Launching A Wildcat, December 1940. (1 Viewer)

Corey121281

Private 2
One of the first F4F-3 Wildcats to enter service is readied for launch on the USS Wasp in 1940.

-Wildcat is John Jenkins Designs ACE 50

-Figures are all from John Jenkins Designs Inter-War aviation sets. A few from the Bunker Hill series. All figures had bases repainted to match the color of the deck

-Accessories are from some of the John Jenkins Designs World War I British and German mechanic sets.

-Base was a Thomas Gunn large WWII carrier deck mat. Mat was repainted following plank pattern using Vallejo mahogany brown to match a color for USS Wasp. Lines were painted Vallejo flat yellow and semi gloss overcoast for some reflective shine but not too much. Base is 14" by 18"

image007.jpg

image008.jpg

image009.jpg

image001.jpg

Simply fantastic work on your carrier deck base Corey! Your display looks perfect. And that Interwar Wildcat is a beauty too 😎

You're tugging at my heartstrings, Corey. I'm a sucker for a good aircraft diorama. Nicely done.

Mark

An absolutely gorgeous and outstanding display Corey. Very nicely done and a display to be very proud of.

Mike

Great display, well thought out and finely executed.

Very nice set up Corey. Love the arrangement of the figures. You did a great job in capturing all the action of a live and active flight deck.

Thanks for sharing this with us.

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Back