London Show Images (2 Viewers)

Thanks much to you Rob and Andy and the rest that braved the elements and were kind enough to take and share your photos.:cool: Can you tell me about the cannon and horses; who, what scale and medium etc?

You're welcome Bill, I believe if memory serves, they were JJ's but am afraid I am not sure from which range

Rob

On to the show itself.

It was good to see the usual crowd at the show as well as our Dutch friends, Peter, John Jenkins and a host of others.

The London Christmas show is usually the busiest in the London calender, but on this occasion numbers were down probably more due to the weather than the economic outlook. Taken photos of the show also gave me an opportunity to look at some of the manufactuers that I don't usually collect.

Little Legion is a name most collectors have heard about even if they don't collect glossy figures. There range seems to be growing from the Zulu/Nap series that they originally produced. Sudan seems to be a growing range with the addition of the large River Boat and what appears to be increasing numbers of both mounted and dismounted Brits and Mahdists. A good range of figures.

Alexander Toy Soldiers also looks like it is expanding. The display they had on the Charge of the Light Brigade looked very good and business at the able when I was there was brisk.

Heritage figures, I now have a soft spot for. I picked up 7 of the 9 Camel Corps I had pre-ordered. I believe they can firmly stand with Britains and add to the poses available (see images below). I like the Camel mounted figures as well and will look at some more CC and Mahdists next year. The Gardiner Gun and crew retail for £90, with dismounted at £15 and Camel mounted at £40.

White Tower Miniatures have been at the show a few years now and look to be expanding. They now stock a large range of Medieval and Western figures, with my personal favourites being the Saxons and Norse figures. I was tempted in getting a Saxon shield wall with advancng Normans. Prices for painted figures are £16/£27 dismounted/mounte with buildings/diorama pieces between £12-£75. They have their own website.

TM Terrain gets better and better each time I see it, I picked up their Sudan display base and may ask they if they can produce me an Isanhlwana board for my Britains collection. The wall display was simply "Wow" and retailed for £100, the addition of the FL figures showed it off well. Congratulations to First Legion, I have seen their previous ranges but this one has tempted me in contemplating whether to get a few knights and soon to come out Mameluks and ask David if he can build me a little Acre dio. Temptation is a terrible thing;).

King and Country UK had a large number of displays showing probably the entire K&C range. I bought the wounded Lancer, to finish off my Crimean collection. It will be interesting to find out what their new collection will be. British Colonial perhaps?

Britains Nile boat looked a nice piece, although at £800-£1000 will probably be outside my range. I would love to see one all crewed up. being shot at by Mahdists on the shore. I picked up a number of Zulu/Sudan figures and the last French Lancer.

Clive had a great Train Station on display showing off Figarti's new loco (I picked one of them up). The model itself is lighter than you think. Hopefully, Figarti come out with a few more Russian tanks/vehicles and especially infantry. This is the line I'm concentrating on although yesterday I was glad that no new additions had been made quite yet (I bought the loco after all).

Best Vehicle - Figarti Loco
Best Figure - First Legion Crusaders
Best Dio - TM Terrain Wall
Best Traditional - White Tower/Heritage

Andy

All in all it was a good show

Attachments

• best ofshow1.jpg
    best ofshow1.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 341
  • best ofshow2.jpg
    best ofshow2.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 341
  • ccenlargesudan.jpg
    ccenlargesudan.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 337
  • sudanccmidrange.jpg
    sudanccmidrange.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 340
  • sudanoverview.jpg
    sudanoverview.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 341
Thank you, Andy, Martyn and Rob, for all of the photos of the show, I know it's a lot of work to process them. Looks like there was something for just about everyone.

Prost!
Brad

Apologies if these figures have already been shown, here are the two gift figures from the London Show

sf2.jpg

Beau Geste – British Infantry WW1 - Compliments of Treefrog Treasures

sf1.jpg

Frontline – French Sapper - Compliments of Frontline Figures

Cheers

Martyn:)

Thank you guys for all your time and effort bringing the show to us.
Mark

Cheers:
Thanks for posting the pictures once again. The FW-190 looks sharp but it looks like TGM decided to forgo the white stripe on the spinner when compared to the initial production photo which made it look real sharp. Still looking forward to seeing the final Faber version of the FW.
~Marc

Thanks guys fore all the comments about the First Legion Crusader diorama I made to display their Crusader range. I could have sold it three times over and I have one commission to make another. I had struggled to come up with an idea for the display until I was looking at the box lid for one of the knights- it is a ready made dio so I used that as inspiration. I think I will have to take more notice of box artwork from now on.
If anyone wants another a mere £100 is all it takes:)

