As you quite rightly say in the beginning Trophy didn't issue figures in boxes, let alone sets, all figures had an individual catalogue number. I think this was a great way for collectors to build up a collection.

The "Soldiers of the World" label was the first one used by Trophy after the "Under Two Flags" period, then came labels dedicated to each series for example INDIAN MUTINY, NAPOLEONIC and EGYPT and THE SUDAN. Then came the predominately beige "TRADITIONAL MODELS FOR THE COLLECTOR by TROPHY MINIATURES WALES LTD" label, followed by the "THE CLASSIC COLLECTION" pale green label that remained with the Company until it closed down.

Cheers

Martyn

I don't really care for the box that Peter has but do like the ones that were dedicated to each series.

Brad

A big THANK YOU goes to Brian Deitz for sending me this figure as a gift, he is a wonderful addition to my 60th Rifles collection {bravo}}{bravo}}{bravo}} There are some truly great people in this hobby :salute::

that a way to go brian, brothers in arms

Martyn,
You are very welcome, I am sure he will be put to good use bringing ammo up to the boys. If it wasn't for your great pictures, I would not have started collecting Trophy. On second thought, should I be happy or sad about catching the Trophy bug.
I am glad I was able to help your great collection in a small way.
Brian

Martyn,
You are very welcome, I am sure he will be put to good use bringing ammo up to the boys. If it wasn't for your great pictures, I would not have started collecting Trophy. On second thought, should I be happy or sad about catching the Trophy bug.
I am glad I was able to help your great collection in a small way.
Brian

Very nicely done Brianan I'm glad to see you caught the Trophy bug.............Joe:salute:::salute:::salute::

Scott mate, text without photos is not allowed on this thread :wink2:

Found one of my holy grail quests, both for my Trophy Collection as well as for my now near complete Sherlock Holmes in Miniature Collection:

Dr. Watson at Maiwand - American version no dog. It is pretty cool with a nice handwritten note from Mr. Len Taylor!

Tom

Tom,
Congrats on your find. We all have that one, glad you found yours. Now on to the number 2 quest on your list.
Brian

Colour Sergeant Seaforth Highlanders

Here is my other Seaforth Sergeant with white Sergeant stripe

Here they are together

Cheers

Just received the gift of this figure from my mate Damian in South Africa, there are some very, very nice people in this hobby

Many thanks again Damian :salute::

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back