Leibstandarte (1 Viewer)

Very nice collection Great deal on the band. Probably the best range K&C does. One that got me into K&C
Mitch

We have a nice Gordon-built display here at the store that I thought I would share with everyone.

Y'all (yes we're in Texas) would not believe the number of complaints that we get over having this displayed.

lah display.JPG

This is awsome display Kings X
Next time somebody complains
just tell them it's only to remind u
to never forget and it's a certain
period in German history
Like it or not we can't change that
Maple Leaf

As promised- here are some pictures of the beginning of my LAH collection. Like I sated previously I’ve only begin collecting three weeks ago but was fortunate to find a lot of the retired stuff on eBay without having to pay through the nose. I got some good deals and paid close to retail or a slight premium for most of the items. In fact, I managed to score the band for $150 less retail because the box wasn’t in pristine condition (through still serviceable). The only items I took a hit on were the viewing stand and Eagle.

I’ve got some great ideas for this range……to be continued.

Great display Derek. You've some fine pieces in your collection already. These displays are always going to provoke divided opinions but there is no denying the visual impact they have. Personally, I find studying the circumstances and events which led up to the outbreak of World War Two absolutely fascinating. The Nazi regime created stunning visual artefacts, 'Triumph of the Will' for example, and looking at them gives us a better understanding of how a highly developed nation like Germany succumbed to fascism.

Thanks Carlin, I have many ideas. I can’t wait to get the Army, Navy and Air force to get involved. I just have to pace myself between items being retired and my monthly budget.

You got that right about the visual impact these displays always provide. After seeing the photos and film of the actual German parades, rallies, etc makes me realize why 65+ years later there are still countries (like North Korea) that still practice this to sway the masses for their cause. The sheer size of it all is incredible.

Derek

Last edited:
This is awsome display Kings X
Next time somebody complains
just tell them it's only to remind u
to never forget and it's a certain
period in German history
Like it or not we can't change that
Maple Leaf

When someone comes into the shop and sees the Berlin '38 stuff I listen. Sometimes I hear "they look really good but they are the Bad Guys!" Or something similar. I tell them that you should be attracted. The uniforms are designed to make you want to be a part of them. They are the masters of mass brain washing. I give them a brief history about the designers and the masterminds of the NDASP. I try to educate these days.....

Great display Derek. You've some fine pieces in your collection already. These displays are always going to provoke divided opinions but there is no denying the visual impact they have. Personally, I find studying the circumstances and events which led up to the outbreak of World War Two absolutely fascinating. The Nazi regime created stunning visual artefacts, 'Triumph of the Will' for example, and looking at them gives us a better understanding of how a highly developed nation like Germany succumbed to fascism.

It's the Hugo Boss designed SS uniforms. Other than the U.S. Marines dress blues..the most handsome design ever. And I can surely see how the Nazi's gained power in 33', Just look at what's happening to our (U.S.) country now. Bigger, and bigger government, mass unemployment, (sorry, my rant.) The Berlin 38' series got me into collecting K&C as well. But I'm done, (with Berlin 38') I won't add anymore figures. Now I'm finishing up the Hitlerjugend series.

We have a nice Gordon-built display here at the store that I thought I would share with everyone.

Y'all (yes we're in Texas) would not believe the number of complaints that we get over having this displayed.

Any chance we can get some more close ups on the details of all the figures involved? One picture doesn't do this display justice and I can't afford to fly to San Antonio at the moment for a ftf meet-n-greet. :)

Its indeed a very nice display. I save every picture I can get. Love the massive LAH band. {sm3}

But also I can understand that because of these three massive Swastikas banners in the back the whole display can be misunderstood by some folks.

Update on my project: The Luitpold Hall:
Propably tonight I'll finish my Luitpold Hall - only 10 more flags to be made. Pictures will follow asap {sm4}
I thing you're gona like it :)

Oliver

Its indeed a very nice display. I save every picture I can get. Love the massive LAH band. {sm3}

But also I can understand that because of these three massive Swastikas banners in the back the whole display can be misunderstood by some folks.

Update on my project: The Luitpold Hall:
Propably tonight I'll finish my Luitpold Hall - only 10 more flags to be made. Pictures will follow asap {sm4}
I thing you're gona like it :)

Oliver

Can't wait to see it Oliver !!!

The Luitpold Hall:

The original:
03big.jpg

My version:
IMG_4393.JPG

IMG_4394.JPG

IMG_4395.JPG

IMG_4397.JPG

The building parts are made of wood and the flags are just printed paper. Because I had to make 20 flags I went for the easy way.

Oliver

The Luitpold Hall:

The original:
View attachment 101113

My version:
View attachment 101114

View attachment 101115

View attachment 101116

View attachment 101117

The building parts are made of wood and the flags are just printed paper. Because I had to make 20 flags I went for the easy way.

Oliver

Excellent work Oliver. Your model looks to be a very accurate recreation of Speer's original design and the large and imposing scale will really give your LAH display a sense of grandiose authenticity.

Oliver....

That structure is simply stunning mate. Its probably, in fact, it is the best LAH structure I have seen. Excellent work
Mitch

WOW! I have to agree, that is a pretty impressive structure. Do you mind sharing some insight on how you built it? (Stone effect, how the banners and insignia were made). Us newbies have inquiring minds. ^&confuse

First class diorama building and i love how the banners are offset just like in the picture-

Derek

Been a while since posting some LAH from the berlin range and, thought I would post some pics of the new archway. This is a really impressive and versatile set and, can be used in big or small displays with equal impact. I am currently building a base board to incorporate this and the 8 plinthed eagles from the range as an opening to a larger parade style ground for the troops I have from the range.
Mitch

Hello everybody....I wanted to ask: isn' t it bothering for you to see during all day a nazi parade in your home? I understand it is choreographic...But so many nazi flags, little Hitlers, his butchers...I collect waffen ss fighting, and I have one LAH for the uniform, but.....My question is not a provocation, I am really curios...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back