David
TMTerrain

Attachments

• london show 018-018.jpg
    london show 018-018.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 352
  • london show 020-020.jpg
    london show 020-020.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 311
David,You should mass produce this as a lot of people could use it in other eras too.
Mark

Looking at the bases on the figures as excellent as they are they take something away when in a diorama setting.Perhaps detachable bases with little pins at the bottom of the feet on the figures is the answer.I personally hate bases.
Mark

Joining in to thank you Rob, Andy, Martyn and Gazza for taking me along with others to the show with your photos not only posted here but also featured on other threads throughout the forum. Sure would have been neat to have joined you at the show..............Joe

Joining in to thank you Rob, Andy, Martyn and Gazza for taking me along with others to the show with your photos not only posted here but also featured on other threads throughout the forum. Sure would have been neat to have joined you at the show..............Joe

You would have been made most welcome Joe.

I had a great time and never bought any Trophy:D

Cheers

Martyn:)

On to the show itself.

It was good to see the usual crowd at the show as well as our Dutch friends, Peter, John Jenkins and a host of others.

The London Christmas show is usually the busiest in the London calender, but on this occasion numbers were down probably more due to the weather than the economic outlook. Taken photos of the show also gave me an opportunity to look at some of the manufactuers that I don't usually collect.

Little Legion is a name most collectors have heard about even if they don't collect glossy figures. There range seems to be growing from the Zulu/Nap series that they originally produced. Sudan seems to be a growing range with the addition of the large River Boat and what appears to be increasing numbers of both mounted and dismounted Brits and Mahdists. A good range of figures.

Alexander Toy Soldiers also looks like it is expanding. The display they had on the Charge of the Light Brigade looked very good and business at the able when I was there was brisk.

Heritage figures, I now have a soft spot for. I picked up 7 of the 9 Camel Corps I had pre-ordered. I believe they can firmly stand with Britains and add to the poses available (see images below). I like the Camel mounted figures as well and will look at some more CC and Mahdists next year. The Gardiner Gun and crew retail for £90, with dismounted at £15 and Camel mounted at £40.

White Tower Miniatures have been at the show a few years now and look to be expanding. They now stock a large range of Medieval and Western figures, with my personal favourites being the Saxons and Norse figures. I was tempted in getting a Saxon shield wall with advancng Normans. Prices for painted figures are £16/£27 dismounted/mounte with buildings/diorama pieces between £12-£75. They have their own website.

TM Terrain gets better and better each time I see it, I picked up their Sudan display base and may ask they if they can produce me an Isanhlwana board for my Britains collection. The wall display was simply "Wow" and retailed for £100, the addition of the FL figures showed it off well. Congratulations to First Legion, I have seen their previous ranges but this one has tempted me in contemplating whether to get a few knights and soon to come out Mameluks and ask David if he can build me a little Acre dio. Temptation is a terrible thing;).

King and Country UK had a large number of displays showing probably the entire K&C range. I bought the wounded Lancer, to finish off my Crimean collection. It will be interesting to find out what their new collection will be. British Colonial perhaps?

Britains Nile boat looked a nice piece, although at £800-£1000 will probably be outside my range. I would love to see one all crewed up. being shot at by Mahdists on the shore. I picked up a number of Zulu/Sudan figures and the last French Lancer.

Clive had a great Train Station on display showing off Figarti's new loco (I picked one of them up). The model itself is lighter than you think. Hopefully, Figarti come out with a few more Russian tanks/vehicles and especially infantry. This is the line I'm concentrating on although yesterday I was glad that no new additions had been made quite yet (I bought the loco after all).

Best Vehicle - Figarti Loco
Best Figure - First Legion Crusaders
Best Dio - TM Terrain Wall
Best Traditional - White Tower/Heritage

Andy

All in all it was a good show

Andy,

Thanks to you, Rob, Martyn and Gazza I don't feel so bad at not making the show yesterday. Great pictures and yes you do get to see figures and all sorts of stuff when crawling around on the floor taking photos :D

Thanks

Jeff

134.jpg

133.jpg

132.jpg

131.jpg

130.jpg

Heres some JG shots and Sammy's dio, sorry Sammy but Andy's pics much better than mine.

Rob

Fantastic pictorial coverage Rob, Andy and David!!!! :) Thank you..I wish I was there. The TM Terrain Crusader wall is amazing. I think I must contact them and ask if it's a piece they'd consider replicating for sale. The White Tower Viking look great. I hope everyone had a great time....looks like so much fun, and so much variety. Thanks again for all the great pics you guys!!!:D

Joe

Some of these will no doubt replicate the photos already posted, but hopefully there's a chunk which haven't yet been posted:
Heritage

Dec2010Show024.jpg

Dec2010Show025.jpg

Dec2010Show026.jpg

Dec2010Show027.jpg

Dec2010Show028.jpg

Simon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back