Latest additions (1 Viewer)

Nice Find Martyn. I have the other two. Most of what I have come across of Key's special commissions have been Salvation Army. Tommy

Many thanks Tommy :salute::

Rod Key said that these two particular sets are the only ones Trophy produced, he wanted them to be different to the ones listed in the catalogue.

My mate Richard had lots of the Rod Key Salvation Army special commissions for sale at the London Shows over the years, they have mainly gone now though. The ones that have sold out were the sets with the TM mark on the base :wink2:

Cheers

Martyn:)

THE RAJ

Set# PW16 - MOUNTED SOWAR - Udaipur (Mewar) State Force

Cheers

THE EGYPTIAN WAR - Tel El-Kebir

Set# SS31 - GORDON HIGHLANDERS - CHARGING

Cheers

THE CRIMEAN WAR

Set# CWS14D - ROYAL MARINE LIGHT INFANTRY FIRING LINE

Cheers

Got some new sets guys and more on the way ^&grin
I will ask Brad to post pics again ,he has been real gentleman,thanks again Brad:salute::
Regards Scott

Second version of the Russian gun emplacement to go with....

CWS4 - RUSSIAN SIEGE BATTERY

Shown here with the desert version

Here is the gun emplacement with gun in place

Cheers

Very nice Tommy, I have never heard of that set or series (South Africa in 1795) before :salute::

Cheers

It is a great set
I got one from Clive Gande
Apparently Len made them for a big collector in South Africa (not me) back in the late 1980's
They are in the catalogue

Very nice Tommy, I have never heard of that set or series (South Africa in 1795) before :salute::

Cheers

Thanks Martyn. They are listed in the 1997 catalog as sets CM 4, 5 and 6. CM 5 has a Sergeant with pike and 5 privates advancing and CM 6 with 6 privates advancing. I guess the only other set with pikes would be the Beefeaters with the Royal Coach. Offically, the 2nd Battalion 78 Regiment of Foot, Cape of Good Hope 1795. Damion is right. Very few sets made according to Len. I had never seen a set before either. Tommy

Thanks Martyn. They are listed in the 1997 catalog as sets CM 4, 5 and 6. CM 5 has a Sergeant with pike and 5 privates advancing and CM 6 with 6 privates advancing. I guess the only other set with pikes would be the Beefeaters with the Royal Coach. Offically, the 2nd Battalion 78 Regiment of Foot, Cape of Good Hope 1795. Damion is right. Very few sets made according to Len. I had never seen a set before either. Tommy

Many thanks for that info Tommy :salute::

My 1980's and 1992 catalogues don't list any, and the 1998 catalogue doesn't have any either, I don't have the 1997 catalogue

Cheers

A very lucky find on Ebay, the original DS61 – MOUNTED ANSAR with STANDARD BEARER
This is the actual set pictured in the Trophy flyer advertising the revived Dragon Crest range.

If you look at the picture on the flyer the mounted figure does not have a sword scabbard showing, yet the figure has the hole drilled in his back to fix it, a slight mistake by Trophy when the picture was taken due to the haste required in getting the flyer off to the dealers announcing the revived range.The figure I won on Ebay was also missing the scabbard and had the hole drilled. The paint detail on the flag carried by the foot figure is exactly as show on the flyer.

The picture from the flyer

The picture from the Ebay auction

Finding an original Trophy Dervish scabbard wasn't a problem, I have a mate who supplied me with several Trophy spare parts including various weapons etc :wink2:

Cheers

THE CRIMEAN WAR

Set# CW1 -SCOTS GUARDS OFFICER

The Officer also appears in the 6 figure set# CWS.I

This particular figure carries his sword at a different angle to other releases I have seen.

Cheers

Last edited:
THE CRIMEAN WAR

Set# CWS22 - SIR COLIN CAMPBELL

Cheers

THE NORTH WEST FRONTIER

Set# NWF12 - THE QUEENS OWN CORPS OF GUIDES MOUNTED LANCER

Every four man was armed with a lance, he was the designated horse handler during any action

Cheers

Bedouin Chief (also known as Sheriff) from

set# TEK8 - Desert Tribesmen.....part of the BATTLE OF TEL EL-KEBIR series

This addition came from a trade with a mate of mine for a spare Sheriff in a maroon robe I had, every one was happy {bravo}}

Cheers

HIGHLANDERS IN ACTION

Set# DH4A - SEAFORTH PIPERS ON THE MARCH

Suitable for Egypt and The Sudan, North West Frontier or the Anglo Boer War campaigns

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back